Author Topic: The Resisting.  (Read 5784 times)

Offline chunkeymonkey79

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The Resisting.
« on: June 18, 2011, 05:35:40 PM »
Why? Just why? There isn't even a good reason for so many people to form a resistance or even mention the word resist. "oh well hurr durr da combine are mean, dey hardy give us rashuns" It's your own damn fault for asking for them in OOC.

Now. Think about this. Think about the CP's in the opening of HL2. They are horrible to the citizens, randomly beating them, searching them, and dragging them off, never to be seen again. Now think about what we do in HL2RP. It isn't EVEN CLOSE to what the CP's in HL2 do. If the UU were to do an inspection of C45, we would have a nuke dropped on us because we actually treat you okay.

So that's why I wonder if there is really a IC and OOC reason to resist. We can be jerks sometimes, but that's about the extent. However, if you really, really, really want us to, we can switch to the CP's in HL2, beating you, searching you, and killing you for no reason at all. We can be extremely hard on you citizens.

(and believe it, you will be interrogated for walking in a group, just like in HL2.)
<::|| HL2RP Characters ||::>

C18.CCA.APEX-DvL.040
Taking it easy as the DvL of the best division.

Derek Hampson
Wandering around C18, mentally confused.

Kendra Shawkins
Unknown Location, last seen diving into a body of water.

UU.OTA.PHANTOM-1.11590
On a rooftop, cloaked and sniper in hand.

ATTEMPTING TO ACCESS CHARACTER DATA..RESTRICTED..

Offline [FPSN]Bokslag

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Resisting.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 06:02:51 PM »
Yes please. I want, REALLY WANT, to be interogated for being in a group. That would be epic RP! I hope the CCA get tougher.
C45.CCA.APEX-01.725 says "<:: It's not a skirt."
C45.CCA.APEX-01.725 says "<:: It's a dress."

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 12:07:41 AM »
I am a strict CCA and have been told off for it OOCly and blackmarked for it.
[CG-SA]Toy4x4funrun: When guns are involved RP = basicly void
lolwut?

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 05:42:54 AM »
We aren't allowed to be strict as CCA. Most people are either CCA or lolrebels, as most don't know how to be a normal citizen. Its actually quite hard, as your either a cca, a loyalist, a cwu, or a lolrebel. I never really see REAL rebels around these days.
what

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 05:47:31 AM »
We aren't allowed to be strict as CCA. Most people are either CCA or lolrebels, as most don't know how to be a normal citizen. Its actually quite hard, as your either a cca, a loyalist, a cwu, or a lolrebel. I never really see REAL rebels around these days.
Impossibly hard.
You NEED an organized Resistance for that, but that will never happen on this server. I'm not to sure why, works unbelievably well on other servers.

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 06:01:07 AM »
I never really see the REAL rebels around these days.
Exactly.  . .
[CG-SA]Toy4x4funrun: When guns are involved RP = basicly void
lolwut?

Offline @Mmmaaattt94

• Britfag #1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 06:25:00 AM »
To be fair there are a fair rebels out there. But no one knows of them because those few RP it very well and don't just go "LOL I WEBLE I HITZ DA CPZ AND I HELP GET RIDZ OF EM" They actually try to stay low, undetected and try to find a way to group up without arousing suspicion from the combine, CWU, loyalists or citizens (and there are a FEW) Its not an easy thing to rp at all but there are a few rebels out there doing it correctly and trying to do it correctly and well. Its just not easy and they get a bad name because of the lolrebel.

Offline [FPSN]Bokslag

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 11:17:50 AM »
To be fair there are a fair rebels out there. But no one knows of them because those few RP it very well and don't just go "LOL I WEBLE I HITZ DA CPZ AND I HELP GET RIDZ OF EM" They actually try to stay low, undetected and try to find a way to group up without arousing suspicion from the combine, CWU, loyalists or citizens (and there are a FEW) Its not an easy thing to rp at all but there are a few rebels out there doing it correctly and trying to do it correctly and well. Its just not easy and they get a bad name because of the lolrebel.
My gun shot wound as cristina has me locked in my apartment most of the time now... It has lead to some really good passive RP.
C45.CCA.APEX-01.725 says "<:: It's not a skirt."
C45.CCA.APEX-01.725 says "<:: It's a dress."

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 03:54:41 PM »
YES PLEASE! Be as hard as the CPs in HL2 I BEG YOU

Offline ThatAnonNoo8

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 01:09:51 AM »
Why? Just why? There isn't even a good reason for so many people to form a resistance or even mention the word resist. "oh well hurr durr da combine are mean, dey hardy give us rashuns" It's your own damn fault for asking for them in OOC.

Now. Think about this. Think about the CP's in the opening of HL2. They are horrible to the citizens, randomly beating them, searching them, and dragging them off, never to be seen again. Now think about what we do in HL2RP. It isn't EVEN CLOSE to what the CP's in HL2 do. If the UU were to do an inspection of C45, we would have a nuke dropped on us because we actually treat you okay.

So that's why I wonder if there is really a IC and OOC reason to resist. We can be jerks sometimes, but that's about the extent. However, if you really, really, really want us to, we can switch to the CP's in HL2, beating you, searching you, and killing you for no reason at all. We can be extremely hard on you citizens.

(and believe it, you will be interrogated for walking in a group, just like in HL2.)

There is a good reason to resist. It adds to the RP experience, it makes RP that much more appealing to the player. That's what RP is supposed to do, make it fun and exciting to play that role, and I'm not talking about those lolrebels (the mingebags who go around saying "hey lets kill sum cp lol").

I'm talking about the real rebels. The ones who plot, the ones who actually play that role. There are many reasons to resist. Such as, take your country back, fight for your rights, restore liberty, defend yourself and your fellow citizens, avenge lost family members, etc.

My character is a rebel, and there's more of us joining the ranks everyday. So please, don't say there aren't any reasons to resist, because there are plenty of them.

Characters

Terrance McCalister
Nigerian | 28 | 5'10" | 132 lbs | Multiple Tribal tattoos on his neck | AK-47 tatoo on his arm

Dillon Haggerty
Irish | 26 | 5'11"| 143 lbs | Has tattoo of a shamrock with crossed M16s behind it

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 09:51:03 AM »
Their may be reasons to resist but you need to remember the amount of control the civil protection have over you. To even speak of it leaves you and your friends/family at risk, let alone act on it. The city is a very, very contained environment and you need to understand to "rebel" is a suicidal act. I cannot stress it enough to the people who think "rebelling" is a good thing, because it's not... It's only going to cause more harm than good to you and your fellow citizens, as the bare amount of food you receive now is more then likely going to be decreased.

Survival in the city is based on submitting to the combine, and that's just how people get through everyday. That doesn't mean you have to but you shouldn't go "Let's go shot cop some CP." all factors need to be taken into consideration.
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 09:59:08 AM »
The best rebels aren't known, OOC or IC.

ICly proper "rebels" would NEVER go into the city, they'd just use anti citizens or trustworthy citizens to smuggles supplys in, proper "rebels" wouldn't walk around with 9mms and shotguns, even in the outer districts like D2.

Offline Kiruclanz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 10:04:26 AM »
The CPs are told to be strict, but also act as mean as they want to the Citizens. CPs are like "OK I B SOOPR MEEN" but what happens is all they do is push a Citizen on the ground or make them pick up a can... Think about the CP that made Gordon pick up the can. Notice how the CP Officer knocked over the can, but then says "You knocked it over. You pick it up." This is what we need to e doing people.

I. HATE. BRONIES. Bronie haters will rule the earth some day.

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 10:29:56 AM »
The CPs are told to be strict, but also act as mean as they want to the Citizens. CPs are like "OK I B SOOPR MEEN" but what happens is all they do is push a Citizen on the ground or make them pick up a can... Think about the CP that made Gordon pick up the can. Notice how the CP Officer knocked over the can, but then says "You knocked it over. You pick it up." This is what we need to e doing people.
It may be the most canon thing in the world, but I'm not doing it if it's not fun and that doesn't sound fun [for the citizen].

Offline ThatAnonNoo8

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2011, 11:04:30 AM »
The best rebels aren't known, OOC or IC.

ICly proper "rebels" would NEVER go into the city, they'd just use anti citizens or trustworthy citizens to smuggles supplys in, proper "rebels" wouldn't walk around with 9mms and shotguns, even in the outer districts like D2.

The Rebel character I have is just a man plotting and doing passive operations. That's what a Rebel, you know, is, especially in a city controlled by the Combine. They're like the KGB, they are there, but you don't know, and they complete operations by being a sneaky as possible (and in this server, not killing anyone.) We don't kill Combine or any of that shit. We just plot, and do minor ops that don't kill CP or anyone else. Just get the word out that we're here. That's what a Rebel is in C18.

Characters

Terrance McCalister
Nigerian | 28 | 5'10" | 132 lbs | Multiple Tribal tattoos on his neck | AK-47 tatoo on his arm

Dillon Haggerty
Irish | 26 | 5'11"| 143 lbs | Has tattoo of a shamrock with crossed M16s behind it

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal