Author Topic: Serious Sam  (Read 1757 times)

Offline Showfur

• Gold Member
  • Awards [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH [GMR2 Award] City Circuit Record [GMR2 Award] Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Serious Sam
« on: April 25, 2012, 02:06:09 AM »
Okay, so I discovered a nice gem that a lot in my friends list seem to have never heard of. Serious Sam.
Serious Sam was developed by Croteam and Devolver Digital, and even after having made Serious Sam: First Encounter and Serious Sam: Second Encounter, they go back and update them to their Serious Engine 3. There is a Serious Sam 2 that uses the Serious Engine 2, but I felt it parted from the original style of Serious Sam: First and Second Encounter. A bit ago they released Serious Sam 3: BFE (Before First Encounter). This new addition runs on their Serious Engine 3.5, which is pretty much better graphics, level design, and more gore.

Not sure if anyone else has it or heard of it, just figured it was cool to play and still play, having gotten the games recently.

Anyways, if you like running around in side-strafing circles to avoid 30 or so enemies charging you at once while you are loaded up on ammo and big guns, it's pretty damn fun. There is hardly any cover and you have to rely on constantly picking up ammo and health (which I kinda like). Boss fights are of course included.

I guess you could say the fedora is back.

And come on, who doesn't like trench coats?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal