Author Topic: Rule suggestion, for Admin sake  (Read 9049 times)

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Rule suggestion, for Admin sake
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2013, 12:47:39 PM »
Admins are to be treated just like normal players. Just like if a normal player is flaming another normal player they get kicked, if a normal player flames an admin they get kicked.

But isn't there a rule which says if you kick/ban someone with the reason "flaming an admin" you will get demoted due to eliteisme? Because you wrote "admin" in the ban reason.
Thats elitism yes.

If somebodies flaming you and you're an admin and it gets to the point where its kick/ban time, you put the reason but you don't write any elitist shit within it.

Normally I brush off most of any abuse/flaming directed towards me because I honestly couldn't give a fuck because I don't know them. If it gets to the point where its constant they get a warning, kick and ban as any rule breaker does.

Though we have to be careful banning people for flaming us as 99% of the time they turn round with an admin complaint for doing it(they never get anywhere but its still annoying)

I see how a kick/ban can be considered elitism, that is why I want this rule. You shouldn't have to take shit from people. Like I administrate for a zombie panic server, Sammy's zps. On there all the time people yell at me but I just ignore them. And Rudolph, you have seen me in admin sits before. When someone calls me an adminge and a retard I just go," Yea I am a retard. yea I am stupid oh god I cannot help my mental retardation." Just so they eventually shut up...which they do. But if I really want we have elitism there and I can kick but I never do because it would just make me an ass. However I just ignore them but on CG you cannot ignore. And that is a splendid thing to have.

By the way I don't see why any of you are against it. It would only make your job better and not make you feel bad for those if you who do, like Wanderer did.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 12:49:28 PM by [S-ZPS] Sherman [EC] »

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2013, 12:53:18 PM »
By the way I don't see why any of you are against it. It would only make your job better and not make you feel bad for those if you who do, like Wanderer did.
One of the things of being an admin here at least is the ability just to ignore idiots and even your freinds when doing admin stuff and all that, or at least able to man up/not give a shit which most admins do, each of us deal with it differently but its not particularly a needed rule, its in force in a way anyway just not written as a rule on its own. If people act like idiots in requests and stuff I normally leave them for a bit anyway
what

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2013, 02:06:25 PM »
If people act like idiots in requests and stuff I normally leave them for a bit anyway

You do realize that Kronic is looking out for admins not responding to calls.

By the way people who walk away are more of a "man" than those who feel the need to stay and resist.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 02:09:04 PM by [S-ZPS] Sherman [EC] »

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2013, 12:50:45 PM »
Bump post, as I still want this suggestion looked at.

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2013, 10:39:03 PM »
EDIT:

Well now....Just been on the server for a while. I asked for an administrator, one about every five minutes like it says to do, because I was arrested without having my rights read. And, as we all know, if it isn't then the person being arrested has the right to walk. I was arrested for 300 seconds. So once I was arrested I sent my first request, nice and polite, getting to the point. Another five minutes goes by, ok, maybe they didn't see or they were in another situation. Another five minutes, I ask again. Whatever their situation was they should have been done and I should be getting a reply now. Another five, possible they are AFK oh ohh wait. Quarantine is building his mayor's office. Another five minutes still no response, I meet Vizion in the suburbs just chatting with friends in game and on Skype. Finally after another request I get a reply from Quarantine.

I may have added an extra five in there but the main point stands. It took thirty minutes to get a response.

For future reference, I was AFK from 9:00 to 9:18ish, then drove from the city to the subs to find two friends of mine in an admin situation with SlyDawg. I listened to the conversation, waited until it finished, then drove off. And for the next 15 minutes, I had my mic/sound off as I was talking with my mom off to the side. Don't blame any of that on me.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 10:41:06 PM by vizioN »

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2013, 10:46:37 PM »
You should know that I treat administrators with respect at first. But when it takes a half hour to get a response from one of three administrators it is ridiculous. Now if they don't want to administrate, why are they administrators? You, and others, have already demoted some to gold member/OCRP admin and other things. Doing so you say it is removing those who do not reply. Well....here I give you two.

As for respect I have lost it for Quarantine and Vizion. Just an hour earlier I liked them, even when Vizion "kidnapped me" I was fine with him. And I thought Quarantine was good at his job, I congratulated him when he was promoted to SA not too long ago. But now, it is all gone, maybe not them as people but as administrators they mean nothing to me.

Go ahead and make an admin complaint if you feel we're "bad admins" and should be demoted. You're pointing fingers at the wrong people for the wrong reason, though, so take that into consideration before making one.

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2013, 10:58:40 PM »
EDIT:

Well now....Just been on the server for a while. I asked for an administrator, one about every five minutes like it says to do, because I was arrested without having my rights read. And, as we all know, if it isn't then the person being arrested has the right to walk. I was arrested for 300 seconds. So once I was arrested I sent my first request, nice and polite, getting to the point. Another five minutes goes by, ok, maybe they didn't see or they were in another situation. Another five minutes, I ask again. Whatever their situation was they should have been done and I should be getting a reply now. Another five, possible they are AFK oh ohh wait. Quarantine is building his mayor's office. Another five minutes still no response, I meet Vizion in the suburbs just chatting with friends in game and on Skype. Finally after another request I get a reply from Quarantine.

I may have added an extra five in there but the main point stands. It took thirty minutes to get a response.

For future reference, I was AFK from 9:00 to 9:18ish, then drove from the city to the subs to find two friends of mine in an admin situation with SlyDawg. I listened to the conversation, waited until it finished, then drove off. And for the next 15 minutes, I had my mic/sound off as I was talking with my mom off to the side. Don't blame any of that on me.

Alright then, sounds fair enough reason. Maybe that is why David never got a reply from you. And, in that case I guess I cannot say too much. However given the time period my opinion still stands. Although I will remove you now from that section and leave just Quarantine.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal