Author Topic: Catalyst-Gaming Minecraft  (Read 16828 times)

Offline hogs

• [LOOC] Shane West: cash first.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Catalyst-Gaming Minecraft
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2013, 08:08:37 PM »
Exactly like you said yourself, step away from Gmod.
Minecraft is not fortwars, I don't want to build an impossible to raid fort just because there are some idiots around that love to steal and destroy stuff.
Minecraft is also not counterstrike or whatever fucking gamemode you want, it is about survival together. Not kill each other because you feel like it.

Minecraft started as a singleplayer survival game. The goal is to collect resources and create a base to protect yourself from Mobs, who spawn at night. The whole purpose of this making it multiplayer is so you can build a base together, and collect resources together. Not to destroy each other's base because whatever horrible reason you have.

as far as i know your base was raided on multiple occasions because you thought it'd be a good idea to build near spawn and stock your chests up with useful stuff

that whole 'survival' concept you're going on about was people nicking your shit and breaking things apart in the process to find it because they need it to survive

if you want to make a giant pretty fort with flowers and big farms and trees and pretty roses you'd be better off getting a private MC server for your personal friends only because not everybody has the same concept of MC survival as you

If I knew we were going to be so easy on raids, I would've never build near spawn.
My village was never 'raided on multiple occasions'. Part from people entering our village and leaving doors open (Making it pretty obvious that someone was there). But all that was up on the tree village were empty chests, aka nothing to steal to begin with. We store our stuff on different locations.

I create villages on MC for the looks and fun, not to build indestructible fortresses because SOME people cannot keep their hands of our stuff.
And if you feel the need to ruin someone elses fun by setting fire to their creations which doesn't gain you a single thing, then that is just a dick move. And exactly for those reasons, we will have rules against these kind of things.

The server was just launched in a rush, so it wasn't really waterproof against things like this where one doesn't really think about straight away. But this all will change in the future.

'i spent weeks building spawn city' ~ riemer
'the server was launched in a rush' ~ nicknero

great way to contradict your entire statement

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2013, 08:56:42 PM »

I create villages on MC for the looks and fun, not to build indestructible fortresses because SOME people cannot keep their hands of our stuff.
And if you feel the need to ruin someone elses fun by setting fire to their creations which doesn't gain you a single thing, then that is just a dick move. And exactly for those reasons, we will have rules against these kind of things.

The server was just launched in a rush, so it wasn't really waterproof against things like this where one doesn't really think about straight away. But this all will change in the future.

> "SOME people cannot keep their hands of our stuff."

It is survival people should be able to steal from unlocked chests to gather supplies to survive or better their odds of surviving.  adding a chest lock plugin like LWC is recommended to prevent players from being stolen from 24/7 which is not fun...

> "And if you feel the need to ruin someone elses fun by setting fire to their creations which doesn't gain you a single thing, then that is just a dick move. And exactly for those reasons, we will have rules against these kind of things."

This i can see... there is no benefit to randomly lighting peoples stuff on fire or... blowing little England to smithereens with TNT... (but then why isnt tnt disabled?)

However raiding, stealing (from unlocked chests), and killing should be allowed because it IS survival and all of these things are to gather supplies to survive.

For example: You are in the wild and you see an other player that could have supplies that you need/want.  You are equiped to kill them and get those supplies that you might need or want to survive.  you SHOULD be able to kill them.  it is a survival game there is no RDM there is survival (unless you are in town/faction)

Half Life 2 RP Characters

-David Collins | Citizen Healthcare Provider | Alive
-Hanz Schnider | Citizen | Alive
-C45.MPF.NOVA-04.634 | Alive
-Dan Shepard | Citizen | Alive

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2013, 09:24:55 PM »
'i spent weeks building spawn city' ~ riemer

Never have I ever said that. I made the temple and mansion in the space of four days and wake, nick, mmmaaattt94, and Ninja'd can attest to that. Please don't lie about things that I say.

Also, we severely underestimated how many problems there would be with griefing and misinterpretation of the rules.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 09:27:21 PM by Riemer?Phoenix »
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2013, 10:06:19 PM »
why dont you add the faction mod and make people shut their doors so that way bases/towns/cities cant be raided unless another faction declares war via script and then that'll solve all the bitching

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2013, 12:31:58 AM »
why dont you add the faction mod and make people shut their doors so that way bases/towns/cities cant be raided unless another faction declares war via script and then that'll solve all the bitching

Wake isn't sure about adding factions yet, that is more or less why this problem still exists IMO.
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2013, 12:38:20 AM »

Wake isn't sure about adding factions yet, that is more or less why this problem still exists IMO.

Factions would be the solution to most if not all your problems. Plus it prevents 'griefing' as you are unable to create or destroy blocks that do not belong to your faction or is uncontested. Plus its more fun and competitive that way. It allows people who still want to create and thrive to do their thing and allows other to PVP at their leisure so long as war is declared via the script like raged said.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2013, 01:48:06 AM »
not to mention an actual military would be needed/used in factions instead of it just being an ego role - who are you going to fight, creepers?

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Catalyst-Gaming Minecraft
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2013, 01:49:13 AM »

> "SOME people cannot keep their hands of our stuff."

It is survival people should be able to steal from unlocked chests to gather supplies to survive or better their odds of surviving.  adding a chest lock plugin like LWC is recommended to prevent players from being stolen from 24/7 which is not fun...

That is what I meant. Im not having a problem with people trying to steal some of your stuff, as long as it is not overdone. All I meant was the fact that people are going out to destroy your base just for fun. Aka griefing.

Breaking a few blocks to get somewhere is fine, but destroying entire places is not.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2013, 05:13:18 PM »
what if im afraid you'll find out i stole your stuff so in an attempt to slow you down from hunting me i destroyed half your base in the process so you'll be too busy repairing it so you won't kill me and i can survive

Offline hogs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2013, 08:13:44 PM »
what if im afraid you'll find out i stole your stuff so in an attempt to slow you down from hunting me i destroyed half your base in the process so you'll be too busy repairing it so you won't kill me and i can survive

and what if we need to raid your base and take all the carrots for survival because obviously we need their carrots because we don't have enough for ourselves
and we had to destroy half their base on the way out because we got lost

and the other half fell apart because we forgot the potatoes and we had to go an alternate way

does that count as griefing dr nick 'i do not like losing items because i build too close to spawn' nero?

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2013, 01:46:04 AM »
Maybe if you two use a LITTLE bit of common sense, you can answer those questions yourself.

Right now you are obviously trying to think of any bad excuse to loophole the rules.

Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline hogs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2013, 02:19:50 AM »
Maybe if you two use a LITTLE bit of common sense, you can answer those questions yourself.

Right now you are obviously trying to think of any bad excuse to loophole the rules.

on the topic of common sense why are you trying to put anti-grief rules on a survival server

griefing is a part of survival and i think you just need to accept that instead of moaning on the forums lol

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2013, 02:46:03 AM »

on the topic of common sense why are you trying to put anti-grief rules on a survival server

griefing is a part of survival and i think you just need to accept that instead of moaning on the forums lol

No, it's not. Stealing is, but griefing is just a purely dick move.

Offline hogs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2013, 03:18:25 AM »

so stealing cobblestone or wood off of somebodies house or taking their precious carrots and wheat is a 'dick move'

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2013, 06:51:07 AM »

so stealing cobblestone or wood off of somebodies house or taking their precious carrots and wheat is a 'dick move'
That kind of griefing is fine, and even says so in the rules. The rule clearly states "Do not grief. You may break blocks here and there during a raid, but don't completely demolish someone's house." That means don't set fire to someone's house if it's made of wood, don't plant TNT under it to watch it explode. That's just being a dick and we don't want that here.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal