Author Topic: [OUTLANDS] Passive Player Controlled Zombies  (Read 2408 times)

Offline Blue Haze

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[OUTLANDS] Passive Player Controlled Zombies
« on: April 27, 2012, 07:39:09 AM »
Outlands RP is fun during events, especially when it comes to the UU sending in their share of headcrabs, causing zombies to attack the Bunker. The only problem is, there are stragglers that aren't going to go for the Bunker, meaning they would be in different places. Also NPCs are a pain for people who use IC weapons such as crowbars or hammers or machetes to combatRP. My suggestion is, if an admin isn't busy on a character, to go around as a player controlled zombie. This way, if it combatRP's with somebody, it can NLR on death (Assuming it lost) and go somewhere else.

This would be fun as long as both sides properly RP.

Spoiler for Example:
**The creature staggers out from behind the rock
**[||6'0|Brown Hair|] jumps back, "Holy crap.."
**The creature seems to be a human with a small pale creature on his head. It starts walking towards the man
[||6'0|Brown Hair|] yells "Get away!"
**[||6'0|Brown Hair|]reaches down to the empty supply crate, attempting to throw it towards the creature.
**The creature staggers back a bit from getting hit before continuing after the man
**[||6'0|Brown Hair|] reaches for his 9MM, pulling it out as the monster walks closer and closer to him
**The creature brings his arm back, getting ready to swing
**[||6'0|Brown Hair|] aims the weapon, trying to shoot the monster in the head
**The bullet enters the creature, the little tan organism unlatching as the human possessed by it falls to the ground.
[||6'0|Brown Hair|] radios in "Dammit, I just had a run in with another one of those things..."

(Didn't actually happen, but it was just an example)
Characters

Trent (Davidson) Marlow - [ALIVE] - Getting people to do work for him, living near the Inn, back from his retreat.

Kelly (Lillians) Striker - [DEAD] - Found outside the old Bunker with many wounds suggesting a poison headcrab attack. All supplies but her clothes missing.

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [OUTLANDS] Passive Player Controlled Zombies
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 02:45:38 PM »
I like this idea, for two reasons mainly.  One, RPing it is a ton more interesting and diverse than just, "pew pew pew".    Two, people that RP with IC weapons are fucked against NPCs, I know how you feel.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 04:13:27 PM »
I like this idea, and I`ve looked into it a few times already. I've set up a few things with myself and other people, but I think it should be done more often.

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 05:09:21 PM »
It would be quite nice for people to be able to make applications for a zombie character (That won't be PKed). Being that it could be open for like...100 people in CG gaming who play outland? Just because one person goes for the auth means 1000 others will go for it. The question is does CG have the animations and character for the model? If so then go for it. If auth applications would be put up for a zombie character I'd go for it in a second. Being so why can people apply for a head crab (Which is a NPC) and it gets accepted yet on the rules it states "No NPC characters". I'v seen this one to many times like someone got an antlion guard.

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline Blue Haze

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 05:15:25 PM »
It would be quite nice for people to be able to make applications for a zombie character (That won't be PKed). Being that it could be open for like...100 people in CG gaming who play outland? Just because one person goes for the auth means 1000 others will go for it. The question is does CG have the animations and character for the model? If so then go for it. If auth applications would be put up for a zombie character I'd go for it in a second. Being so why can people apply for a head crab (Which is a NPC) and it gets accepted yet on the rules it states "No NPC characters". I'v seen this one to many times like someone got an antlion guard.

The thing is, I think anything other than a regular zombie should be authed. Also that the character never gets PK'd.
Characters

Trent (Davidson) Marlow - [ALIVE] - Getting people to do work for him, living near the Inn, back from his retreat.

Kelly (Lillians) Striker - [DEAD] - Found outside the old Bunker with many wounds suggesting a poison headcrab attack. All supplies but her clothes missing.

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 11:34:19 PM »

The thing is, I think anything other than a regular zombie should be authed. Also that the character never gets PK'd.

Yes, or the only way to obtain a zombie character is if
A: Your character is head humped by a head crab ICly. (In that case fast/poison/normal depending on the head crab
B: Auth for NORMAL head crabs only.

Yeah they shouldn't be PKed let alone there should be a limit for how many auths and zombie characters go out. Being that I know people will sacrifice themselves with some 10 second made up character to get a zombie one.

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline Oh-Em-Gee

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 02:44:28 AM »
I support this great idea, and agree completely.  ;) Players are more fun to RP with than NPCs.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal