Author Topic: [ACCEPTED]Mark Facri's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1234 times)

Offline Jimmy Rustling Day

• View Profile
    • Awards
[ACCEPTED]Mark Facri's Civil Authority Application
« on: April 16, 2012, 12:34:58 PM »
Mark Facri's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Neutrino(Faster Than Light)

IC Character Name: Mark Facri

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
Mark is like everyone else, scared, always in fear. His fear, however, leads him to follow authority rather than oppose it. This fear was originally the reason for helping the Union; however, he was assaulted by a man for his political stance. This was a real turning point for Mark, causing him to not help simply out of fear, but in order to correct.
 Mark was captured by the Union’s propaganda, and began to do his work out of loyalty and benefits. So, Mark helped out around City 45 as much as he could. He began to meet friends such as Dustin LaRosa, whom urged him into Civil Protection. He worked up his image as much as he could, trying to make a good impression on the units.
At times, he questioned whether what he was doing was right or wrong. These feelings were stomped out, once again, by his friends. They urged that what he was doing was right, and Mark was suckered in. Eventually, Mark applied for CCA, but was rejected. Still hopeful and still helping, motivated by benefits, he applied again.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Ready, Willing to follow authority, Honest, Brave

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
Out of character, I expect being accepted into the CCA would be very demanding roleplay, which would require me to pay attention and listen.
It would most definitely be hard, almost deliberately, and require effort. If I fuck up, it would require some serious correction, which in some but few ways would be 'fun'.
In character, Mark would be treated to some serious work and benefits, including CCA grade rations and supplements, a place of authority, and a nice, lemon scented suit. He would be able to repair technology, do medical work, or patrol, depending on division. It would be considerably a step up from civilian life-style, and a bit disorienting at first. However, once he gets used to it, he would attempt to be the best he can as a member of the Civil Authority.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
{BEFORE THE WAR}
[Childhood]

At the age of 4, Mark lost his parents to a car wreck. He was then transferred to an orphanage in northern New York, where he developed many friends. Despite his friends, the fact that his parents were dead always saddened him, and made him develop a certain sensitiveness to death, gore, and blood. At the age of 6, he developed a fascination with working with mechanics. It was not surprising to walk into his room to find many disassembled toys and mechanical parts. He attempted to assemble these items into different machinery, but failed horribly. At age 9, he was buying many robotics kits, assembling them in different ways. At age 11, he decided what his college major would be, despite being in 6th grade. He made high math grades, which were required for engineering, and many other technology related subjects, such as circuitry, programming, and more.
   At 16, he received massive head trauma from a car accident, in which he went front first into a brick wall, giving him amnesia, which was diagnosed as near permanent. He required large amounts of rehabilitation, and had to re-learn much of the knowledge he had accumulated over the years. It was surprising to realize he had no parents, as no one had adopted him. Finally, at age 17, 1 year into rehab, Mark was adopted to Kyle and Juliet Facri, although, this would not last long, as 4 years later, Mark left to go to college.

[Adulthood]
   Mark, as stated above, was a very educated man. He made very high grades in math, which is always good in the engineering department. He applied for many technology institutes, such as MIT, CIT, et cetera. He was rejected by most, despite his skill, but was eventually accepted into TTU, Texas Tech University. He spent 8 years at TTU, where he earned a Masters in Engineering. When Mark left the university, he found MED-E Tech was hiring, and applied for a job. He attempted to create more efficient designs for the military and civilian use medical emergency kits (MED-E-Kit), to which he succeeded by creating the Mk. 4 design, which accommodated more medical devices, such as a defibrillator, stitching materials, and others. This kit was intended for hospital use, and another design which Mark had developed was used in other situations, such as minor emergencies. Mark was appraised for his excellence in engineering, also having made many more medical devices. However, this wouldn’t matter once the Combine invaded.

{DURING THE WAR}
[Adulthood]
   Mark was forced into hiding. He sat and wept inside a military grade bunker to which many citizens had been evacuated to. As the war raged on and Striders tore through the streets, he began to realize that humanity would lose this power struggle.
7 hours later, the war was over, and the enslavement of humanity began.

{AFTER THE WAR}
[Adulthood]
   Mark was placed into City 9, the ruins of Seattle, Washington. The Space-Needle was removed in favor of a towering Citadel, taller than any building ever seen. He decided to be loyal to the Union, out of fear of death, or worse, further enslavement by being turned into a Stalker. He developed loyalist status, making sure to report every crime he came across. In March of 2016, he was transferred to City 45, where his status was wiped, the points system being dropped. Mark, despite no longer technically being a loyalist, still did his best to find and report crime. On March 19th, he applied for Civil Authority, to which he was denied for asking a unit to look over his application. He waited, still doing his part to help the Union by reporting crime and doing extra work around the city. On April 16th, he re-applied for CCA, knowing he could do more to help.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
1 and a half years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
1 year.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
A month.

4. What Time zone are you in?
GMT -06:00 (Central Standard Time, USA)

5. In what country do you live?
USA

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
Me and my friend, Saimon-avatar, were RPing making a knife. A guy showed up, to which I told him off. He radio'd in "Kill the fuckers." and five minutes later, a fight ensued. With my new knife, I slashed the woman's back, which caused her to require stitching.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Mark Facri
CID: 55037
Height: 6 feet, 4 inches.
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 157 pounds.
Mental Distinctions: Observant.
Mental Defects: Sensitive to gore/death.
Mental Advantages: Calm in a crisis.
Notable Qualities: Willing to follow an order.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes, always.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I, as a citizen, would like a better place in this community, as a Civil Protection officer, in order to assist those in authority against rebellion. I am willing to, and want to, cleanse these corrupted minds which have fallen off path of the Union.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Mark Facri hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 04:14:44 PM by Purple Suck my dick sleep »
HL2RP Characters:
CITY
Alex 'Jack' Pond: STATUS: Deceased.
C45.CCA.NOVA-03.212 (Mark Facri) : Training in his new division. STATUS: Active.
OUTLANDS
Harold Slokum: Coping with the death of a friend. STATUS: Alive.

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Mark Facri's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 04:12:53 AM »
UNIT: 604
DIVISION: VICE
CLEARANCE: OfC
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: <Mark Facri>
Citizen Identification Number: 55037

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| INTERVIEW PENDING ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting <CCA.C45.VICE-OfC.604>
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST

OOC: Although there was a slight shortcoming in question A3, factors such as what I've seen of your RP compensate.
C45.CCA.GRID-DvL.604 - Healthy - Executing citizens. Tally: 4
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

--------------------------
Cutlass, Sail and Cannon:
Ernest Cumberbatch, Port Royal, Governor. Governing.
John Gatsby, of the brigantine Brimstone. Amputating Limbs

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Mark Facri's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 04:10:11 PM »
UNIT: 62110
DIVISION: ZEALOT
CLEARANCE: DvL
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: <Mark Facri>
Citizen Identification Number: 55037

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| INTERVIEW PASSED ||::>
<::| Recruit 212 |::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting <CCA.C45.ZEALOT-DvL.62110>
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST

OOC: Just make sure you don't take so long to type next time, although the quality of your RP itself is good.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal