Author Topic: >>>> READ THIS BEFORE YOU ASK ABOUT CLOCKWORK <<<<  (Read 13480 times)

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: >>>> READ THIS BEFORE YOU ASK ABOUT CLOCKWORK <<<<
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2012, 04:15:40 PM »
When the server comes up, the base server will not have ANY custom things we used to. Nothing will transfer. Everything will need to be reset from the beginning.

I am currently waiting to speak to waffle. Just because I left does not mean I am leaving CG in the dust.  Yes, I have a license.  The only reason that this entire discussion on having to get one is going on is due to me leaving and in my leave post in the admin section I said I was taking it with me. This is only because of something between me and waffle that was never resolved before leaving. I am trying to get ahold of him asap to finish it out and then the result will be what determines if CG gets my license. If so, I will get the initial set up done with my custom factions which were already created and ready for months.

If that happens, factions will transfer. The only thing that will be an issue is characters. No character will transfer. They will have to be recreated.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2012, 05:12:54 PM »
So I imagine bans won't transfer over then?
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2012, 05:22:19 PM »
That's a cool Christmas present to wake up to, that's for sure. Hopefully the server can be up and running soon.

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2012, 07:08:37 PM »
That's a cool Christmas present to wake up to, that's for sure. Hopefully the server can be up and running soon.

Indeed, just a couple more days before we get everything together again hopefully.
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2012, 07:26:29 PM »

Indeed, just a couple more days before we get everything together again hopefully.

We're all hoping and praying (if that's yo' thing).

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2012, 08:15:33 PM »
When the server comes up, the base server will not have ANY custom things we used to. Nothing will transfer. Everything will need to be reset from the beginning.

I am currently waiting to speak to waffle. Just because I left does not mean I am leaving CG in the dust.  Yes, I have a license.  The only reason that this entire discussion on having to get one is going on is due to me leaving and in my leave post in the admin section I said I was taking it with me. This is only because of something between me and waffle that was never resolved before leaving. I am trying to get ahold of him asap to finish it out and then the result will be what determines if CG gets my license. If so, I will get the initial set up done with my custom factions which were already created and ready for months.

If that happens, factions will transfer. The only thing that will be an issue is characters. No character will transfer. They will have to be recreated.

I miss you RTLK, bby. Even though you delete which makes me infinitely more sad because I thought we had something special. ;.; ;.; ;.; <3 <3

But on a side note, I'm totally stoked and hopefully not much will change and it will have been like nothing ever happened once we get the server up. nom nom nom

Out of Character for OOC:
<3 RTLK

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline connall

• LUA Monkey
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2012, 08:27:42 PM »

The new system is the bans are stored in the database now, so you could transfer them, but I imagine it would take a very long time, since (as I'm unaware of a better way) is writing every  ban into the system again.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2012, 11:47:50 PM »

The new system is the bans are stored in the database now, so you could transfer them, but I imagine it would take a very long time, since (as I'm unaware of a better way) is writing every  ban into the system again.

This is good and bad :/

People like drybowser and skim caused a lot of problems.

Though people who deserve a second chance will be back, so that's good.

Offline Pepper??¢

• C17.CCA.S3.716
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2012, 12:09:44 AM »
I agree with cow, if they mess up again, they will just get banned again ^^
Hl2rp Characters:

James Newtown - Alive ( Outlands )
Mike Jensen - Alive ( CWU )
Sarah Laruasen - Dead "Grid OfC Broke her neck"

Zeko Jilly - Alive ( City 45 )
C45.CCA.GRID.716 - 04 - Alive (Nexus)

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2012, 03:16:58 AM »
It's doesn't seem so hard to me to make a Lua script output all the OA bans into JSON, to parse the outputted JSON file by PHP script which would fill the database.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 03:20:13 AM by Khub »

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2012, 08:44:25 AM »
Worst case scenario, we'll just have to be on top of administrating for the first month or so and not be afraid to ban people. But we are the administration team and that's what we're here for, so I'm not going to complain.

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2012, 02:56:28 PM »
Te get your serial you open a ticket on cloud sixteen and they give it to you.
Truly it only took me 10 minutes to set my server up. Eventually you may be able to convert your sql databases to work with the new sorting of clockwork.

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2012, 08:04:25 PM »
Already been asked but I'm still fuzzy on this, will our characters + their items be transferred over?
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2012, 08:07:08 PM »
Already been asked but I'm still fuzzy on this, will our characters + their items be transferred over?

As RTLK said, no.

I could be wrong though.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2012, 09:01:05 PM »
I think items are the least of our worries lol.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal