Author Topic: The new Xbox 360 UI  (Read 3914 times)

Offline Katsu

• #1 KotL picker
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The new Xbox 360 UI
« on: December 08, 2011, 12:32:39 AM »
How does people that have a Xbox feel about it, how does those that do not feel about it?

I personally think that it's leaning more towards the family rather than realistically the one person that plays it for games.

Offline Rictalspace

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The new Xbox 360 UI
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 05:34:19 AM »
I agree with this entirely.
Microsoft and Sony have been steering towards families to gain a bigger market share than their current one. Their doing it for money, Microsoft are slowly changing to a family console much alike the Wii.
Although thankfully they are not in control of the games. So the games will still be the same relatively, just the dashboard we play it on will change.
They also brought out a recent update that changed the dashboard to a Windows computer type, don't know which one.

Check out my reviewing channel, I review Garry's Mod Servers
http://www.youtube.com/user/GmodServerReviews?feature=mhee

Offline Journeyman H. [UK]

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 03:08:17 PM »
I agree with this entirely.
Microsoft and Sony have been steering towards families to gain a bigger market share than their current one. Their doing it for money, Microsoft are slowly changing to a family console much alike the Wii.
Although thankfully they are not in control of the games. So the games will still be the same relatively, just the dashboard we play it on will change.
They also brought out a recent update that changed the dashboard to a Windows computer type, don't know which one.

So far, I seen what Microsoft has always been doing, ripping people off, hardware, software and the online play you do, and then they do a hilarious attempt at trying to turn it into a family console, in order to beat nintendo.

The few things I've seen Sony do so far is doing a subscription (PS3+), just simply gives you more features like download games depending on the budget allowance, and small perks here and there. Nothing hugely major but it's an interesting subscription system though.

Whilst obviously both of them always try and make the most money, they don't "Dominate" the gaming industry. It's unlikely that they ever will, especially when PC gaming is around.
Clearly racist.

Offline Rictalspace

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 03:14:02 PM »
They have their own market, the console market. In which people don't associate PC with.

The point of the paying for xbox live was to make it better, which it is compared to PS3 Live (Or whatever it is called)
The reason online Xbox is better in most cases is because we pay for it.

Check out my reviewing channel, I review Garry's Mod Servers
http://www.youtube.com/user/GmodServerReviews?feature=mhee

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 04:00:00 PM »
Xbox > PS3, and for the right reasons. Not starting a flame war here.

Offline Journeyman H. [UK]

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 11:42:56 AM »
Xbox > PS3, and for the right reasons. Not starting a flame war here.

That's the best reason I've ever heard! /sarcasm
Clearly racist.

Offline Pirate Robot

• DEAD
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 11:46:19 AM »
I'm loving the new dashboard, if anyone didn't notice they up-scaled the resolution; so now it looks crisper and cleaner especially on my 52 inch television.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 05:10:59 PM »
I could care less about the xbox and other consoles.

BUT...

The new Xbox is looking pretty damn cool.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal