Author Topic: [ACCEPTED]Terrance Fairway's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1068 times)

Offline ?AG-CL? Sheo

• View Profile
    • Awards
[ACCEPTED]Terrance Fairway's Civil Authority Application
« on: April 22, 2012, 05:12:11 AM »
Terrance Fairway's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Sheo

IC Character Name: Terrance Fairway

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
Terrance is a brilliant mind. But his mind, and his body has started to go to waste at the lifestyle a citizen is offered. He's tried keeping himself mentally stimulated away from prying eyes in his apartment, tried to exercise even under the strict rations, but on top of it all, he's developed frankly, an obsession with the mysteries of Union technology.

But after his sudden transfer to C45, he learned of the City's VICE division. Offering him the ability to quench his thirst for knowledge, offer ease for his obsession with Union technology, and all the nutrients and vitamins he needed to stay healthy, and not feeling frail and useless.

On top of it all, Terrance's antisocial personality makes the CCA appealing to him. He finally would have a position that would demand respect in this new society, and to be frank, he didn't have to talk to a single person that he didn't want to. Most citizens would probably be too scared to pester him if he got the job, so what did he have to lose?

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Highly intelligent
Antisocial
A smartass
A bit arrogant
Cynical

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
To start with my character, I believe the CCA would provide a great outlet for him to overcome his fatal flaw, which is how horrid he is with interacting with people. He's not shy, he just has literally not a clue when he's offending someone else, he doesn't really care to make friends with most people, and he's too awkward to fall into any sort of crowd, making it easy for him to make enemies, and without some sort of friends behind him, it would likely be his downfall.

For me, I've always enjoyed law enforcement RP, and military RP. The CCA strikes a great balance between them, and I also have a great love for engineering / technical RP. A favorite character of mine was a guy on an FNV roleplay server that had his own little garage, and his job that he decided he'd do, was to create. Engineer useful trinkets and things for anyone who happened to stumble upon the shop. He had a great length of knowledge about hazardous materials and creating IED's as well, so he was a popular stop for some of the freelance mercs to come by and pick something useful (Or, self-harmful, depending on how unstable of an explosive they bought and how ignorant they were of the safety precautions needed to fuck around with potassium chlorate.)

My final goal with Terrance is to have him become a respected officer of VICE. I consider myself an ambitious individual, and the CCA gives me an outlet to focus my creative energy into earning something, which is a flaw of mine that I've learned that I need to fill. Without a goal set, I become frustrated and bored, feeling I have nothing to work towards. Meaning, I never want to be in a position I don't have a clear path set to get to. Like the SeC. That would drive me fucking nuts.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Born in 1990 to Patrick Fairway and Jasmine Fairway, Terrance grew up rather ordinary, but had a brilliant mind, but as he grew older it quickly became obvious that he prefered his own company to being with others. He drew plenty of honors in schools, but didn't seem to dwell on them much, more interested in what his next project would be than what people estimated his abilities at. He discovered he had an aptitude for working with things of a mechanical nature, learning how to solder, create circuitry, weld, and many other skills that allowed his mind to wander, and work on projects that pushed his understanding of engineering and taught him new things, his own projects taking priority over his schooling, and any social life the teen had. His grades slipped, but his mind was ever working.

In his years at college, things were different. Terrance could no longer 'slide' by school without focusing, there was nothing to prevent him from failing, and so he gave more time and more focus to schooling, something that frustrated him to new lengths, having to deal with noisy dorm mates that furthered his displeasure for being around others, having to work in study groups where he was instantly looked to to explain complicated concepts to people he had little interest in saying 'Hi' to, let alone explaining calculus. He /hated/ calculus. With a burning fiery passion.

All of his problems in academics, finding jobs, warding off potential friends, and other 'tiring' routines were suddenly made insignificant when combine drop ships began ripping through the skies in massive portal storms. Before he could blink twice, he was rounded in a heartbeat, and loaded into a city.

The ride in was depressing. Terrance saw no one he knew, and no friendly faces. Only expressions just like his, afraid, lonely, and hopeless. Terrance's depression furthered as he gradually understood that humanity had lost. He would never see his family again. Nor any of his professors, or his annoying dorm mates. Begrudgingly, he missed them all. But it was too late for that. Stomaching his regret, and his new sense of self-loathing helped him blend in with the people around him. He was no longer seen as 'the genius, Terrance Fairway'. He was seen as another number on the production line. Another tool to be used, and thrown away accordingly.

He hardly noticed. In his selfish mind, he was too absorbed in his own self-pity and depression to give much thought to the suffering and oppression that was around him. He worked quietly. He sat at home, hungry. He lined up for rations. He was another sheep in the herd. A 'good citizen'. It wasn't until Terrance found a broken combine scanner on the way home from his factory job, that the long dormant thirst for knowledge  reared it's head once again. The glowing circuitry on the underside of the synth still hummed with energy. He suddenly had the desire to know this thing. Know how it was built, what it did, why it was /here/ of all places, sitting in the gutter like a piece of trash. He took it home with him. It was a rainy, overcast day, no one saw him. And there under the bright light of his desk lamp that night, Terrance worked.

When he was at work, he did nothing but think of what secrets the scanner might hold, what far superior technology the alien creation had in store for him. But abruptly, he was being transferred. Why? Why now of all times? To City 45? Where was that? Somewhere in the Ukraine?
Terrance's new 'project' had been dashed from him. There was no way he could sneak the scanner, disassembled or not onto the train.
When he arrived in his new destination, Terrance immediately decided he no longer wanted to hide his love of Union technology behind a closed door, and work on juggling some meaningless job that didn't stimulate him, only made him tired when he finally got home to his projects.
The 'CCA' as it was called here, was a occupation where Terrance didn't have to socialize with anyone he didn't want to. He didn't have to wait for shitty rations that left him without the vitamins and minerals his body needed to be as sharp mentally as possible. He didn't have to drink the foul water that was loaded with chemicals that clouded his brilliant mind.

The CCA had a place for people like him. A division where they would respect his intelligence, and give him the knowledge about union tech that he craved.

((I had actually written this a few days prior to today, just because I already knew where I wanted this character to go.))

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
Nope

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
3-4 years, but 4-5 years if you could literate forum roleplay.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
3-4 years

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
Around 2 weeks now.

4. What Time zone are you in?
Central Standard Time (GMT -6)

5. In what country do you live?
United States of America

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
My most 'memorable' RP experience tends to shift drastically. I like to reminisce on the ones that have happened most recently that make me smile and make me want to tell others about.

That current one happens to have happened about 30 minutes ago. A new vending machine was put in recently, because the normal one was empty. Terrance saw it as a great opportunity to fuck with anyone who came by. He began suspiciously inspecting both vending machines and doing things such as putting his ear to the plastic cover and knocking on it.

Someone, inevitably started watching him and he looks between them and goes:
"..."
"The fuck?"
The person behind him doesn't question, but keeps watching, so he keeps pressing the act and says "One vending machine here last night... Two here now... And I'm the only one who notices?" "...Conspiracy."

And he continues this routine, even a CCA officer coming by and eventually getting wrapped up in a discussion about why or why not High Command would put in a vending machine to poison the whole city block and kill us all, until the Officer ends his joke by inserting a token and pressing the button to display that it's empty.

Still, it was hilarious while it lasted, even though the onlooker caught onto his sarcasm around the time the officer came about.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yep

IC Section

Full Name: Terrance Fairway
CID: 31837
Height: 6'1
Hair Colour Chocolate
Eye Colour: Pale blue
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 135 lbs
Mental Distinctions: Intelligent, rational
Mental Defects: Pessimistic, antisocial
Mental Advantages: Again, highly intelligent, logical.
Notable Qualities: Likely to think before taking any sort of action even on something as simple as waving to someone.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yeah. There aren't enough, even though they taste bad.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Hard question. I like living, but without becoming a CCA Officer I'll probably waste away and become as flatwitted as the rest of the citizens around here. So yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Of course. My actions, both good and bad are mine, no one elses.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I literally can't spend another day being underfed, and not allowed to think. Citizens these days are meant to do hard labour. I'm not a hard labour person. I'm a thinking person. These days, all the people who think are in one place: The CCA. Why should I be the black sheep and let my mind become useless?

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Terrance Fairway hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 05:15:34 AM by Purple »

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Terrance Fairway's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 05:15:17 AM »
UNIT: 738
DIVISION: VICE
CLEARANCE: Divisional Leader
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: <Applicant Name>
Citizen Identification Number: 31837

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| Recruit 999 ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting <VICE-DvL.738>
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal