Author Topic: Rule suggestion, for Admin sake  (Read 9052 times)

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Rule suggestion, for Admin sake
« on: May 07, 2013, 02:16:54 PM »
For a little while now I have been annoyed and wanted a rule to prevent people from disrespecting administrators and treating them like objects, not people. After hearing another admin tell me why he quit his job as an administrator because of the disrespect he gets I wanted to make this post.

Keep in mind:
- Being an administrator on here is not a paying job or anything, it is people basically volunteering. They are using their time to stop playing the game they love to help out people with situations.
- This rule is not based on favoritism/how much you like/dislike someone.
- This doesn't make them elite, it makes them human giving them a choice, it is a job they are doing for people as favors. Like I said above, they are volunteering to do this. An administrator, Owen I believe, told me that it would make them be "elite" but this rule has no real punishment like a kick/ban. Therefore it doesn't make them above anyone, just human like I said before.
- This would apply for all Catalyst-Gaming servers

Many times you may see people yelling at admins during a situation or on the OOC chat. Now would you like someone to be doing this while you are trying to help them? Of course not. So my rule proposal is not really meant for punishment, no kicks, no bans. The rule would be that if you show an administrator disrespect they may ignore/disregard your call, if they want to BECAUSE there was disrespect show to them. If someone who is accusing someone of breaking a rule starts yelling at them or even the person being accused does the administrator may take whatever action they please. They may ignore either party. The rule, again, has no punishments other than being ignored.

Honestly I am tired of the disrespect I see and after some administrators LEFT because of it, I think it is time for something like this to be done, for Admin sake. THEY ARE DOING US A FAVOR and some people treat them like the scum on the bottom of their shoes.

Kronic: I understand that you are currently "cracking down" on admins not responding to calls. Of course if there is a "/a ADMIN GET THE FUCK OVER HERE" you would understand that they would be breaking this rule. However if there is a reason something wasn't resolved all that would need to be done is ask a question why. So this wouldn't really be much of an issue.

Suggestion to how it could be written:
 An administrator being shown disrespect may disregard/ignore a person/party.
Or maybe:
 Disrespect towards an administrator will result in being ignored/they have the choice to not listen to you/your party.

They deserve better, please support to help ease their jobs.

EDIT: Lone Wanderer was the one who quit because of the disrespect administrators get.

EDIT:
Update 5/13/13
Well now....Just been on the server for a while. I asked for an administrator, one about every five minutes like it says to do, because I was arrested without having my rights read. And, as we all know, if it isn't then the person being arrested has the right to walk. I was arrested for 300 seconds. So once I was arrested I sent my first request, nice and polite, getting to the point. Another five minutes goes by, ok, maybe they didn't see or they were in another situation. Another five minutes, I ask again. Whatever their situation was they should have been done and I should be getting a reply now. Another five, possible they are AFK oh ohh wait. Quarantine is building his mayor's office. Another five minutes still no response, I meet Vizion in the suburbs just chatting with friends in game and on Skype. Finally after another request I get a reply from Quarantine.

I may have added an extra five in there but the main point stands. It took thirty minutes to get a response. There were 3 administrators, Vizion, Quarantine and Drysky(Not sure). None replied. After Drysky(If that's his name) left Fearless came on. But he had no logs so he didn't do anything wrong really.
Quarantine said that there were more serious situations at hand...there were not, or when they were over he decided to disregard all previous /a s' sent in. Vizion claims to have been AFK for 15 minutes, or it may have been slightly true as he wasn't talking on Skype for 5-10. What about the other 15? I sent one every five minutes, so hows it possible he didn't see? And excuses? None. As for Drysky I don't know what he was doing.

Kronic...
You should know that I treat administrators with respect at first. But when it takes a half hour to get a response from one of three administrators it is ridiculous. Now if they don't want to administrate, why are they administrators? You, and others, have already demoted some to gold member/OCRP admin and other things. Doing so you say it is removing those who do not reply. Well....here I give you two.

As for respect I have lost it for Quarantine. Just an hour earlier I liked him, thought Quarantine was good at his job, I congratulated him when he was promoted to SA not too long ago. But now, it is all gone, maybe not him as a person but as an administrator he means nothing to me.

Now of course with this rule I cannot display this disrespect if I want something from them, I understand that then I would not be able to reply on them.

Update: Vizion provided a good reason in a post on the second page as to why he didn't get to reply. Said he was afk about about 18 minutes and then he was talking with his mother in real life. That seems fair, however due to the timeframe I still feel the same way. But maybe that is not a reason to have anything done to him. So Vizion, sorry for bringing you into this. Maybe in time my respect for you as an admin will regrow. Again, sorry.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 11:20:52 PM by [S-ZPS] Sherman [EC] »

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Rule suggestion, for Admin sake
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 03:28:30 PM »
At first I was like "It would make us look bad for banning you cause you dont like us", but then I read the bottom line stating where we dont have to listen to people like that.

I like this idea. If people dont have the decency to be patient and non-aggressive, then those people are on their own. Why should I help someone who's being a dick to me? I dont volunteer to deal with peoples shit attitudes.

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 03:46:00 PM »
At first I was like "It would make us look bad for banning you cause you dont like us", but then I read the bottom line stating where we dont have to listen to people like that.

I like this idea. If people dont have the decency to be patient and non-aggressive, then those people are on their own. Why should I help someone who's being a dick to me? I dont volunteer to deal with peoples shit attitudes.

HRP has a rule that states don't give admins shit, because we are not here to, and wont, take it. more or less a nicely put fuck off if your being disrespectful. May need to add it or something like it to the rules, however its kind of already there.

Spoiler for Hiden:
    Remember: By joining our servers, you agree to follow all these rules to all their extent. Report any suspicious behavior to admins immediately. Use the ban request section.

By Statua, RoflWaffle, Crap-Head, Nicknero1405 & OwenCobs.

General Server Rules

Be kind to other players

• Your opinion of the person does not matter. We don't care if they're your best friend or worst enemy.
    • Do not harass others, pick on others, or threaten others.
    • You can be mean to others in character but keep it in character.
    That rule includes admins, since we are players..[/list]

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
    • Gold Member
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 06:05:21 PM »

:)

Yea, your doing them a favor, you shouldn't have to deal with shit.

Offline Scratchie

• test
    • Gold Member
    • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 06:18:07 PM »
    If you're being a dick us admins have the full right to ignore and/or kick you due to the quoted rule that Kjun posted.

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
    • Gold Member
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 07:02:33 PM »
    If you're being a dick us admins have the full right to ignore and/or kick you due to the quoted rule that Kjun posted.

On HRP. I am talking about all CG servers/just in general.

Offline Scratchie

• test
    • Gold Member
    • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 07:14:22 PM »

On HRP. I am talking about all CG servers/just in general.
    That rule is actually from the OCRP rules, and all servers have a variation of it

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
    • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 07:37:24 PM »
    Admins are players, and each server has a rule stating not to disrespect players. We're not here just to administrate the server.

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
    • Gold Member
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 08:03:44 PM »
    Yea, but Karma I don't see anything ever done about it. No one gets banned/kicked for it. I just talked to Rudolph about thirty seconds ago and he told me he may ignore a /a or something but something like this should be given to ease their/your job as a Catalyst-Gaming Administrator. This is the reason to ignore someone, there may be rules against it but nothing about just being allowed to ignore what some ***hole is saying to you/another admin.

Wakeboard that is my point. You are not machines which administrate, you are people trying to enjoy the servers.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
    • Gold Member
    • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 08:14:22 PM »
    Usually nothing is done because players are bound to call admin abuse if they're punished for giving admins shit, or that they're not doing their jobs properly. And yeah, I resigned from my position because of different levels of shit that I got from people because I wasn't responding to their calls first, wasn't banning them the way they wanted someone banned, etc. It's pretty ridiculous how bad this kind of stuff gets, and it takes a lot of willpower sometimes to not go full out on someone who's being an ass like that. It's technically flaming, but I always felt like I was in a corner, because people were bound to call foul on my part.

Current Characters:
    Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
    Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
    Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
    '091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
    Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
    • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #10 on: May 07, 2013, 10:06:22 PM »
    Admins are to be treated just like normal players. Just like if a normal player is flaming another normal player they get kicked, if a normal player flames an admin they get kicked.
    Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
    • Gold Member
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #11 on: May 07, 2013, 10:19:17 PM »
    Admins are to be treated just like normal players. Just like if a normal player is flaming another normal player they get kicked, if a normal player flames an admin they get kicked.

And?
    Most administrators won't. This is to give them the right to ignore a person/party who had/is being disrespectful to them if they want to. I have been around on garrysmod and source games for well over five years. RP servers, Sandbox, Zombie Panic! Source, CSS, TF2 and many many games. And I have been an administrator on many. I know the disrespect that comes to an admin for doing the job they have volunteered to do but just because someone shows it doesn't make me go to extreme measures like kicking/banned. Very few times in my history on these games have I taken such actions. And these types of actions are those which make servers, to some people, seem 'worse.' But one thing, in all of my jobs in the past, I have had the option to either ignore some raging ***hole or maybe ask another admin to help me out. I hate kicking people, honestly unless they are disrupting RP on a role playing server they shouldn't be. And any admin who had done that to me in the past I dislike...however again, I have been around a long time. I admit to breaking rules if I realize that I have, and if you ask some CG admins like Rudolph he may recognize that I had done that.
    I think I am going off topic haha.
    Main point admins currently have to do their job without the ability to simply ignore something. An action must be taken even though someone may be showing disrespect to them. You know Lone Wonderer and why he left, shouldn't the reason for him doing so change? Because I recall him being a fantastic administrator...even if he was in a situation with me. And, if they are a good person/admin, they know that kicking isn't always the answer and that simply ignoring something is best and is easier for them. Plus it can get them out of something which just made them feel back, like Lone Wanderer did.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #12 on: May 08, 2013, 12:25:21 AM »
    Most administrators won't. This is to give them the right to ignore a person/party who had/is being disrespectful to them if they want to.

So you expect an admin to let a rule breaker get away because the guy that reported it was being a dick? No, the admins are here to do a job and that is to keep the server moderated, if they can't take the abuse then we can find someone else who can.

Admins are not just here to moderate the servers, but it's what they wanted to do, they chose to take that responsibility when they were offered the position, they can't complain. they may not get reward for being an admin, but they are expected to not ignore violations due to personal reasons.

Some who've been around a long time may find this hypocritical of me to say, but god dammit it's true. I've learned after my share of shit faces in this playerbase that you just fucking ignore these people. They report a rule breaker, do your job. You don't need to serve the players, that's not what admins do, you punish rule breakers, you don't even need to speak to the person that's being a dick, just see to the matter that was presented.

Offline ???Jesusfreak???

• VIP
    • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #13 on: May 08, 2013, 01:50:27 AM »

But isn't there a rule which says if you kick/ban someone with the reason "flaming an admin" you will get demoted due to eliteisme? Because you wrote "admin" in the ban reason.

Credit goes to jackal

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
    • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #14 on: May 08, 2013, 11:49:35 AM »

But isn't there a rule which says if you kick/ban someone with the reason "flaming an admin" you will get demoted due to eliteisme? Because you wrote "admin" in the ban reason.
    Thats elitism yes.

If somebodies flaming you and you're an admin and it gets to the point where its kick/ban time, you put the reason but you don't write any elitist shit within it.

Normally I brush off most of any abuse/flaming directed towards me because I honestly couldn't give a fuck because I don't know them. If it gets to the point where its constant they get a warning, kick and ban as any rule breaker does.

Though we have to be careful banning people for flaming us as 99% of the time they turn round with an admin complaint for doing it(they never get anywhere but its still annoying)
    what

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal