Author Topic: Catalyst-Gaming Minecraft  (Read 16828 times)

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Catalyst-Gaming Minecraft
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2013, 03:30:29 AM »
This isn't a vanilla survival if you're just going to regulate how to survive, and play the game how it's meant to be played. Might as well make it a roleplaying server if you have to regulate raiding. And about that "just because there's no rule on it doesn't mean it exists," is a surefire way to have people get smart on you. You need rules set in stone, not some lazy oxymoron of an excuse. Players need to know what they can and can't do, without stressing administrators. Previous servers like Adam's were much better handled. You're just asking for all the right things to go wrong. As much as I show hostility, it's not. I don't intend any offense - just being the messenger boy of my thoughts.

Reading the board, hell, so much of the disagreement of administration and clear communication is obviously throwing the server off.

We've been trying to make it a factions server since before we moved onto the CG box, but progress towards that end has been painfully slow. And as for the rules, we quickly realized that if you give your average CG member an ounce of vagueness in the rules, it will be exploited to high hell.

I do have a plan to improve admin communication and add in some standardization of admin actions instead of arbitrary punishments that I shall try and put into effect tomorrow, after I come back from the dentist.

Things should improve drastically in a few days' time.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 03:32:58 AM by Riemer?Phoenix »
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2013, 09:29:40 AM »
This isn't a vanilla survival if you're just going to regulate how to survive, and play the game how it's meant to be played. Might as well make it a roleplaying server if you have to regulate raiding. And about that "just because there's no rule on it doesn't mean it exists," is a surefire way to have people get smart on you. You need rules set in stone, not some lazy oxymoron of an excuse. Players need to know what they can and can't do, without stressing administrators. Previous servers like Adam's were much better handled. You're just asking for all the right things to go wrong. As much as I show hostility, it's not. I don't intend any offense - just being the messenger boy of my thoughts.

Reading the board, hell, so much of the disagreement of administration and clear communication is obviously throwing the server off.

We've been trying to make it a factions server since before we moved onto the CG box, but progress towards that end has been painfully slow. And as for the rules, we quickly realized that if you give your average CG member an ounce of vagueness in the rules, it will be exploited to high hell.

I do have a plan to improve admin communication and add in some standardization of admin actions instead of arbitrary punishments that I shall try and put into effect tomorrow, after I come back from the dentist.

Factions would be amazing.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2013, 09:47:09 AM »
Factions probably aren't going to happen. When I get some free time, though I don't know when as I work everyday this week right after school, I'm going to start revamping everything. Rules will be set, in extreme detail, and strict. Riemer already said it. Most CG players find enjoyment out of trying to exploit rules instead of playing the damn game, and quite frankly it pisses me off. There aren't going to be many rules regarding killing besides what already exists. It's plain and simple: If you're just walking down the road and someone else is walking down the road, don't pull out your sword ad just kill them, collect their stuff, and walk away.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2013, 09:58:51 AM »
Factions probably aren't going to happen. When I get some free time, though I don't know when as I work everyday this week right after school, I'm going to start revamping everything. Rules will be set, in extreme detail, and strict. Riemer already said it. Most CG players find enjoyment out of trying to exploit rules instead of playing the damn game, and quite frankly it pisses me off. There aren't going to be many rules regarding killing besides what already exists. It's plain and simple: If you're just walking down the road and someone else is walking down the road, don't pull out your sword ad just kill them, collect their stuff, and walk away.

Also we need to think of a way to make whitelist applications harder, since right now any hurr and derp can get on the server to grief.
Heck, it even happened yesterday/today. Two of the bigger places to completely griefed to such a point where repairs are either going to be extremely hard, or just starting over completely unless we do a rollback, which is only going to be worse the longer it takes to find some free time for you. :c
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2013, 09:59:26 AM »

People aren't trying to exploit rules, they're trying to have fun and are being stopped by the rules which change depending on who's dealing with the issue, like I said about it's not the playerbases' fault if the rules are fairly vague and contradict each other

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2013, 10:15:29 AM »
So this is basically restricted survival, in the sense that you're free to operate within somewhat stupid rules? Yes I can kill people, but they must be doing an infringement against my current actions? The comparative between your description of rules and that of Gmod RP is outright daft; Minecraft and Gmod RP are two different kettles of fish and to treat them the same is foolish in its own right.
If I felt someone was a threat to my town and I thought he had items on him worth salvaging, surely in the realm of Minecraft survival I could waltz over to him and rip his body asunder? At times the rules seem to play-out more like DRM of an EA game — you punish those which abide over those which disobey.

That's just my opinion on this matter anyway.

THIS ^^^ Gmod IS a roleplaying game.... minecraft is not.  they are two different games.  I like roleplaying but when it comes to minecraft it can be done but minecraft is a survival gamemode and if PVP is on people should be able to engage in combat.  When making rules for this server we need to step AWAY from our Gmod Ideologies and take a fresh look at how minecraft is a different game from Gmod that is a primarily a survival game and not a RP game.
Half Life 2 RP Characters

-David Collins | Citizen Healthcare Provider | Alive
-Hanz Schnider | Citizen | Alive
-C45.MPF.NOVA-04.634 | Alive
-Dan Shepard | Citizen | Alive

Offline S?cojnr

• #1 CHAV
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2013, 10:24:27 AM »
Also we need to think of a way to make whitelist applications harder, since right now any hurr and derp can get on the server to grief.
Heck, it even happened yesterday/today. Two of the bigger places to completely griefed to such a point where repairs are either going to be extremely hard, or just starting over completely unless we do a rollback, which is only going to be worse the longer it takes to find some free time for you. :c

I was told whitelists were just there so that some random person that does not even play CG cannot come on and be dumb and grief it then leave.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2013, 10:27:15 AM »
So this is basically restricted survival, in the sense that you're free to operate within somewhat stupid rules? Yes I can kill people, but they must be doing an infringement against my current actions? The comparative between your description of rules and that of Gmod RP is outright daft; Minecraft and Gmod RP are two different kettles of fish and to treat them the same is foolish in its own right.
If I felt someone was a threat to my town and I thought he had items on him worth salvaging, surely in the realm of Minecraft survival I could waltz over to him and rip his body asunder? At times the rules seem to play-out more like DRM of an EA game — you punish those which abide over those which disobey.

THIS ^^^ Gmod IS a roleplaying game.... minecraft is not.  they are two different games.  I like roleplaying but when it comes to minecraft it can be done but minecraft is a survival gamemode and if PVP is on people should be able to engage in combat.  When making rules for this server we need to step AWAY from our Gmod Ideologies and take a fresh look at how minecraft is a different game from Gmod that is a primarily a survival game and not a RP game.

Exactly like you said yourself, step away from Gmod.
Minecraft is not fortwars, I don't want to build an impossible to raid fort just because there are some idiots around that love to steal and destroy stuff.
Minecraft is also not counterstrike or whatever fucking gamemode you want, it is about survival together. Not kill each other because you feel like it.

Minecraft started as a singleplayer survival game. The goal is to collect resources and create a base to protect yourself from Mobs, who spawn at night. The whole purpose of this making it multiplayer is so you can build a base together, and collect resources together. Not to destroy each other's base because whatever horrible reason you have.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Catalyst-Gaming Minecraft
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2013, 10:58:09 AM »

Minecraft is not fortwars, I don't want to build an impossible to raid fort just because there are some idiots around that love to steal and destroy stuff.
Minecraft is also not counterstrike or whatever fucking gamemode you want, it is about survival together. Not kill each other because you feel like it.

Minecraft started as a singleplayer survival game. The goal is to collect resources and create a base to protect yourself from Mobs, who spawn at night. The whole purpose of this making it multiplayer is so you can build a base together, and collect resources together. Not to destroy each other's base because whatever horrible reason you have.
There's no dedicated goal to multiplayer, you don't have to group up with people and build a base. It's survival, you should have to deal with other people being out to get your nice stuff. It adds more fun, but I will say you shouldn't be able to destroy other people's blocks when they're offline.

hello

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2013, 11:48:19 AM »

Gmod isn't an RP game and nor is minecraft, but both of them can be roleplayed in, it doesn't matter, I could roleplay on the forums right now even though forums aren't made for it

Offline S?cojnr

• #1 CHAV
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2013, 12:01:35 PM »
Look, we can all agree on one thing here. There should be a certain level of common sense on the server. We are all here to have fun on the game and so their needs to be certain rules and regulations to keep the peace. I feel that if someone just went around killing that would be boring for me but not for them. If someone wants to attack somewhere that is fine, but excessive attacking and killing is silly. If someone wants to have a fight then you can fight them but yeh.

The point is that we all just want to enjoy the game and should chill out.

Offline Katazuro

• Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2013, 04:28:39 PM »

This is excellent to hear, maybe might find the Catalyst-Gaming Minecraft might be my past time for quite a bit.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2013, 04:50:15 PM »

as far as i know your base was raided on multiple occasions because you thought it'd be a good idea to build near spawn and stock your chests up with useful stuff

that whole 'survival' concept you're going on about was people nicking your shit and breaking things apart in the process to find it because they need it to survive

if you want to make a giant pretty fort with flowers and big farms and trees and pretty roses you'd be better off getting a private MC server for your personal friends only because not everybody has the same concept of MC survival as you

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2013, 06:03:13 PM »

as far as i know your base was raided on multiple occasions because you thought it'd be a good idea to build near spawn and stock your chests up with useful stuff

that whole 'survival' concept you're going on about was people nicking your shit and breaking things apart in the process to find it because they need it to survive

if you want to make a giant pretty fort with flowers and big farms and trees and pretty roses you'd be better off getting a private MC server for your personal friends only because not everybody has the same concept of MC survival as you

If I knew we were going to be so easy on raids, I would've never build near spawn.
My village was never 'raided on multiple occasions'. Part from people entering our village and leaving doors open (Making it pretty obvious that someone was there). But all that was up on the tree village were empty chests, aka nothing to steal to begin with. We store our stuff on different locations.

I create villages on MC for the looks and fun, not to build indestructible fortresses because SOME people cannot keep their hands of our stuff.
And if you feel the need to ruin someone elses fun by setting fire to their creations which doesn't gain you a single thing, then that is just a dick move. And exactly for those reasons, we will have rules against these kind of things.

The server was just launched in a rush, so it wasn't really waterproof against things like this where one doesn't really think about straight away. But this all will change in the future.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2013, 06:47:24 PM »
we're not playing creative nick

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal