Author Topic: (WIP) [SUGGESTION] S2K/S2M rules reform: Make it work for serious RP  (Read 1957 times)

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
These are the current rules

S2M (Shoot to Miss):
- Long distances
- Citizens (mostly)
- 03 and below

S2H (Shoot to Hit):
- All units at Mid Distances (within reason)
- 02 - OfC at far distances
- Citizens (VERY RARELY)
- Authed users that are authed to have marksmanship experience

S2K (Shoot to Kill):
- OTA
- Close range (WITH RP REASONS)
- 02+ at mid range
- DvL+ at far range (Within reason.  They wouldnt be able to S2K from the UCH to D2, but you know what I mean)

Ranges are described as:
Close: Up to distance from Nexus Side Airlock door to Side airlock door (about distance from center area in plaza to cwu wall.)
Mid: Up to length of catwalk bridge from D2 to wall
Far: Everything else

I suggest these or something along these lines:

Code: [Select]
S2M (Shoot to miss):
- ALWAYS, every unit, every resistance, untill...

S2K (Shoot to kill):
- An admin calls for S2K (in a large raid or server wide event)
- You PM your opponent, human or CP, and discuss whether to keep it S2M or turn it S2K (smaller firefights and skirmishes)

Shoot to miss rules:
- EVERY OOC shot will miss, it is up to the RPers to trade off hitting IC shots (you will be smart enough to know that you as an 05 will be very unlikely to hit a human at 150m with your pistol, while a rebel with an SMG behind cover will probably hit an 04 standing in the middle of the open).
- Long range shots can be RP'd over /events or /PMs depending on the "event" (a large outlands raid would probably use /events while a small firefight would use /PMs to RP long range shots

Shoot to kill rules:
- You don't over do it, let the gunfight flow and continue, but don't feel restricted, if someone runs out of cover start firing close to them, if they don't learn kill them (both CPs and resistance)
- If the event was made S2K by an admin or the event leader, that's final, no crying in OOC

-WIP, I might add more or change but leave your opinions-

Offline Orange - Cisco Certified

• aSK mE aBOUT mY pENIS
    • View Profile
    • Awards
When was the last time there was an actual gunfight in the city?

Unless this is mostly for outlands, then I can't agree with it because then we would be in the wrong for S2King/S2I a minge running away.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
any gun fights on any server, afaik mingerunners shouldnt be shot and should just be dealt with by admins

Offline Orange - Cisco Certified

• aSK mE aBOUT mY pENIS
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Because admins are on all the time.

Because I won't let anyone just lol run without being shot at.

Once they've been shot/killed, I can call the admin and have them force them to do pain RP

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The current rules are fine, the only thing that needs to be done, is for all of you with guns, to use some common sence in your gunfights.

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
IMO I think we should make every fight S2M/RP just do what HGN does and just make everything S2K (with gear returns and what-not planned beforehand) so that nobody cries.

Offline Rits

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: (WIP) [SUGGESTION] S2K/S2M rules reform: Make it work for serious RP
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 08:35:36 PM »
Also we need to make it clear that the pistol is not a machine gun just cause you have a mouse, you can't treat it as such. I think it is very not realistic that people do this unless they are trained like 01+. I see this a lot when i watch recruits in the streets treating people even 03s just I think its not realist and kind of ruins the game knowing I can get spammed with a pistol before even having time to react.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal