Author Topic: [ACCEPTED]Noah Thompson's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1176 times)

Offline Semiorph

• View Profile
    • Awards
[ACCEPTED]Noah Thompson's Civil Authority Application
« on: April 08, 2012, 10:17:14 PM »
Noah Thompson's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Semiorph

IC Character Name: Noah Thompson

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
Noah had considered the coming of the Combine a miracle. The way he saw it, the Combine had saved Earth from the chaos of the portal storms and brought back order to the world. He had always loved order, having a strong government watching over him and making sure he lived a good life. Still, the world was always in a level of chaos, in his eyes. Crimes were always being committed and chaos was gradually growing at all times.

The Combine offered the order Noah had craved. They united humans under one banner, stopping the senseless violence amongst countries. The Combine brought peace to the world, at least for awhile. He made friends with other loyalists and lived a generally happy life in City 45. However, as time went by he began to notice the looks of disgust directed toward the Combine. These looks soon translated into action against Noah’s benefactors.

The resistance was formed and the number of anti-citizens steadily grew. Noah saw these people as a threat to the order he loved. These nefarious scoundrels’s hoped to overthrow the Universal Union and “rid” humanity of them. Noah looked upon rebels with disgust, frequently saying “Too much heart, not enough brain” or calling them insane. He believed that they must be insane to try to destroy what had saved humanity.  He stayed loyal to the Combine, reporting crimes and such, but he soon realized that he had to take larger measures to deal with the threats to the order given to humanity by the Combine. He decided that he would apply to the CCA to help further maintain order and peace.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Dutiful, Logical, Loyal, Obedient: Noah will follow orders without hesitation because he knows that disobedience helps no one. He will fulfill his duties with effort and make sure he does a good job.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
I have never been in the CCA before so this will be a brand new experience for me. I'm hoping that while in the CCA I can increase my role-playing skill. I have hopes of joining the VICE division as technology, IRL and for my character, is a fancy of mine. I hope to share many memorable RP experiences with others. The CCA will also allow for much further development of my character which will be a lot of fun for me.

As for my character, he hopes to quell the anti-civil behavior in City 45 as well as maintain peace, order, and civilized society. He knows the road as a unit will be tough, but he wants to see to it that order is maintained. He does fear what it will be like as a unit. He loves the Union for what it has done, helping the human race, but he doesn't know what it will be like on the inside. Who will help him when he is confused? How will he compare to the others? He isn't absolutely sure of what to expect, but he is sure of one thing. He is sure that no matter what happens, he will be the best unit he can be. He is sure that he will try his hardest to keep the peace and order that the Union gave and that the petty resistance is taking for granted.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Noah grew up in a small seaside town in California. His family was in the low-middle class, but still lived a comfortable and healthy life.  Noah's father was a computer technician and taught Noah a lot about computers and how they worked. He would always work on his friends computers when they would get a virus or break in some way. The ignorance of his friends would sometimes bother him. He would also work with his dad at his shop occasionally. His family believed in order and following the rules. They also believed a strong government could provide peace and prosperity to its people.

Noah had always followed the rules and he was often bothered by those who didn't. He always thought that they were disrupting the peace by breaking even the simplest of rules. He would report almost anything he saw and was often frowned upon in school. He never acknowledged those looks, because he knew he was doing the right thing and making his parents proud. In high school he applied to become security guard's helper. He would patrol with the security guard during lunch periods and deal with rule breakers.

When he graduated from high school, he went straight to college to get a degree in computer science in hopes to get setup in a career quickly. In college he focused more on his studies rather than reporting rule violations, but he still based his life around order, which he had grown to love even more over the years. He kept to a strict schedule and almost never allowed for disruptions in that schedule. When he graduated college he got a job as an information systems technician in a large corporation. However, not but a few years after, the portal storms occurred sending the world into utter chaos. Noah never quite adjusted to life after the populations of Earth were rallied into cities. There was no government and Noah, coming from a family that believed in a strong government, did not like this at all. He began to give up; he saw no future for himself in a world where people were cramped into cities without order.

The Seven Hour War only increased his belief that civilized life was long gone, but after the war ended and he was brought to City 11 he began to realize that the Combine had saved humanity. The Combine had brought order and the powerful government Noah had craved and it was even better than before the portal storms. Now there was one all powerful government that watched over Noah and kept order and peace. Noah was transferred from City 11 after about 2 weeks of living there, to City 45. It was in City 45 that he noticed that there were some people that looked at the Combine in a different way than he did. A resistance was formed to free humanity from the Combine. Noah saw them as threats to the order and peace he loved and did all he could as a citizen to stop them, but it was not enough. He decided that if he wants to maintain order then he must join the Combine Civil Authority.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
About 5 months

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
About 4 months

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
1 month

4. What Time zone are you in?
-8, Pacific

5. In what country do you live?
USA

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
Recently I made friends with a few other loyalist and we had a few fun conversations before all but two of us had to leave. The other loyalist, Dustin LaRosa and I spent some time cleaning up the city a bit before heading back to the UCH. However, there was an electrical fire started by a computer overheating.  Soon a nearby propane tank (someone spawned it and put it there, I was skeptical, but continued RP anyways) exploded sending shrapnel into Dustin’s arm. Well, I got him out of there and what resulted after that was a bit of light medical RP. Well, not really, mostly I just said “Hang in there.” Or “Keep pressure on it”, until I pulled out the shrapnel with tweezers. It was a great experience for me, but not so much for Noah.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes

IC Section

Full Name: Noah Thompson
CID: 15946
Height: 5'11
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 173
Mental Distinctions: Easily bothered by ignorance.
Mental Defects: Takes time when thinking or making decisions.
Mental Advantages: Intelligent and cognizant.
Notable Qualities: Always fulfills duties obediently. Calm unless provoked. Usually aware of surroundings. Can be shy when you first meet him.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes, in fact I find myself enjoying them quite a lot lately.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes, if my life must be taken in order for peace and order to be maintained then I will gladly give it.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I've always respected order and authority. The Earth was a mess before the Combine should up and united us. We had humans fighting against each other, one race killing each other for resources and other reasons. The Combine saved us from destroying ourselves. They provided order and one banner to keep us in line, they saved us. Now, some people are threatening our newfound order and I will not stand for it. I want to join the CCA to maintain the order and peace the Union has brought to Earth. I want to be a part of what saved mankind so that I, in turn, can do the same.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Noah Thompson hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 04:13:51 PM by Purple Suck my dick sleep »
HL2RP Characters
CCA.C45.APEX-02.929: Maintaing sociostabilty

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Noah Thompson's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 05:49:29 PM »
UNIT: 604
DIVISION: VICE
CLEARANCE: OfC
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: <Noah Thompson>
Citizen Identification Number: 15946

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| INTERVIEW PENDING ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting <CCA.C45.VICE-OfC.604>
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
C45.CCA.GRID-DvL.604 - Healthy - Executing citizens. Tally: 4
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

--------------------------
Cutlass, Sail and Cannon:
Ernest Cumberbatch, Port Royal, Governor. Governing.
John Gatsby, of the brigantine Brimstone. Amputating Limbs

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal