Author Topic: A question about authorizations  (Read 3397 times)

Offline LukeKaminski

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A question about authorizations
« on: May 04, 2012, 01:47:02 AM »
Please forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask, I didn't see a "help" section or whatever so I thought this would do.

I just thought I'd try to learn a little more here instead of just winging it in a auth app and potentially getting denied. I'm wondering exactly what is available. I've seen people request some interesting things and get accepted and thought "Do they really have those in the server?" or "Is that even possible?". I'm building a back-story to a resistance character, and I'm trying to get my hands on some sort of melee weapon, whether it be a knife, a baton (not a stun stick just a baton) or something like that. The reason I'm not sure is because I don't know what is possible on the server. I was thinking of something like a rusty old knife that I found and sharpened and cleaned up, but, will I actually end up with a knife in-game should my auth-app be accepted? Just not sure how that works if any of this makes sense?

Could I request access to very light, melee weapons to supplement my already present light black-market flags? I honestly would not sell them to random people or even normal resistance members, It would just be available should a really relevant RP event take place. I'm just trying to gauge what is too much to ask. I don't mean to sound like a noob but I'm just trying to learn more before I actually try to take on responsibility and hope that it would be seen as humble :P Thanks

YOU GOT KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT, BIATCH!

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: A question about authorizations
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 03:27:49 AM »
Restrictions:
No authorizations will be given via authorization applications for be the following:
Stalker
Any other NPC - headcrabs, zombies, seagulls, barnacles, etc
Any canon character - Alyx, Eli, Gordon, etc
Black Mesa employee/Black Mesa knowledge
SYNTH Units - hunters, striders, etc
Any flag (Tool Trust Applications are separate, those are the only flags gained by application)
Weapons/Ammunition - you cannot apply for weapons such as a pistol or SMG. You are allowed to apply for knives or  or gain them through IC purposes on the servers, but you MUST be able to provide a time and date of when you acquired this weapon when asked by an admin.
Resistance Vests
Special/Psychic Powers
Anything related to the CCA/Combine
Vehicles (Jeeps, etc)

The following require either RoflWaffle or Prox/Raiden to approve due to the nature of them:
Resistance Group Leadership (must be an established group)
Vests/Hand Made Armor/Uniform

A minimum post count of 10 is required before posting.

Any authorization can be revoked by an admin or higher for abuse or failure to use properly.

Anything related to the CCA/Combine is probably why you were denied.

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 04:43:07 AM »
Please forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask, I didn't see a "help" section or whatever so I thought this would do.

I just thought I'd try to learn a little more here instead of just winging it in a auth app and potentially getting denied. I'm wondering exactly what is available. I've seen people request some interesting things and get accepted and thought "Do they really have those in the server?" or "Is that even possible?". I'm building a back-story to a resistance character, and I'm trying to get my hands on some sort of melee weapon, whether it be a knife, a baton (not a stun stick just a baton) or something like that. The reason I'm not sure is because I don't know what is possible on the server. I was thinking of something like a rusty old knife that I found and sharpened and cleaned up, but, will I actually end up with a knife in-game should my auth-app be accepted? Just not sure how that works if any of this makes sense?

Could I request access to very light, melee weapons to supplement my already present light black-market flags? I honestly would not sell them to random people or even normal resistance members, It would just be available should a really relevant RP event take place. I'm just trying to gauge what is too much to ask. I don't mean to sound like a noob but I'm just trying to learn more before I actually try to take on responsibility and hope that it would be seen as humble :P Thanks

Post count = 6.

Probs want to get that up a bit buddy. People will get to know you more and in turn will trust you more.
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 09:31:22 AM »
Well unlike the others, ill answer your question.

You can get authorizations for a kinfe. However you wont receive an in-game item. Nobody does unless for aome reason an owner decides to add it to the game. People have bows and arrows, knives, binoculars, spears, anything you can think of thats realistic. These are IC items as in they arent actually in your inventory and you cant weild one. You put the item in your physical description (ie. 5'10|Black Hair|Green Jacket|Kitchen Knife|Black Backpack) to prevent asspulling and you can use the item by /mes (ie. /me draws his combat knife and threatens Jimmy with it.)

Its all serious rp. Most of the stuff isnt there. You gotta have imagination to see it. Thats the joy of serious rp.

Offline LukeKaminski

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 08:11:11 PM »
Thanks statua, some people just type without knowing what the hell they are typing apparently. But this is kinda what I thought, I guess I just don't trust in people to uphold the rp items, but I guess I should. I was just trying to figure out if you actually end up with those items as weapons etc. I assume "heavy" black-market flags would grant you to buy ammunition and pistols etc right? I also assume it is for long-time player and admins also? You answered most of my what I was trying to figure out, thanks.

YOU GOT KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT, BIATCH!

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 10:02:05 AM »
So you can apply for knives, I didn't think you could do that, cool!

Offline Blue Haze

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 11:12:47 AM »

Anything you apply for, you gotta have a good explanation/backstory along with it.
Characters

Trent (Davidson) Marlow - [ALIVE] - Getting people to do work for him, living near the Inn, back from his retreat.

Kelly (Lillians) Striker - [DEAD] - Found outside the old Bunker with many wounds suggesting a poison headcrab attack. All supplies but her clothes missing.

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 07:28:43 PM »

Anything you apply for, you gotta have a good explanation/backstory along with it.
That's the fun part, the best part about role-playing is making a fun back story.

Offline Blue Haze

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 07:37:35 AM »

That's the fun part, the best part about role-playing is making a fun back story.

Until you read over it and think you added too much irrelevant information.
Characters

Trent (Davidson) Marlow - [ALIVE] - Getting people to do work for him, living near the Inn, back from his retreat.

Kelly (Lillians) Striker - [DEAD] - Found outside the old Bunker with many wounds suggesting a poison headcrab attack. All supplies but her clothes missing.

Offline TorrentGamer ?Romney2012

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 08:54:23 AM »

Try to take that information out, then you get assfucked for not making a long enough application.
\\r\\ncolor annoys me, barely anyone is black, unlike last year\\r\\n
\\r\\n\\r\\n

Offline Blue Haze

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 08:04:53 PM »

Try to take that information out, then you get assfucked for not making a long enough application.

THEN IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO WIN IN THE END D:
Characters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal