Author Topic: The "To this day" project.  (Read 12289 times)

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The "To this day" project.
« on: March 11, 2013, 03:58:26 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltun92DfnPY" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltun92DfnPY</a>

Feels.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The "To this day" project.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 04:00:09 PM »
Serious feels yo. Getting the feels all over.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 04:24:12 PM »
My roommate was watching this at 9am one Saturday morning. Never really paid attention till now. Dad vid. If only something would change from it... If only.....

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 05:12:45 PM »
That's what i thought, the way this video is made is just made to make people feel bad so they can pay attention. It's like Kony 2012, but even though this is a problem I'm not going to take the time to sit here and watch a guy starting soft about pork chops and then screaming in my fucking ear about anti-depressants killing him because he was depressed from bullying.

I'm not saying that bullying should continue in anyway, I'm against it. But when people make have to make videos like this in order to get people's attention, it's fucking pathetic.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 05:21:46 PM by Ramone »

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 12:20:18 PM »
While I think I see your point, surely this video is all for a good cause? Not like Kony where it was a money-making scheme this is literally there to raise awareness for bullying.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 12:42:45 PM »
That's what i thought, the way this video is made is just made to make people feel bad so they can pay attention. It's like Kony 2012, but even though this is a problem I'm not going to take the time to sit here and watch a guy starting soft about pork chops and then screaming in my fucking ear about anti-depressants killing him because he was depressed from bullying.

I'm not saying that bullying should continue in anyway, I'm against it. But when people make have to make videos like this in order to get people's attention, it's fucking pathetic.

There are very little ways to express your opinion when it comes to complicated situation like this - if you make a webpage people will ignore it, if you tell somebody they'll act as said in the video "kids can be cruel" or "get over it". I can't imagine how hard it must've been to get that lengthy poem altogether, not mentioning the fact that he read this emotional poem about his own childhood himself, in front of so many people, even recorded. Brave.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 01:16:50 PM »
Been in that position. Was really hard to get out of it. Would have enjoyed the 3 years without the torment. Now I feel it was wasted. If only it didnt have to happen.

But I learned something from it. So i don't know if it was a good thing or not.

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 02:57:41 PM »
I fucking love porkchops, that video was pretty moving though until it got ridiculous it went a bit drastic 

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 06:44:23 PM »
bullying is the result of not standing up for yourself and nothing else. of course, when you've got an actual excuse not to like being mentally retarded it's fucked up but if you're an ordinary kid getting bullied and you don't stand up for yourself, you deserve it.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 06:57:47 PM »
bullying is the result of not standing up for yourself and nothing else. of course, when you've got an actual excuse not to like being mentally retarded it's fucked up but if you're an ordinary kid getting bullied and you don't stand up for yourself, you deserve it.
Thank you, Ayn Rand. Where is your degree in psychology? If you'd care to open a book (though I recognize that as a high school dropout with failing grades at that, your reading level may be a little low) you may realize that bullying is generally the result of innate, fixed unique character traits. Those are things we cannot effect. And while standing up for yourself will prevent bullying initially, slowly mental disorders can potentially grow, making you even weaker and weaker, and preventing your ability to stand up for yourself. Bullying is the result of others not standing up for their fellow brothers, and people being assholes. Saying that a kid deserves to get bullied because he can't stand up for himself is like saying that a woman deserves to get raped because she can't fight off her assailant.
Live free or die

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 07:10:15 PM »
Thank you, Ayn Rand. Where is your degree in psychology? If you'd care to open a book (though I recognize that as a high school dropout with failing grades at that, your reading level may be a little low) you may realize that bullying is generally the result of innate, fixed unique character traits. Those are things we cannot effect. And while standing up for yourself will prevent bullying initially, slowly mental disorders can potentially grow, making you even weaker and weaker, and preventing your ability to stand up for yourself. Bullying is the result of others not standing up for their fellow brothers, and people being assholes. Saying that a kid deserves to get bullied because he can't stand up for himself is like saying that a woman deserves to get raped because she can't fight off her assailant.
there's absolutely no reason to bring anyones intelligence in to this argument, stop feeding your fuckin ego. school means fuck all but that's a whole different debate so I'm not even going to start. anyone who has been bullied in their life and grew a pair and stood up for themselves solved their problem, and if you don't want to actually change yourself for the better then oh well, that sucks for you. bullying isn't something that will ever stop because it's part of human nature. when I say you deserve it I mean it's because you'll learn from it as you should from any difficult situation in your life and stop being such a pussy, because believe me no one is going to go through life happily being a little bitch
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 07:13:24 PM by Alaskan Thunderfuck »
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline tics

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 07:15:59 PM »
there's absolutely no reason to bring anyones intelligence in to this argument, stop feeding your fuckin ego. school means fuck all but that's a whole different debate so I'm not even going to start. anyone who has been bullied in their life and grew a pair and stood up for themselves solved their problem, and if you don't want to actually change yourself for the better then oh well, that sucks for you. bullying isn't something that will ever stop because it's part of human nature.
I reiterate: You're not a psychologist. Humans are far too complex of creatures for there to be a general fix-it-all to bullying like "Grow a pair!" That generalization works for some of us, of course. I'm not bullied because 1) I'm a pretty likable guy, IRL, and 2) I'm confident and know how to stand up for myself. But some people don't have the emotional strength to grow from bullying like you suggest. All people are different. That's why there will never be some grand solution to bullying. And on a final note, if you'd care to stop throwing stones from your glass house, you would realize that my sneer at your intelligence was because of your own egotism; that is, the arrogant attitude that led/leads you to believe that you could possibly conjure up the solution to a complex problem for the entirety of human beings, all unique and complex in their own rights.
Live free or die

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2013, 07:18:10 PM »
there's absolutely no reason to bring anyones intelligence in to this argument, stop feeding your fuckin ego. school means fuck all but that's a whole different debate so I'm not even going to start. anyone who has been bullied in their life and grew a pair and stood up for themselves solved their problem, and if you don't want to actually change yourself for the better then oh well, that sucks for you. bullying isn't something that will ever stop because it's part of human nature.
I reiterate: You're not a psychologist. Humans are far too complex of creatures for there to be a general fix-it-all to bullying like "Grow a pair!" That generalization works for some of us, of course. I'm not bullied because 1) I'm a pretty likable guy, IRL, and 2) I'm confident and know how to stand up for myself. But some people don't have the emotional strength to grow from bullying like you suggest. All people are different. That's why there will never be some grand solution to bullying. And on a final note, if you'd care to stop throwing stones from your glass house, you would realize that my sneer at your intelligence was because of your own egotism; that is, the arrogant attitude that led/leads you to believe that you could possibly conjure up the solution to a complex problem for the entirety of human beings, all unique and complex in their own rights.
as I already said earlier, there are people who have reasons as to why they can't stand up for themselves, and obviously giving them shit isn't okay. people with no mental issues who still find that they can't in reality can and just don't want to make a change in their life, which is their problem.

Offline tics

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2013, 07:20:37 PM »
as I already said earlier, there are people who have reasons as to why they can't stand up for themselves, and obviously giving them shit isn't okay. people with no mental issues who still find that they can't in reality can and just don't want to make a change in their life, which is their problem.
So, what you're saying is that if you're an ass to me, I'm the one who should change?
Live free or die

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2013, 07:21:07 PM »
So, what you're saying is that if you're an ass to me, I'm the one who should change?
i'm saying it's human nature for people to be assholes and you can't change human nature, and therefore should adapt.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal