Author Topic: HRP - More Admins - Idea for finding admins.  (Read 9049 times)

Offline |IDG:O| Aycardus

• Rekt.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
HRP - More Admins - Idea for finding admins.
« on: January 25, 2013, 09:26:20 PM »
A lot of Garry's Mod servers have an "Apply for Administrator" section on their forums. I know Waffle said he needs some admins for HRP, so why not try and make a section for "Apply for Administrator" and see what happens. I really want HRP to get cleaned up. It's gotten increasingly worse over the past few months due to the increase of morons. There's a few active, rule abiding players on HRP that will probably say the same thing. So, why not? I'd say try it out.

Maybe ask for Administrator experience in the application and what not. I don't know, just an idea.

-Aycardus
Neal Akerman, HRP

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: HRP - More Admins - Idea for finding admins.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 09:30:55 PM »
A lot of Garry's Mod servers have an "Apply for Administrator"...

i will speak on behalf of everyone

no

• Rekt.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 09:34:30 PM »
It's not like you apply for admin and instantly get the rank. I mean, how I would do it, someone posts their application, then administrators and some players post their opinions on why you should or should not get administrator.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 09:37:28 PM »
It's not like you apply for admin and instantly get the rank. I mean, how I would do it, someone posts their application, then administrators and some players post their opinions on why you should or should not get administrator.

or we stay to how it is done atm because unfortunately there are too many kids who play hrp and 90% of hrp is incapable of holding and correctly doing the job of admin. admins and owners will spot the odd people who stand out from others and that could be a decent admin

• Rekt.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 09:43:55 PM »
Yes, there are a lot of kids on HRP, but that 90% is probably not registered on the forums. Therefore, they won't see the "Apply for Administrator" section, and won't waste current administrators time by creating their applications. The problem with the current way Catalyst gains Admins, is it takes months to even become an Administrator. I'm just saying we need HRP admins. Maybe when they apply and get the majority vote "Yes", they can have some kind of Trial Admin or whatever with limited permissions. That way they can see how they handle certain situations.

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 10:18:01 PM »
Yes, there are a lot of kids on HRP, but that 90% is probably not registered on the forums. Therefore, they won't see the "Apply for Administrator" section, and won't waste current administrators time by creating their applications. The problem with the current way Catalyst gains Admins, is it takes months to even become an Administrator. I'm just saying we need HRP admins. Maybe when they apply and get the majority vote "Yes", they can have some kind of Trial Admin or whatever with limited permissions. That way they can see how they handle certain situations.

That is not a problem in my view.
In my view, you aren't supposed to 'hunger' for the administrator rank and try to speed it up. That just makes it worse for your own case.
If a player is 'hungry' after the rank of administrator, he's most likely not getting it. And actually, all players joining our servers automatically creates an account on our forum when they join the server for the first time.
Next one. No, maybe they aren't that 'active' as many others, but there will be some, who checks out the forum just like the rest. I've yet to see a single server not having a problem with admins who made an application for it.
Admin applications shows how much the person actually hungers for the rank. The reason I hope we don't have them, is that it's for the better of our own servers. A person making an 'admin application' is easy to corrupt, doesn't care much and is ignorant.
I bet that these admins would make considerable huge fuck ups. Instead of helping the servers, they would help themself. Like, who dares stay up towards an admin, able to ban you for ## amount of time because of this and this? Do you dare raid an admin, where he / she then stops you and tells you you're wrong, even though you're correct? Some does, some doesn't.
Admins like these would also treat their friends better than the rest on the server. Why? They would hold their points in discussions. Raids, always nice to have a judging admin on your team, right?

Some players might be 'decent' enough to actually take the role. Until they find out how much shit there's going on, during the huge population and you're the single admin. I doubt many are capable of having 5+ reports on your spine and when people finds out you aren't doing their report but another, they claim you to be fucking, shit admin who can't figure out shit. Really, that is how people react.
I've tried with another admin, where we both came on to enjoy the game. What happened was; We were bombarded with reports every single minute and if we didn't respond, we were bitched at and claimed incapable of the administrator rank. That really destroys your mood and then you're capable of making huge fuckups.

So yeah, admin applications? There can only come the greater DOOM out of it.

Offline putin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 11:44:41 PM »
Simple answer for this is for the the current administration to start a thread on there forums posting who they think would make a decent admin.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 01:37:35 AM »
Simple answer for this is for the the current administration to start a thread on there forums posting who they think would make a decent admin.
Already exists.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

• Rekt.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 01:51:35 AM »
@Challenge: Very valid points, appreciate the feedback.

@Hogs: I'm not asking for the administrator rank, I would just like to see more admins on Harbor Roleplay, and for HRP to get cleaned up a little. There's so many rule breakers running around. I would record, submit ban requests and what not, but my computer sucks and I would barely be able to get a frame per second.

Waffle said earlier today about needing more administrators for HRP, so I thought I would try and come up with an idea to help him. In the end, this won't work out too well.

Offline hogs

• [LOOC] Shane West: cash first.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 02:07:31 AM »
@Hogs: I'm not asking for the administrator rank, I would just like to see more admins on Harbor Roleplay, and for HRP to get cleaned up a little. There's so many rule breakers running around. I would record, submit ban requests and what not, but my computer sucks and I would barely be able to get a frame per second.

recording demos doesn't change fps too much as far as i know
just record the demos and attach it to the ban request or upload it to filesmelt lol
i do that and it's much easier than uploading a whole video

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2013, 06:18:54 AM »

just record the demos and attach it to the ban request or upload it to filesmelt lol

ye but some silly admins seem to think you can get viruses in demo files and refuse to take it as evidence or are just too lazy to look because it puts the effort they have to make up by a notch

and im fairly certain the fps drop from recording a .dem file is non-existant

Offline hogs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2013, 06:24:51 AM »

ye but some silly admins seem to think you can get viruses in demo files and refuse to take it as evidence or are just too lazy to look because it puts the effort they have to make up by a notch

and im fairly certain the fps drop from recording a .dem file is non-existant

how you can hide a virus in a demo file and how it's so hard as to scan a file before you open it is beyond me

and yeah recording .dem has no fps drop only in the first second when it's initializing

by the way if you don't know how to record demos let it be known that you type into console 'record <writeafilename>' and that you can find it in
steamapps\username\garrysmod\garrysmod
if you can't find it in there (will be in a .dem file format obviously) it'll be in \demos

Offline putin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2013, 06:29:03 AM »

and im fairly certain the fps drop from recording a .dem file is non-existent
It's existent. It is truly random, some people have this issue, some people are fine. Anyway, the answer is not telling the players to record and post ban requests because it is time consuming, you get one guy banned and another one replaces him. The answer is simply updating your HRP admins frequently. HRP gets boring after awhile and a lot of current admin's get bored of playing so they are less active.

Offline hogs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2013, 06:52:21 AM »

and im fairly certain the fps drop from recording a .dem file is non-existent
It's existent. It is truly random, some people have this issue, some people are fine. Anyway, the answer is not telling the players to record and post ban requests because it is time consuming, you get one guy banned and another one replaces him. The answer is simply updating your HRP admins frequently. HRP gets boring after awhile and a lot of current admin's get bored of playing so they are less active.

just because you might be too lazy to type record into console and upload a file to a website doesn't mean there should be more administrators
it's not the administrators fault for not wanting to play a server they're being asked to join every day because 'he is being mean xD'
if you really have a problem with there being a lack of administrators maybe you should show some initiative and record the offenders and report them

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2013, 02:36:03 PM »
we had admin applications once before, a really long time ago mind you, but we have used them in the past. I can tell you now that admin apps won't be coming back soon, and probably never will. the way we find our admins can sometimes take long, but that's because we know for sure we're finding the right people. sometimes we're wrong about people, yes, but at least we don't have every new member coming in and typing up an application that is extremely horrible and forcing us to have to deal with the massive amount of applications coming in, on top of what already has to be done every day.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal