Author Topic: Un-official mini type guide to outlands arepeh.  (Read 1189 times)

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Un-official mini type guide to outlands arepeh.
« on: July 26, 2011, 01:35:22 PM »
This is a non-serious post that is to be taken serious. If offended by my profanity, my bad.

I’m quite tired at the moment and excuse the language I’m not angry it’s just the way I express things, so don’t be all like “OMG FLAMEESSS REPORTEDDD.” Alright now we have that out of the way we can continue on what is to be addressed here. Outlands, to put it in plain simple terms is completely different from the city, simply because it’s not in a controlled area of CCA generalised authority. Hence why refugees from the cities flee there to escape enforced environment which is the city, however there is still a shit ton of OTA sweeps through it and ANYONE located within the outlands and or canals is amputated on sight.

Obvious S2M and S2K factors apply so do not worry about that. Now, touching on a bit of refugee role-play. New players ask why are we called “Refugees” instead of citizens. Well simply because you not in the fucking city anymore, you have escaped it and you are now on the run. You are starving, mal-nourished, sleep depredated, exhausted and simply scared shit less. Seeking any food and or shelter you can find on your travels preferably as far and as excluded away from the city it is. You need to be witty and think things through to survive, this requires immense role-play, because I can assure you if you let your guard down one second OTA will have you ass on a platter.

The main goal of refugee role-play is to survive... Yes developing your character along the way, meeting new people, seeing fancy places etc, is still to happen but your life expectancy is limited by a long shot. Hence why most refugees move in packs, surviving off each other, helping each other out in times of need. Simply trying being a dick and defending yourself is not going to work. You will be one dead mother fucker if you attempt it and I’m not going to bother explaining the facts behind it. What I want to see from the server is fear RP taken to the next level, current levels in the city are fucking appalling, citizens running up to hunters and attempting to hump it is not on.

I want to see you literally shit yourself if and when you see a synthetic, as you better be running like Usain Bolt after a watermelon chicken. I want to see a lot of it, and especially when you have seen OTA as these ****s do not muck about. However I do not want to see failRP, if you do not know what it is... /facepalm I’ll tell you...  It’s simply unrealistic reactions and or actions in which a player performs ICly to generally troll and or grief the server, and most of the time it’s performed by 6 year old prebs who think “dey meke funnys” from causing grief to players role-play. I’m simply going to lose my shit if I see ANY of this sort of behaviour on outlands, and I expect my counterparts to do the same as I simply will not tolerate it anymore.

Ok back on topic... I will now explain to you the definition between a “Rebel” and a “Resistance” member. A rebel is simply a person who has chosen to not obey the benefactors way of living and has committed acts and or directly or indirectly impacting the CCA’s intended socio-stability of the sector. A resistance member on the other hand, is a part of a large branch of refugees who have formed up under one name and are fighting back against the UU in organised attempts to regain ownership of earth. Obviously both definitions of both types of citizen are branched out a lot further, I simply just added an idiot proof understanding to it. (So if you don’t get the meaning you might as well shoot yourself now and save people the trouble.)

Continuing on with a few things I do not want to see from the resistance...
1.   You fucks better not shit spawn your vests, and or walk around like a pimp showing them off to refugees just so you e-penis grows and you assfuck role-play so it’s completely thrown off canon and you do not win the fucking game.

2.   DO NOT SHITSPAWN SUPPLYS AND OR WEAPONS. ( I don’t think I need to explain that any further.)

3.   If I hear of ANY form of recruiting members by walking up to them ICly or OOCly asking them to join... Oh... I simply cannot explain in words what will happen. ( For the new fags, joining is displayed by actions and experiences you have shown to those who reside within it. You simply do not fucking ask to join and or someone asks you to join.)

4.   Do not fucking give away information ICly or OOCly about anything regarding the resistance, unless a member. I mean come on, you have to be suffering down syndrome to not get this...

5.   People who have HC, or OTA units in resistance. Simply a no no, breaches so many grounds of meta-gaming known to man. Even if you are have been authed by RW himself, take a good look at the situation at hand and determine it, because that would fucking annihilate all chances of a successful outlands server.

6.   Obviously admins placing themselves within the resistance, and there should only be a couple at MOST in it.

7.   One MASSIVE fucking issue with resistance, is that all you cunts think you are sometime of demi-god and believe you cannot die or PKed. Simple fact is that anyone can be PKed regardless of circumstance, I do not give a fuck if you are jesus, I will PK your ass if the given circumstance arise.

8.   And numba eight, pulling off the most retarded fucking escape plans... At an old community I used to play they used to escape through them pipe wall textures in toilets etc after being overwhelmed by OTA etc. That’s another no no, and should not happen.
Think I’ve covered pretty much most of it there, if not add more shit. Umm... Oh yea, how resistance should act, well the same as refugees. But you fucks, are worse off, simply because you are targeted, refugees are only just killed when stumbled upon.

As for now, I’m tired as bawls, also forgive me if you find any of this offensive in anyway, all I can suggest is a nice bucket of cement to harden the fuck up.

This is a un-official mini... Type guide to outlands, I will add a highly more professional one when I’m not dying of sleep deprivation.

Catcha cunts.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 01:36:55 PM by SkeptiK »
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Un-official mini type guide to outlands arepeh.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 01:59:15 PM »
I totally agree with this.
what

Offline chunkeymonkey79

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Un-official mini type guide to outlands arepeh.
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 02:15:03 PM »
RP'ing resistance is fun, it's just that no one does it really correctly in the City, so I just don't do it. I expect the same as Skeptik, some really, really good Resistance RP.

Example:

Derek has just found a way out of the city.
Derek falls off a high ledge in a sewer, spraining his ankle.
With his one good leg and 2 arms, he fights the current, swimming up the canal.
Derek's eyes meet sunlight, nearly blinding him after the near darkness in the Canal, save for a few maintenance lights.
Derek climbs out of the canal, his arms shaking, he is extremely tired and hungry, not to mention his sprained ankle.
Derek falls asleep, not knowing what lies ahead.
Derek wakes up, basically starving to death. He walks back into the canal, finding a dead bird.
Derek notices it is a fresh kill, and does the best he can: Eating it raw.
Derek walks on, his sprained ankle throbbing but manageable.
He finds an open sewer grate, crawling in.
He finds an old radio, but it has no frequency and is slightly waterlogged.
Derek notices some water is dripping from a pipe steadily, he walks over and opens his mouth to life, gulping down water.
A creak.
He jumps, not knowing what it is, spilling some water down his shirt.
A voice rings out: "Psst, hey you!"
Derek croaks out: "Me?"
"Yes you, over here, you look hurt."
Derek walks in the direction of the voice, bumping into a wall along the way.
"Ouch!"
"Here, some light."
A flare lights up, illuminating another refugee with a tired and unshaven face.
"Another refugee, huh?"
"I guess so...I've been wandering for a while."
"I can see that. Here, follow me."
Derek follows the man uncertainly.
They emerge into a break in water, entering a maintenance area.
"Tara, I have another one."
"Good thing you found him, he looks like a wreck."
The woman has some blood on her hands, from an unknown source.
"Any injuries?"
"Well, I've got a sprained ankle, slipped on the grating on my way here."
"Let me take a look."
Tara bends down, making Derek sit.
"I'm Tara by the way, but I think you can hear fine."
"Names Derek"
Tara nods.
"Looks like there's some bleeding, were running low on bandages though.."
Tara grabs a dirty and wet looking bandage.
"Here, help yourself."
Derek applies the bandage.
"Not much, but I've learned not to expect much now."
"We nicked a Combine patrol earlier, got some biogel, let me apply that as well."
Derek sighs as Tara applies the biogel from a canister.
"Better?"
"Better"
"Good, because we don't have much of it, this is a rarity for us."
"Us? What do you mean, us? I've only seen 2 of you."
"There's more of us, were just scraping by."
"At least I know I'm not alone."
"Always good to see another face, and not a masked one."
"Now get some sleep, our scavenge team should be back soon."
Derek lies down, placated.

That is an example of stellar RP. TBH I got a little carried away with that, but still, it's a good example.
<::|| HL2RP Characters ||::>

C18.CCA.APEX-DvL.040
Taking it easy as the DvL of the best division.

Derek Hampson
Wandering around C18, mentally confused.

Kendra Shawkins
Unknown Location, last seen diving into a body of water.

UU.OTA.PHANTOM-1.11590
On a rooftop, cloaked and sniper in hand.

ATTEMPTING TO ACCESS CHARACTER DATA..RESTRICTED..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal