Author Topic: 'Amputation' pking  (Read 2114 times)

Offline El Sofa Fuerte

• View Profile
    • Awards
'Amputation' pking
« on: October 08, 2011, 01:52:33 PM »
 I don't know what the situation is when I see a 04 taking a citizen in for minor things and if he so much as turns around he gets knocked out and dragged to the Nexus, but so far the time I have been on Catalyst Gaming(which is not much I will admit) I have seen atleast 5 PK's. This is unacceptable in my opinion. I did not want to put this in suggestions because I want an actually discussion on this topic, but feel free to move it anyway.

Lately I have been seeing 04's and 03's beating citizens for littering or some other minor offense and if they 'resist arrest' being dragged into the Nexus and amputated. Really Civil Protection? You know there is something called reprogramming available, you don't have to kill them let alone the fact its counter productive to have a workforce you kill for minor stuff.

Just saying, chill with the PK's. Whats the damn point in developing my character if when a CP feels like it he can take 3 weeks of work away?

Drake Osiris : Alive

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: 'Amputation' pking
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 03:29:42 PM »
I don't know what the situation is when I see a 04 taking a citizen in for minor things and if he so much as turns around he gets knocked out and dragged to the Nexus, but so far the time I have been on Catalyst Gaming(which is not much I will admit) I have seen atleast 5 PK's. This is unacceptable in my opinion. I did not want to put this in suggestions because I want an actually discussion on this topic, but feel free to move it anyway.

Lately I have been seeing 04's and 03's beating citizens for littering or some other minor offense and if they 'resist arrest' being dragged into the Nexus and amputated. Really Civil Protection? You know there is something called reprogramming available, you don't have to kill them let alone the fact its counter productive to have a workforce you kill for minor stuff.

Just saying, chill with the PK's. Whats the damn point in developing my character if when a CP feels like it he can take 3 weeks of work away?

That's how the CP roll dude. We are not nice, nor do we give two fucks about other citizens. We feel merciful still, but we beat people anyways, and of course if you resist arrest you will be locked up. This aint OCRP, you dun goofed.

Offline GamingZealot

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 03:37:04 PM »
We don't amputate for bad reasons. If it was a poor reason then pk appeals are available. One of the problems is that VERY few units are trained to re-program citizens, and those who are become sadistic so that they want to kill and citizens who do something bad enough to warrant a re-program.
C18.CCA.UNIFORM-RCT.935 says "<:: Yes, I have a pipebomb. Do you require one?
 C45.CCA.APEX-DvL.313 reaches into his magical pocket where everything is contained no matter what it is, and takes out another armband
C45.CCA.UNION-OfC.713 radios in "<:: Oh, and then we get high off of fresh air and have sex with eachother using shotguns as sex toys.
Dr. Amanda Romano broadcasts "Perhaps it's better to compare the UU to an almost miraculous hair growth cream."

Offline Veran120

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 03:57:47 PM »
I don't know what the situation is when I see a 04 taking a citizen in for minor things and if he so much as turns around he gets knocked out and dragged to the Nexus
That could be a level 3 or 2 verdict. Not an amputation necessarily.

but so far the time I have been on Catalyst Gaming(which is not much I will admit) I have seen atleast 5 PK's. This is unacceptable in my opinion.
And why is that? The amputations are completely IC, when you commit a level 1 crime, you'll be amputated. You just probably joined at wrong times, there are days when even 1 person is not amputated. And not every of the PKs had to be amputation. Could be a PK from RP.

Lately I have been seeing 04's and 03's beating citizens for littering or some other minor offense and if they 'resist arrest' being dragged into the Nexus and amputated.
Resisting arrest is a crime, so you can be dragged into detention center in the Nexus for that. Beatings are beatings, that's what the CCA does.
Also, only 02+ can authorize an amputation.

Really Civil Protection? You know there is something called reprogramming available, you don't have to kill them let alone the fact its counter productive to have a workforce you kill for minor stuff.
The thing is, the combine aim is to wipe human civilization and convert some of them into slaves. And level 1 crime or 10 criminal marks are not a minor stuff.

It's your own fault when you're PK'd. When you take a risk to commit a crime, you also take a risk of possibility of being caught and judged and eventually amputated.
If you don't want to be amputated, don't commit crimes. Simple as that. Besides, it sometimes happens that even level 1 verdict is changed into level 2, because we see the work you've put into the character, and we don't want you to loose it. It's not like we like to PK.

Here you have the list of violations: http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=1118.0
Only by doing a level 1 violation you can be amputated and it has to be authorized by 02+. If you see a situation when one, or both of these requirements are not met, feel free to call and admin and/or make a complaint.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 04:04:45 PM by Veran120 »
HL2RP Characters
UU.C45.SeC.58466 | ALIVE | City 45 | "If you fail me, better for you if you commit suicide." | Theme: [Click]
Zoey 'Angel' Talke | ALIVE | City 45 | "Oh really?" | Theme: [Click]
Valerie 'Val' Anderson | ALIVE | Outlands | *grin* | Theme: [Click]

Offline El Sofa Fuerte

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 03:17:56 PM »
Gentlemen, no need for the hostility. I am merely wishing to have a intelligent reasonable discussion about some things I have been seeing.

I understand that on the list of violations that running is a level 3 malcompliance, however does every case of running(some cases I have seen citizens merely turning around and getting knocked out and dragged to the Nexus and I see a 'x character was banned' message) have to result in PKing? I see some people that have been around developing their characters get PKed on the whim of some 02. I am merely discussing that perhaps this radical degree of action does not need to be taken.

Drake Osiris : Alive

Offline GamingZealot

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 03:54:55 PM »
Gentlemen, no need for the hostility. I am merely wishing to have a intelligent reasonable discussion about some things I have been seeing.

I understand that on the list of violations that running is a level 3 malcompliance, however does every case of running(some cases I have seen citizens merely turning around and getting knocked out and dragged to the Nexus and I see a 'x character was banned' message) have to result in PKing? I see some people that have been around developing their characters get PKed on the whim of some 02. I am merely discussing that perhaps this radical degree of action does not need to be taken.

The thing is, I have seen no evidense of this such behavior. I don't mean to offend but I am not going to take your word on it that some units have been behiving like this. Without specific examples I am inclined to believe you are exagerating the actions.
C18.CCA.UNIFORM-RCT.935 says "<:: Yes, I have a pipebomb. Do you require one?
 C45.CCA.APEX-DvL.313 reaches into his magical pocket where everything is contained no matter what it is, and takes out another armband
C45.CCA.UNION-OfC.713 radios in "<:: Oh, and then we get high off of fresh air and have sex with eachother using shotguns as sex toys.
Dr. Amanda Romano broadcasts "Perhaps it's better to compare the UU to an almost miraculous hair growth cream."

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 07:06:01 PM »
I can totally understand why he thinks there is a high number of PKs.. I was on that day where at least like.. several rebels/gangsters where captured. you know the type of characters im talking about, the ones who hate cps for no other reason then to have something to resist against. But yeah, there was a ton of PKs on my first couple days on the server; but it doesn't seem to be a HUGE issue because it might of just been a fluke of stupid characters doing stupid things yo.

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 07:19:31 PM »
I've never seen someone get PK'd for such a silly reason.  The main PKs are 10-103M's.  If you see a unit amputate someone for such a dumb reason like "turning around" as you said, you should report it to an admin.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 02:20:30 PM »
I've never seen someone get PK'd for such a silly reason.  The main PKs are 10-103M's.  If you see a unit amputate someone for such a dumb reason like "turning around" as you said, you should report it to an admin.

This and once again only admins can PK.

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 10:56:34 PM »
I agree with the perma kills it's a little to much over used. At least PK's should be used at a last resort example, Someone runs around and fingers the CCA's this is just of the top of my head but YES that would be a PK. Pking should not be used when it is just something simple like having like 2 or 3 contraband that will get a beating, I don't know what the CCA rules are on the PK list and all that but the PK use should be lowered a bit. I see at least 2 or 3 Pk's and a character is meant to be enjoyed not made then killed in a week after you spent a bunch of time into it because that's what make players rage quit.

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal