Author Topic: [ACCEPTED]Hailey McLinn.'s Civil Authority Application  (Read 1403 times)

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[ACCEPTED]Hailey McLinn.'s Civil Authority Application
« on: April 13, 2012, 06:16:26 PM »
Hailey McLinn.'s Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Sheriff Sandy Cheeks

IC Character Name: Hailey McLinn.

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
Before Hailey recieved her memory wipe, she despised the Universal Union. After the memory wipe, she was practically brainwashed by the CCA and had fake memories as well as an idolization and admiration for the UU and the CCA. Before the wipe, she would look upon CCA units with disdain and thought of her former friends and family who were killed resisting the Combine. Now, she looks upon them as a way to fufill her supposed life long dream of becoming a part of her beloved Union.

Watching the CCA do their job is what she loves to do. Watching them patrol around the city and dealing with rule breakers. It gives her a sense of pride and something to look forward too. During her days, she spends her time sitting in the plaza, watching units patrol about or looking upon the Nexus building. Due to the love of the UU implanted in her mind, she can think of nothing than doing this. She can think of nothing else than to give her life for the Union.

Her past is filled with fake memories of Resistance members destroying her life, and the CCA being the image of the perfect protector. The CCA was always there when she needed them most, and it offered a sense of protection and a way to prevent people from breaking the laws of the UU, which Hailey seeks to uphold with all her newly created thoughts. She has been loyal to the CCA ever since her memory was edited to fit the CCA's wishes. She also follows her civil duties, as well as reporting anti-civil activity whenever she can.  She is careful to avoid going in to dangerous parts of the City and avoids most contact with those she suspects of working against the UU.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Hailey is inteligent, but perky. She's always had a happy outlook on life, even before the memory wipe occured. Due to the implanted love of the UU in her mind, she wants to uphold the law, and wishes to keep the society around her in check at all times. The thought of disobeying and betraying the Union would never pop into her mind.

Due to the nature of her mind, old memories, and the memory wipe, Hailey does experience some mental problems. Flashbacks of unknown memories come unannounced into her mind, creating both physical pain and confusion. In her dreams, she has similar scenarios where she dreams about old memories that she has no apparent memory of at all.

Turning to the physical side of Hailey, she has a knack for working under tough situations, at least before the memory wipe, that is. She lived her early life tending to injured people in the portal storms, and often worked under chaotic conditions. She also was a decent runner, having a above average amount of stamina.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
I'm expecting to have quite an interesting experience in the CCA. Seeing as my character had a memory wipe for carrying a large amount of level 2 contraband, I'm ready for anything when it comes to how other units react around me. I'd also feel that it could turn out to be quite an interesting scenario if I were to somehow find out about the memory wipe while apart of the CCA. But on a even larger scale, my character would be able to develop into a loyal CCA unit, while having the potential to have a strong conflict once she discovers her past.

Being around on the streets would be a great way to create some interesting roleplay experiences. Seeing and possibly arresting my old friends among the Resistance could trigger strange memories in Hailey's mind. It could also result in them trying to convince her of her past, which could have interesting results as well. However Hailey figures out about her past (If she even does), it would lead to a large conflict within herself and with others around her.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Hailey Delance was born on May 20th, 1990 in Venice, Italy. Shortly after she was born, she moved to the United States along with her parents, her brother, and her uncle. They arrived in Washington DC in the summer of 1992. Her parents both took and jobs working as emergency responders while her uncle took on the job of an emergency room trauma doctor. Hailey’s life was fairly normal; she attended school, had friends, fell in ‘love’ and got a new boyfriend every now and then. When the portal storms began, Hailey was merely 20 years old and two years into medical school. Almost immediately, her parents jumped into action, and along with Hailey’s uncle, began to assist those injured in the chaos. Two years later, on October 26th, 2013, both of Hailey’s parents were killed when a clinic collapsed due to a fire that broke out in a riot. This left a significant scar on Hailey, and she did little else but keep to herself until she was married to Mark McLinn on an unknown date.  Not much else happened until that fateful day when the Combine invaded…

Hailey and Mark were lucky enough to be away from most of the fighting. Mark managed to hide both Hailey and himself away for nearly 5 ½ hours before an explosion forced them to come to the surface. The two had barely met up with her uncle before he was killed by a human soldier’s misfire. After Breen surrendered the planet, much of the population around DC had been killed. Mark and Hailey were taken to City 22, where a short time, Mark was killed leading a rebellion. Hailey was kept in confinement for 274 days as she was determined unstable. She was released after she was determined mentally stable, and relocated to City 45. There, she met a group of people who shared a hatred for the Combine and all they brought about.  After a short three days, Hailey was caught using a radio in the plaza by a scanner, which led to a whole series of event which led to Hailey’s memory wipe. She was implanted fake memories and a love for the UU which she is unable to deny.

Hailey now spends her days rather sitting in the plaza and observing the glory of the Union or sitting in her apartment, reading a UU authorize book. She obeys the law, reporting anti-citizens when she has the chance, but doesn’t pester officers. She does strike up conversations with them sometimes, but only if they make a comment to her. She is suspicious of something with the CCA, as they have scanners monitoring her every now and then, but she dismisses it. All she thinks about it serving the Union and making City 45 a better place.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
I have, and I was killed for recieving my third Blackmark.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
A little over four years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
About 2 years.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
Since the summer of 11'.

4. What Time zone are you in?
PST (Pacific Standard Time)

5. In what country do you live?
United States.

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
My most memorable roleplay experience would have to be when I stabbed two CCA officers back in City 18, and then managed to escape the city. I stabbed one officer, retreated into District Two, hid it out for awhile, and then proceeded to come out and stab the officer guarding my escape route, recieving a shot the the shoulder in the process. It was pretty interesting, seeing as the whole city was alerted of my presence. I'm suprised they didn't sweep District Two, though. Kind of glad they didn't. Once I got to the Outlands, I had gotten healed up by some medic in a fairly normal MedRP, then went on my way RPing in the Outlands.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Hailey McLinn.
CID: 33659
Height: 5'9
Hair Colour Blonde.
Eye Colour: Blue.
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Weight: 119 lbs
Mental Distinctions: //Essentially brainwashed to have a loyality towards the Union, wishing to serve it and uphold the law.//
Mental Defects: I have headaches and migraines every now and then, I can't really explain them. //Hailey experiences flashbacks as well as dreams of repressed memories unknown to her, creating migraines and headaches, sometimes anger over her confusion.//
Mental Advantages: I do have a above average inteligence. //An almost unbreakable loyalty towards the Union.//
Notable Qualities: I am a failry fast runner, although I haven't been able to keep up my training on it. I also again am failry inteligent, at least by my standards.//Hailey has a natural ability with medical situations as well as a above average running speed/stamina.//

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No, I have always been loyal to the Union and always shall be.

//I was detained and had a memory wipe for a large amount of level 2 contraband, as well as using a radio outside the Nexus building. Contraband included: 1 beer, 1 vodka, 4 handheld radios, 2 medkits. Hailey has no knowledge of this due to the memory wipe, and no one has approached her about it.//

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
I do.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
For my whole life and under whatever circumstances.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I've always admired the Union and the CCA. I've always had a fulfilling feeling when I think about seeing myself in one of those uniforms. I'd like to help keep society safe and maintain a place where the Union's glory can continue to grow and spread order. I know some of the people around me feel differently, and I'd like to help convince them the Union is here for good.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Hailey McLinn. hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 10:14:19 PM by Purple »

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Hailey McLinn.'s Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 06:26:41 PM »
4/18/12

Made a few corrections here and there as well as extended portions of some paragraphs. Also edited a few grammatical and spelling errors.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Hailey McLinn.'s Civil Authority Application
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 07:54:44 PM »
UNIT: 604
DIVISION: VICE
CLEARANCE: OfC
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: <Hailey McLinn>
Citizen Identification Number: 33659

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| INTERVIEW PENDING ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting <CCA.C45.VICE-OfC.604>
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
C45.CCA.GRID-DvL.604 - Healthy - Executing citizens. Tally: 4
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

--------------------------
Cutlass, Sail and Cannon:
Ernest Cumberbatch, Port Royal, Governor. Governing.
John Gatsby, of the brigantine Brimstone. Amputating Limbs

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [PENDING]Hailey McLinn.'s Civil Authority Application
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 06:21:29 PM »
UNIT: 604
DIVISION: VICE
CLEARANCE: OfC
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: <Hailey McLinn>
Citizen Identification Number: 33659

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| Recruit 091 ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting <CCA.C45.VICE-OfC.604>
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
C45.CCA.GRID-DvL.604 - Healthy - Executing citizens. Tally: 4
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

--------------------------
Cutlass, Sail and Cannon:
Ernest Cumberbatch, Port Royal, Governor. Governing.
John Gatsby, of the brigantine Brimstone. Amputating Limbs

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal