Author Topic: Andrew J. Phillips's Authorization Application  (Read 2023 times)

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Andrew J. Phillips's Authorization Application
« on: November 03, 2011, 08:31:21 AM »
Player Section

Steam Name: SkeptiK.
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): Approximately nine years.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: Even since the release of HL2RP.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
- To own/lead a formalised resistance group.
- Ability to hand out supply's of all forms to refugee's, gained ICly.
- Ability to recruit trusted members in which I believe capable of RPing to a high standard.

Name: Andrew J. Phillips
Affiliation: Resistance

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Andrew J. Phillips was a standard citizen, his home city 32. He lived an above average life during the time of occupancy; he never really could draw the picture or formalize the idea of rebelling. In fact he was mostly loyal to the union, seeing it in a better prospect rather than the path of a refugee. Whether he believed that or not is a different story, but the main pull on him was his close friends and family. His father was an assistant of the civil administration, his main role was practically slave work but the benefits outweighed anything else that came to offer. Andrews father was driven by the benefactors, to the point of which he practically worshipped them as gods.

This played a major part in Andrews life in the city, constantly being spoon fed information by his father, the civil administration, the civil protection and general citizens drove him to the point of which he snapped. He wanted to believe, he wanted to feel this way in which the others do. But could not, something in him drove him to the point of which he had to leave, to clear his head. Something in him knew what he was being told was in fact wrong, but could not see what it was. He knew he was taking a leap of faith but simply did what he felt he must do in order to save his own life.

He had left the civil housing in which his family resided; he left behind all forms of his previous self. He wanted to start a new life, a new beginning something which gives him a place in the world, rather than sitting around and awaiting the inevitable. He fled to the next precinct and moved into the closest civil housing for a few days before re-locating himself into the restricted zone of the city. He knew if he was caught he would be in serious trouble, but he was confused, troubled and trying to find his true purpose.

After a few weeks, he found himself remembering things he didn’t even know existed. He believed them hallucinations at first, but more and more kept on finding its way back into his mind. He soon realized that the rations and water were clouding over his previous memories and the more that kept circuiting back made him more determined to do something about it.

A few months passed by and Andrew began to form an acquaintanceship with a certain group of the city. Largely known as an anti-civil bunch of fellows, at first Andrew was concerned with these people, as he was always around loyalist type figures but It soon left his mind as he began to develop a  friendship as they awoke him to the true meaning behind the benefactors. He began on embarking on so called “Civil duties” in which they had not stressed enough that what they had been doing is for the best of mankind. The duties that were mainly tasked to Andrew were simple in structure, but difficult in the terms of procedure. He was given books in which were branded as UU issue, however contained hidden messages and forms of propaganda.

The goal of which tasks he was allocated revolved around transporting these books to the UCH and public areas which are concealed or obstructed to the view of the civil protection.  Andrew continued doing this for months on end, transporting it to citizens all over the city. He found pride in the things he was doing, feeling better with himself and gaining a large sense of purpose. Shortly after, the book had become detected by the civil protection, it had been causing quite a stir and they had to act due to socio-stability slowly fading away. The CCA reacted with harsh measures, issuing level two’s to anyone in possession of the book, along with further restrictions of rations. OTA then was promptly deployed in the city, tasked with the responsibility to find the creator of the book and dispatch of them for good.

It only took a day for them to find the group, and wipe them out. Ceasing all forms of resistance left in the city but a few had escaped with their lives of which consisted of four people. Andrew knew if he was to stay he would soon be found and removed permanently. His only choice along with the others was to flee into the outlands; luckily one of them knew a way out. They knew it was not going to be easy, but they took the risk.  Two of the group members were killed in the process, found by a patrolling unit just before the edge of the city. They eventually made their way into the canals, but soon separated after own personal paths which they had to take.

After weeks of traveling, hiding and attempts to survive the harsh environments of the outlands he met a female, her name was “Ayuko” and soon formed a friendship with Andrew after several experiences which nearly resulted in their death. They began to bond together, speaking about their previous doings and how they came to be in the place they are now. Andrew told Ayoko his story and she was pleased to know that in his attempts he was doing well. Andrew felt differently, although he had been successful for a period of time, he took responsibility for the happenings of the city and blamed himself for the deaths of his friends and the un-wanted suffering he had caused.

Ayuko helped ease Andrews mental state, causing their relationship to escalate into something Andrew had never experienced before, a true mate ship. Ayuko and Andrew continued along their path, not knowing of which way they were heading but always felt driven by something. They ran into many refugees along the way, in which they had traded for supplies and or given. Ayuko managed to obtain a Kevlar vest, in which a man had given her after they had nearly been killed by a group of raiders. Andrew was offered one but  reluctantly declined, due to his previous experiences with civil protection.

Andrew was not driven by hate, as most people are given the circumstances. But had more of a revolutionary outlook on things. He wanted to change the way humanity was currently treated, he saw the civil protections as puppets by their true masters the “Benefactors.” And rightly so he decided to filter his feeling towards a greater goal, showing leadership, courage and bravery. Andrew and Ayuko began to speak of forming group or a band of people, trying to achieve the same goal but it soon was relinquished after a conflict between the two.  It took some time and a lot of work for the idea to be drawn up again, mainly due to Ayuko being seriously injured. She finally accepted, but on one condition. Andrew and her become more then friends, partners until they draw their last breath. Andrew accepted, almost without a batter of an eye.

After an entire year, Andrew and Ayuko had a functional group of certified members. All bent on resisting the benefactors ruling and saving as much lives as possible. They knew violence was not always the answer, and proceeded with activities that Andrew had previously concocted. Spreading propaganda to citizens throughout a number of cities, supplying citizens with salvaged supply’s food and shelter and providing armed protection to those who cannot defend themselves. The group eventually grew and precipitously spread throughout a number of cities including the outlands. They also eventually became to be known as the “Underground rail road.” As well as soon becoming a well-known for refugees and citizens seeking sanctuary away from the city.

Their numbers grew quickly, gaining new long term dedicated members which include specific people such as Ian Kenny, Kazaki Fuugiko and Jason Stevens.  Which the three had become close friends with both Ayoko and Andrew, earning a position within the group through trust. Ian, Kazaki and Jason were tasked with leadership roles, but one thing Andrew did not want was something of which the civil protection consisted of as he believed every man equal regardless of stature or position. Andrew and Ayuko were finally pleased with their creation, causing a lot of good things to happen in the process. The group remains a solid figure within the outlands, doing what they believe is right and just. To do their part in the savior of humanity, they know they cannot compete against the benefactors themselves but they know for every citizen they assist in finding the true path, is another person ready for the fight.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
- An organised resistance group, dedicated to assisting citizens/refugees, in mostly non-aggressive ways towards the UU.
- A leader figure for the resistance group.

Defects
- A target for the over-watch.
- Having responsibilities above the value of my life. (I hold others above me.)

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan to create something in which will enable both experienced and non-experienced members to enjoy both passive and hands on RP, with the underground rail road. I believe the server is lacking an edge in which I believe this canon group will allow through RP, as well as being closely monitored by myself and various trusted members of the community.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))

Extra Notes (optional):
I wish to only state that the group is already organised and that I need to speak to you on SF RTLK before you accept or decline this application. Thank you.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 10:04:13 PM by SputniK »
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Andrew J. Phillips's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 11:53:52 PM »
You can go ahead and do as you wish now with the application. I haven't been able to get in contact with you.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 12:55:25 AM »
Been busy with shit.  I'll talk to you sooner or later.  Haven't been on my computer since before I left for work thursday.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 04:40:34 AM »
Been busy with shit.  I'll talk to you sooner or later.  Haven't been on my computer since before I left for work thursday.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I spoke with you. All good.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal