Author Topic: Astroid possibly hitting earth is 72 hours.  (Read 6004 times)

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Astroid possibly hitting earth is 72 hours.
« on: November 06, 2011, 03:21:59 AM »
An astroid the size of an aircraft carrier may be hitting earth in 72 hours. It will be passing in-between the moon and earth. It's predicted it will not hit and a very small chance but due to it passing so close it could be drawn towards us. So yea if it hits us, we are in a bit of trouble.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 03:53:01 AM by SputniK »
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

Offline Sawnik

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Astroid possibly hitting earth is 72 hours.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 03:54:09 AM »
http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/images/2005_YU55_approach_movie.gif

http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/images/2005_yu55b.jpg

Chances are reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally Slim

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 03:57:21 AM »
http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/images/2005_YU55_approach_movie.gif

http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/images/2005_yu55b.jpg

Chances are reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally Slim

As your penis? Lolololol.

On a serious note, in 2036 we will face another asteroid. Which IS predicted to hit earth and it's the size of Sydney harbour.

Offline Sawnik

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 03:59:15 AM »
    As of October 7, 2009, refinements to the precovery images of Apophis by the University of Hawaii's Institute for Astronomy, the 90-inch Bok Telescope, and the Arecibo Observatory have generated a refined path that reduces the odds of an April 13, 2036 impact to about 1 in 250,000.[3][8]
    2009-Apr-29: An animation is released[22] that shows how unmeasured physical parameters of Apophis bias the entire statistical uncertainty region. If Apophis is a RETROGRADE rotator on the small, less-massive end of what is possible, the measurement uncertainty region will get pushed back such that the center of the distribution encounters the Earth's orbit. This would result in an impact probability much higher than computed with the Standard Dynamical Model. Conversely, if Apophis is a small, less-massive PROGRADE rotator, the uncertainty region is advanced along the orbit. Only the remote tails of the probability distribution could encounter the Earth, producing a negligible impact probability

Criticism of all published impact probabilites rests on the fact that important physical parameters such as mass and spin that affect its precise trajectory have not yet been accurately measured and hence there are no associated probability distributions. The Standard Dynamical Model used for making predictions, simplifies calculations by assuming the Earth is a point mass, this can introduce up to 2.9 Earth radii of prediction error for the 2036 approach, the Earth's oblateness must be considered to predict an impact reliably.[20] Additional factors that can greatly influence the predicted motion in ways that depend on unknown details, are the spin of the asteroid,[23] its precise mass, the way it reflects and absorbs sunlight, radiates heat, and the gravitational pull of other asteroids passing nearby.[20] Small uncertainties in the masses and positions of the planets and Sun can cause up to a 23 Earth radii of prediction error for Apophis by 2036.[20]

Just some stuff about the 2036 one

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 04:02:50 AM »
That's a whole bunch of big words, me no read. Seriously though fuck mind rape.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 04:09:28 AM by SputniK »

Offline Sawnik

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 04:05:21 AM »
That's a whole bunch of big words, me no read.
And we found a member of the derp part of the administration team...

I LOVE YOU TOO SKEP

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 04:09:19 AM »
Way to rain on my parade Mr. Universe -.-

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 04:16:01 AM »
Tyler said he wanted to lose his anal virginity before he died... 0.0

Offline deXterous | KaB00M!

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 06:30:08 AM »
I cried when I saw the title. IT WILL NOT HIT EARTH.. christ.. The chance of Apophis hitting Earth is like 1 in 45000... It will pass in 2029 and if it hits a keyhole, ITS SAID that it MAYBE would hit the Earth in 2036..

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 06:38:58 AM »
I cried when I saw the title. IT WILL NOT HIT EARTH.. christ.. The chance of Apophis hitting Earth is like 1 in 45000... It will pass in 2029 and if it hits a keyhole, ITS SAID that it MAYBE would hit the Earth in 2036..

Ok god/jesus.

Offline Veran120

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 07:21:18 AM »
It's not going to hit the Earth, though sometimes I wish it suddenly changed its' way and made a big KABOOM right on the Earth
HL2RP Characters
UU.C45.SeC.58466 | ALIVE | City 45 | "If you fail me, better for you if you commit suicide." | Theme: [Click]
Zoey 'Angel' Talke | ALIVE | City 45 | "Oh really?" | Theme: [Click]
Valerie 'Val' Anderson | ALIVE | Outlands | *grin* | Theme: [Click]

Offline Ducky

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 09:13:58 AM »
Spoiler for trolo:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1PBptSDIh8" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1PBptSDIh8</a>

I doubt it. If an asteroid actually had a high chance of hitting us, the news and everyone would be going nuts.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Click to see the original size.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 03:09:43 AM »
Earth is getting hit by astroids all the time. They are all getting burned up in the atmosphere, or all that's left of them finally hitting earth is a stone with the size of a tennis ball.

Really nothing to have a fuzz about.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline SoapANator

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2011, 07:45:59 AM »
Earth is getting hit by astroids all the time. They are all getting burned up in the atmosphere, or all that's left of them finally hitting earth is a stone with the size of a tennis ball.

Really nothing to have a fuzz about.

That...is rather true.
Former Characters:
Jimmy Valtizno - Civil Protection memeber for six months. Highest rank achived: EpU in APEX. Cause of Death: Shot, for attempted suicide.
Konstatine Ivanov - Held in prison cell for Anti-Civil activity for several months. Unkown if he's dead or alive.

MIA Characters
Gregory 'Death' Nikitn- Last seen wondering acorss the Outlands, in a critical state.
Zoe Kriyake - Has not been heard in weeks. Possibly re-located to C-18

Alive Characters
Pavalo Anodov - Wondering C18, unsure

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2011, 07:15:10 PM »

Ok god/jesus.

the fuck aren't you an atheist
o7

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal