Author Topic: Necro-posting  (Read 4203 times)

Offline {DG} SW33TJ3ZUZ

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Necro-posting
« on: July 10, 2013, 04:39:13 AM »
I think a change should be made about Necro posting. I got this message from the second post that wasn't locked in the V.I.P area: Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 15 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.
I did want to reply, I was making a suggestion that was not going to be taken into action, so why waste my and others time reading a suggestion to the already sh*tty cockpit and no third person of the H500. Later, I got this:
[CBC]SW33TJ3ZUZ,

You have received a warning for bumping/posting in a thread that is more than 15 days old (AKA Necro posting). Please cease these activities and abide by the forum rules otherwise we will take further action.

Regards,
The Catalyst Gaming Team.
Now above I read : Do not post in threads not posted in for one month plus. This is considered necro-posting.
Well, which one is it? 15 days or a month? That was the only thing posted in V.I.P that wasn't locked or older than a month besides talking about a server that I have never played on. I'm not mad about the warning, I'm just considering revision on what is Necro and what is posting.
Blame the turbo

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Necro-posting
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 08:55:03 AM »
go by the notice on the posts, i dont think the warning templates have been updated in over a year afaik

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 11:32:54 AM »
If there hasn't been made a post for 15 days, the thread is considered dead and should not be 'revived' by a new post.
This would've been prevented if the autolock system worked, but it doesn't hence these rules were put in place.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 04:58:26 PM »
If there hasn't been made a post for 15 days, the thread is considered dead and should not be 'revived' by a new post.
This would've been prevented if the autolock system worked, but it doesn't hence these rules were put in place.
I want to say this... how would you know if it where dead?  If it has not been posted in it does not mean it is dead, it just has not been looked into for a while.  I honestly think this rule should be re-done...
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 05:13:56 PM »
The necroposting rule was put in place so that people have to actually work for their posts instead of finding some old, crusty topic and posting in it.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 06:18:53 PM »
the exception to the necroposting rule is if you have a good reason for it and you actually put what your reasons are for doing it within the post like ive done a couple of times before

example of this is when i made a post your desktop winter edition, 1 month past after it had got its last reply but it was still winter so i gave my reasons for necropost to revive topic and it was allowed

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal