Author Topic: Want to be admin in a big community? Then this thread is interesting for you.  (Read 7535 times)

Offline Kaiser Wilhelm I ?DetroitRP

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Its a lot better to be a hl2rp admin then a OCRP admin. If I had to choose, it'd be HL2RP admin.

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Its a lot better to be a hl2rp admin then a OCRP admin. If I had to choose, it'd be HL2RP admin.
If only you saw what went on today in HL2RP.

But being a admin is hard but can also be fun, its how you treat your "Job"  and trust me, climbing ranks is not a great thing, you might want it.  But studies show your ego rises with the power.  No need to point hooves tho right?

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Guys, This thread was not made to seem like Nick had an high ego. This thread was made to show all the people out there what it is like to be an Administrator at Catalyst-Gaming and some effects you could get from doing it. I understand how some points may make it seem he is just in it to be "Cool" or whatever, In my opinion it is not "Cool" It is simply a higher member position that allows you to help others in a more technical or logical way.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Ban person

they go on steam chat

"I'M INNOCENT UNBAN ME NOW, FUCKER"

Can't break rule 1...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Kindly tell them to make a ban appeal.

"NO!"

* Johanan sighs

Longest situation I had to deal with lasted about 45 minutes...  the guy just kept talking in circles...

Who wants to be a "No fun" admin?  OCRP may be hard to admin at, but even sometimes, I must admit I laugh at the ridiculousness of some situations.  Plus, there are very few OCRP admins.  OCRP can frustrate me and sometimes it can be funny.  But there's that line between funny and breaking the rules.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 11:18:04 PM by Johanan »

Offline D3AD_S1L3NT

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Idk whete you giys are coming from but i still ghink being admin is 'cool' because most admins arent on ehen im downright stuck and i have to end up rejoining when im cheif of police. We need admins who are more active!!
Bananananannanananana

Offline agrum

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I agree with this totally. Many people just want to be admin thinking "Oh I can just spawn and do what I want." In reality you can't. On the Outlands today, I was dealing with atleast like 5 issues at once. People RDMing, complaining, failRPing, I was getting reports of everything. I just told everyone I would do my best and help everyone. It took a few hours to get everything settled. The truth is, it is a lot of work... and you have to remain calm. You can't just break apart or get all mad at a new player. You have to teach them. I love helping players, therefore I love what I do. I like to think of myself as a normal player, except I have been given the ability to go further in with the community and help others better.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 11:48:57 PM by Yagrum »

Offline Darthkatzs

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Idk whete you giys are coming from but i still ghink being admin is 'cool' because most admins arent on ehen im downright stuck and i have to end up rejoining when im cheif of police. We need admins who are more active!!

Don't worry, you'll never get it anyway.

And Nick. Admins will always use it to feed their ego in some way. By writing this article you make yourself look all mighty and special.
But you will only understand this once you have retired from your position of "power". Thust me, I know what I'm talking about.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 12:53:42 AM by Darthkatzs »

Offline Pirate Robot

• DEAD
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Seriously, do you type like a retard on purpose because....uhh....mission accomplished..
(do you think when you type?)

O smite me Down i am so foolish.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 06:00:54 AM by My Little Pirate Robot »

Well anyway, it's always sad to see an admin give up his position, especially one as influential as yourself.
Who are you on about?

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
People think as admins, they just get power, but really, they hardly get any rp(on hl2rp, ocrp they don't get any deathmatching).

We are here as an aide to you guys(hl2rp), much like the high command for the cca, we are here to help you, and make it intresting. The moments we get rp is if we involve a character to start an event with it or suchlike.
what

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal