Author Topic: Got a job interview!  (Read 3303 times)

Offline S?cojnr

• #1 CHAV
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Got a job interview!
« on: March 17, 2013, 05:04:29 AM »
So, last night I found out I have my first ever job interview at sports direct on the 25th of March.

Basically, what should I do?!?

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Got a job interview!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 05:18:42 AM »
Be confident and don't oversell yourself. And google job interview tips.
Be dressed in an appropriate dress for the company and job. Never dress less than a business casual which is a minimum of dress pants, nice shoes (no tennis shoes/skate shoes), a button up shirt or polo, and well groomed.
Know the company a bit. Do research as to what they do, their history, etc. Don't try to force your knowledge on the interviewer, but more base knowledge is always good and gives you a base about the company.

Offline S?cojnr

• #1 CHAV
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 06:42:36 AM »
Thanks for the advise! I have just confirmed the interview time :P

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 04:31:20 PM »
Thanks for the advise! I have just confirmed the interview time :P
Ohhh good luck you little shit ^_^

Just as TimeLords said, be as confident as you possibly can. What I do for interviews is think of possible questions that I might be asked (like why you want the job, what motivates you, what type of experience you have etc) and then go through a scripted response in my head. I'm almost 100% certain that by doing that, I did very well in my interview for a uni degree and got an offer. If you know anyone that has/had a job there recently, it might be a good idea to ask them what sort of questions were asked by the interviewer(s).

Best of luck, mister S!co! :D
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal