Author Topic: Chance system.  (Read 6059 times)

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Chance system.
« on: May 31, 2013, 03:36:12 PM »
I really don't know how you guys will take this but I had a idea to gain chances for being un-permabanned from a server.
This would work by one person playing on another one of your servers and proving that he/she can follow rules, and depending on admins, this will enable them to one last chance to follow the rules and if that does not happen that last chance is taken away and will not be given again.  Just take this suggestion into mind.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Chance system.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 03:45:18 PM »
It sounds good on paper, but one server is not the same as another.  If someone was permabanned for prop spamming in HRP, how would they prove they won't prop spam again in OCRP when you can't spawn props?  Plus, I like to treat everyone as an adult.  If they are irresponsible enough to get themselves banned five times in one month on the same server, I don't see why they should be allowed to continue to play there.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 05:58:40 PM »
It sounds good on paper, but one server is not the same as another.  If someone was permabanned for prop spamming in HRP, how would they prove they won't prop spam again in OCRP when you can't spawn props?  Plus, I like to treat everyone as an adult.  If they are irresponsible enough to get themselves banned five times in one month on the same server, I don't see why they should be allowed to continue to play there.
Yes,  I understand that.  But what I am saying is that they have proven themselves to actually care about the community's rules and will follow, and if they do it again they should be perma banned from all of the servers.

Post Auto-Merged: May 31, 2013, 06:01:18 PM
And to make it fair, they have to play a amount of hours and or minutes to prove, with an admin checking in or other players boosting there rep with rp.  And the other people cannot be friends with them.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 06:01:18 PM by Bish The Draggity »

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 06:11:36 PM »
You're given 5 times a month plus an extra one added each month to prove you can follow the rules. I don't understand how people cant get banned that many times and end up striking out. If you can't follow the rules after that many chances, you don't deserve to be here.

I'm sorry, but that's the honest truth.

Offline Channy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 06:15:10 PM »
A perma ban is a perma ban for a reason. If perma bans are treated any less, players won't take them as seriously. If you have 5 chances to clean yourself up, and you see that last ban mark that says "Last Chance", then why in the living fuck would you get yourself banned again? It's because people probably think it won't happen to them, they think they'll get away with it, and when they get caught, they will just post a ban appeal pleading for C-G to give them another chance. They had so many chances before, why the hell should they get another after so many warnings? I might just be in an asshole mood right now..idk.
ok

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 08:04:00 PM »
It's actually really easy to not get banned 5 times.

Following the rules is a good step in not getting banned.

Offline Quarantine

• AdMiNgE aBuS eRr DaY
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 08:31:45 PM »
There is absolutely no reason why a player should get banned 5 times for them to realize "Hey, I'm breaking rules and should stop". It's their own fault for breaking the rules. The way I see it is, a person that constantly breaks the rules is selfish in most cases. They would rather grief and ruin the entertainment of another player for their own benefit or entertainment. Therefore, I don't think they should get a 5th chance after they have been given 4 chances to shape up.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 09:10:14 PM »
There is absolutely no reason why a player should get banned 5 times for them to realize "Hey, I'm breaking rules and should stop". It's their own fault for breaking the rules. The way I see it is, a person that constantly breaks the rules is selfish in most cases. They would rather grief and ruin the entertainment of another player for their own benefit or entertainment. Therefore, I don't think they should get a 5th chance after they have been given 4 chances to shape up.
Yes, I understand this... but lets say the person wants to redeem thereselfe?  All I am saying is to add a rule, and if they break a rule after getting this chance they don't get anymore chances and are banned from all the cg servers.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 10:44:59 PM »
Yes, I understand this... but lets say the person wants to redeem thereselfe?  All I am saying is to add a rule, and if they break a rule after getting this chance they don't get anymore chances and are banned from all the cg servers.

They already had five other chances to stop breaking rules. If people fuck around and act stupid, it's going to catch up to them.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 11:01:17 PM »
They had 5 chances not to screw up. They should have figured it out around the 2nd or 3rd ban that they need to freshen up on the rules. Once they figure it out, they go a month without a ban and they lose a point. Go another month without a ban, lose a point. Repeat until you're at 0. That's basically a chance system. You have 5 chances to prove to us you're willing to follow the rules, and if you can't, then you're gone.

Offline Xanuch

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2013, 03:04:00 AM »
Gonna butt in on this one. Say you've struck out, got a perma. You're jammed out anally of CG for a full month.

And then suddenly, you got one shot out of the land of the permazone. Ever played EVE Online? There's a subscription thing to get yourself back in, it's called "Hours For EVE." It gives you 12 hours of playtime to redeem yourself a pending PLEX or something like that. The terms of using it though, is if you DON'T redeem a plex, you lose that privilege for life.

In that case, give everyone a single "day" under close watch to show they've changed. If not, well that's their problem. Following that, everyone gets one. Don't redeem yourself? You can't learn, you autistic idiot. Otherwise, you're still under warning, but it's a close inspection based on admins, and should be a better way instead of "unb& from perma, m1ng3time" and letting them run into a brick wall again.

The motivation to prove?
• Time
• Close watch
• Only one shot to get out of the happy perma institution
• Admin surveillance, for an afternoon or so.

It isn't hard, and I'm sure after a month someone is ready to show themselves up all clean and dandy, my 2 cents.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2013, 03:42:35 AM »
Gonna butt in on this one. Say you've struck out, got a perma. You're jammed out anally of CG for a full month.

And then suddenly, you got one shot out of the land of the permazone. Ever played EVE Online? There's a subscription thing to get yourself back in, it's called "Hours For EVE." It gives you 12 hours of playtime to redeem yourself a pending PLEX or something like that. The terms of using it though, is if you DON'T redeem a plex, you lose that privilege for life.

In that case, give everyone a single "day" under close watch to show they've changed. If not, well that's their problem. Following that, everyone gets one. Don't redeem yourself? You can't learn, you autistic idiot. Otherwise, you're still under warning, but it's a close inspection based on admins, and should be a better way instead of "unb& from perma, m1ng3time" and letting them run into a brick wall again.

The motivation to prove?
• Time
• Close watch
• Only one shot to get out of the happy perma institution
• Admin surveillance, for an afternoon or so.

It isn't hard, and I'm sure after a month someone is ready to show themselves up all clean and dandy, my 2 cents.
Maybe this is where a mod or something could fit into place, this is pretty much a respected player that knows what he/she is doing.  They watch them, and if they have to go, the ban stays and the time passed on the chance will pause untill another mod and or admin gets on to wacth.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2013, 06:54:08 PM »
Why dont people get it?
If you dont man up and stop breaking rules after getting banned 4 and 5 times already, you certainly wont after 6 times.

Permanent is permanent. Im just going to be really blunt on this one:
If you are to stupid to get yourself permanently banned after that many chances you get already, then you really don't deserve to be here. End of.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2013, 02:13:38 AM »
Can an admin just lock this... -.-  my point never got across, so why try?

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2013, 02:24:45 AM »
Your point got across clearly.  The thing is that we are not willing to put it in service simply because people need to grow up.  Five chances is more than enough to learn that the rules should be followed.  If they CBA to read the rules, then they also CBA to play here.  Real life is much less forgiving.

Locking as per your request.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal