Author Topic: Halo: Custom Edition  (Read 7681 times)

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Halo: Custom Edition
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2011, 09:51:28 PM »
I don't need admin at halo, I just play.  More of a time filler for me.

Offline Ducky

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2011, 02:38:47 AM »
I don't need admin at halo, I just play.  More of a time filler for me.

Look deeper into his post.. nobody will be able to play using a public CD key :(
Spoiler for Hiden:
Click to see the original size.

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2011, 02:41:32 AM »
I just don't buy another copy because I don't feel like wasting the money.  I lost my copy around here.  I only have Halo 2 on my PC that has an actual CD key.

Offline Ducky

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2011, 03:29:26 AM »
I just don't buy another copy because I don't feel like wasting the money.  I lost my copy around here.  I only have Halo 2 on my PC that has an actual CD key.

You need a Halo PC CD key. Come on Someone, this is shit, I've bought the original HPC 3 times and I was playing it for 3+ years. :< I don't even know if they sell the game any more, why can't people use public keys to get in?
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2011, 03:38:10 PM »
I never said, in no way, that you won't be able to play while being a pirate. I don't endorse piracy for legal reasons. If you're using a cracked game, however, it's up to you to get on the server. The server will be running on version 1.09ce. Pirates, generally, don't have the updater and therefore are not on that version. There are ways that you can get on that version without updating, but that's up to you to find out.

Offline Ducky

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2011, 05:08:43 PM »
I never said, in no way, that you won't be able to play while being a pirate. I don't endorse piracy for legal reasons. If you're using a cracked game, however, it's up to you to get on the server. The server will be running on version 1.09ce. Pirates, generally, don't have the updater and therefore are not on that version. There are ways that you can get on that version without updating, but that's up to you to find out.

lol HCE and its updater are easy to get, there are downloads everywhere, you just need a CD key. You almost don't need to pirate the game, the only thing you need to play multiplayer is a CD key.
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2011, 05:55:02 PM »
Now I just need a map list of the map cycle. Any suggestions are welcome (only custom maps please) if you know the name of the map, I can find it.

Maps already in the cycle:
CMT Snow Grove (slayer, team slayer, ctf)
Yoyorast Island / V2 (race)
z Sanctuary H2 pb2 (slayer, team slayer, ctf)
Portent (slayer, team slayer, ctf)
CMT Tensity (slayer, team slayer, ctf)
CMT Coagulation CE (slayer, team slayer, ctf)
Extinction (slayer, team slayer, ctf)
Rainbow Road (race)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 11:01:52 PM by *anonim* »

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2011, 06:06:37 PM »
add coldsnap.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2011, 06:22:55 PM »
Coldsnap, being one of the most played maps in Halo CE servers (according to the Halomaps official page: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=67), I feel is a map for more big-team games and Halo just doesn't have the players to accommodate such map sizes. While I like Tiamat's maps (most notably, Hugeass and Coldsnap) they don't have the gameplay value, and are more filler for stunts and general play.

If, however, there is enough demand, I will put aside these points and put it on there. My goal is a good player count, after all.

Offline Ducky

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2011, 09:38:21 PM »
Add Ambush then. I know more good ones but I can't remember the names. :<

OH WAIT- rainbow road
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2011, 09:54:17 PM »
i have it but i havent played it in ages

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2011, 10:19:29 PM »
You should play it with us. I'll be digging up some old classic maps as well. I'll ask around to a view mappers I knew and see if they have any of their old creations they would like to pitch in.

While also having a mapcycle, there will be a votemap function as well. During the PCR (Endgame) the server will list 5 maps/gametypes to vote on, players can then enter their votes by typing "vote <id>" in their chat.

Edit Rainbow Road added to mapcycle.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 11:01:35 PM by *anonim* »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal