Author Topic: Delta's Authorization Application  (Read 2207 times)

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Delta's Authorization Application
« on: March 22, 2012, 11:04:51 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Delta1116732
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 1 Year
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 11 Months

Character Section

Authorization(s):
A antlion model.

Name: Antlion
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
              A time which seemed like endless amount of time this antlion was just young sitting in a egg hanging on the side of the antlion nest. As he sat in there he began to tear at the egg trying to open it. He managed to puncture a small hole, and in a matter of seconds he came tumbling out on his back. As he managed to roll himself on his back he saw everything was pitch black. Being that he just hatched he stumbled around scared, and found a safe spot in a corner. He laid down unknowing of here he was, or what did he even look like. A couple hours latter he heard a similar sound coming down from what heard like a tunnel. As he heard it come closer the antlion in front of him dropped some food in front of his mouth staring at him. He smelled the food in front of his mouth, and quickly ate it. He heard the other antlion scurry away into the far off tunnels. A couple days passed, and antlions have been bring him food in the time being. During the afternoon of the day he opened his eyes, and with a bright, white, blinding light he managed to open them. It took him a couple of minutes for his eyes to slowly adjust to the light around him. As he looked around seeing what was around him he got up and scurried around wondering of all the new things that lay around him. As he entered one of the tunnels he saw the egg that he fell out of just days ago. As he adventured along the nest finding mostly just antlion grubs, and fellow antlion members he came across a massive cave. Looking inside of it he saw this massive beast that looked to be five or six times his size. He was terrified yet almost seemed relaxed around the beast. As it turned around he found it to be an antlion guard the guard used the pheropod inside of it to command him. Doing so as ordered he followed a massive wave of antlions rushing through the tunnels. After some time he looked up to see a bright light. As he dug himself slowly up to the surface he looked around seeing that he was on the coast. As his fellow antlion scattered he began looking for anything useful he may find. As he reached the waters  that lay close to him he walked into them looking at his reflection. As he noticed some fish had come near him he raised one of his spear like legs, and rammed them into the water missing the fish by an inch. After some time he caught two fish which he ate shortly after.

A year has passed, and this antlion has made it somehow possible to survive throughout these tough times. One day as him along with a couple other antlions walked near to the exit hole of the nest he heard voices. Stopping as soon as he could he listened as the others continued. As he heard a quick yell, and saw what looked like a can with a red trail drop into the next. As all the antlions looked at it unsure of what to do it began to beep faster, and faster. Within a matter of seconds the grenade exploded killing ten antlions around it. Being smart, and stopping he quickly ran back as more grenades where tossed into the hole. These grenades released a gas that quickly spread throughout the nest. As he ran quickly to the other side of where the gas was spreading he saw that other antlions began to do the same. As they quickly ran seeing other entrances being gassed as well they where able to escape to a mine after some time of running. As him along with 20 other antlions entered the mine they heard loud moans up ahead. Un sure of what to do being that their antlion guard was dead they stood still. As they saw a zombine burst out of a fence in the mine it turned and looked at the antlions. As the zombine raised a grenade then triggering it he ran towards the antlions. Quickly a couple antlions jumped to the side running down the other side of the mine. As they watched the couple of antlions make the pointless attack on the zombine he blew up killing antlions around him. Scared, and frightened the surviving antlion group rushed quickly towards the rest of the mine wishing to find a way out. Days have passed and they have remained to survive somehow. Countless zombies have been attacking them every now, and then. As the end of the day was nearing and the sun was setting the antlion group saw a very dim light up ahead. As they rushed towards the light they saw that they had traveled much farther than they had thought. They had reached tall mountains, and some small villages around them. As he looked up at a tall antenna they all looked at each other wondering. As they all separated into different sections he wondering how was he going to survive this remarkable journey.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
+ A non human character.
+ Could very well help with perhaps events.
+ A much different role play experience.
+ Being able to role-play with other players. (Maybe other antlions if more auths are created after this)'
+ He could be tamed if somone where to find a "Pheropod" better known as "Bug Bait".
+ Being able to jump high.

Defects
- Being a lone antlion would be tough without a pack of other antlions.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan to try, and make role play better for the public. I'v been noticing that people on the out-lands have been doing the same passive things for quite some time. I think having an antlion character would make people re populate the out-lands server.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
Nope.

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
Unsure of what the character would have as a name for the time being until he is named by a citizen.

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

DukeW

Re: Delta's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 12:19:46 AM »
+ Support

I think it would be interesting to have more non-human characters on Outlands excluding Vortigaunts, though it would be nice to have more of those. Having Player controlled Antlions acting in an event opposed to having NPC controlled Antlions would increase the Rp of an event. As opposed to just releasing a Horde of a NPC's upon unsuspecting Player's, by having Player controlled event creatures operating not just in events, but in the day-to-day agenda's of the Outlands would increase other character RP and development experience. Whether this is in an event where the Antlions or other event creature's can RP maneuver and act RP accordingly instead of just charging at Weapons, or in daily activities such as strolling around the Outlands and encountering these creatures which could potentially create lots of amounts of Passive Rp.

More so OOC wise, by giving knowledgeable players access to unique player experiences through Antlions and other NPC creatures, the Rp knowledge of this person could increase which could potentially create a new source of inspirational Rp in both Active and Passive Rp form. From Delta1116732's participation as a Player-controlled creature, he could increase his own Rp experience which he seems to have much of. By having an appropriate person to participate in the Rp of a player controlled creature, they could also become more knowledgeable of Rp and spread this knowledge through other trusted characters (e.g. for Delta1116732: Dr. Will Jones) but as well to use this opportunity to promote the game play of the Outlands server and instigate more player's wanting to participate in this trusted position as well.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 12:21:45 AM by DukeW »

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 06:37:51 AM »
 You cannot apply for NPC characters as said by the rules. The only NPC you can apply for is the Headcrab and Fast Headcrab models.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 07:48:42 AM »
You cannot apply for NPC characters as said by the rules. The only NPC you can apply for is the Headcrab and Fast Headcrab models.
^that.
Besides, even if you could, antlion models don't have turning, and proper movement animations to use as playermodels.

This app is a no.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 12:22:38 PM »
Oh. I just would have thought that you could have an antlion one being the fact that I've seen many other servers have it. How the animation works I don't know but I've seen it.

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 01:51:00 PM »
Oh well, due to the fact this is against our restrictions, I'll lock this thread.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal