Author Topic: Catalyst-Gaming Minecraft  (Read 16833 times)

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Catalyst-Gaming Minecraft
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2013, 06:45:06 AM »
Karma said it. If you're walking by someone just don't instantly kill them. If they're not leaving your area, trying to rob, kill, or damage your house, then kill them.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2013, 06:56:46 AM »
So if they're walking by and they have diamond tools while I'm stuck with iron tools and I know they are low in health or something I am not allowed to walk out there and fuck them up for their gear in order to better my own survival? That doesn't seem right...

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2013, 07:02:42 AM »
Karma said it. If you're walking by someone just don't instantly kill them. If they're not leaving your area, trying to rob, kill, or damage your house, then kill them.

So I can kill someone robbing me but can't try and kill someone I'm robbing? The rules sort of contradict each other, on one hand you say killing is fine if someone is trying to "harm" you but why would anyone harm you if the only reason you can attack someone is if they attack you first?

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2013, 08:27:17 AM »

So I can kill someone robbing me but can't try and kill someone I'm robbing? The rules sort of contradict each other, on one hand you say killing is fine if someone is trying to "harm" you but why would anyone harm you if the only reason you can attack someone is if they attack you first?
You can kill the person you're robbing. All I'm saying is if you're being passive and just walking around don't randomly kill someone.

Offline DrVengeance

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2013, 04:10:46 PM »
So this is basically restricted survival, in the sense that you're free to operate within somewhat stupid rules? Yes I can kill people, but they must be doing an infringement against my current actions? The comparative between your description of rules and that of Gmod RP is outright daft; Minecraft and Gmod RP are two different kettles of fish and to treat them the same is foolish in its own right.
If I felt someone was a threat to my town and I thought he had items on him worth salvaging, surely in the realm of Minecraft survival I could waltz over to him and rip his body asunder? At times the rules seem to play-out more like DRM of an EA game — you punish those which abide over those which disobey.

That's just my opinion on this matter anyway.
have a nice day :)

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2013, 04:36:11 PM »
So this is basically restricted survival, in the sense that you're free to operate within somewhat stupid rules? Yes I can kill people, but they must be doing an infringement against my current actions? The comparative between your description of rules and that of Gmod RP is outright daft; Minecraft and Gmod RP are two different kettles of fish and to treat them the same is foolish in its own right.
If I felt someone was a threat to my town and I thought he had items on him worth salvaging, surely in the realm of Minecraft survival I could waltz over to him and rip his body asunder? At times the rules seem to play-out more like DRM of an EA game — you punish those which abide over those which disobey.

No, its more you have to have reason more than just he walked by me. If you are raiding, robbing, attacking, defending, or otherwise engaged in combat then its fine. But walking in a town (any town) without the intent to raid or no action against yourself it is not allowed to kill them.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2013, 05:32:01 PM »

No, its more you have to have reason more than just he walked by me. If you are raiding, robbing, attacking, defending, or otherwise engaged in combat then its fine. But walking in a town (any town) without the intent to raid or no action against yourself it is not allowed to kill them.

Ah, okay, that's a bit more clear. Thank you.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline RealDope

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2013, 06:01:13 PM »
So considering that killing and raiding is allowed now, can I be re-whitelisted? I was un-whitelisted for saying I was bored with the fact that there was no pvp allowed.

Also: Not to rain on everyone's parade here, but "killing for their stuff" and "not killing people who just walk by you" are going to kinda contradict here..

Also #2: There are only three rules on your "full list of rules" and the third one is that not all rules are listed on the "full list".
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 06:07:37 PM by Real14 »
HRP doesn't crash enough.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Catalyst-Gaming Minecraft
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2013, 06:40:07 PM »
So considering that killing and raiding is allowed now, can I be re-whitelisted? I was un-whitelisted for saying I was bored with the fact that there was no pvp allowed.

Also: Not to rain on everyone's parade here, but "killing for their stuff" and "not killing people who just walk by you" are going to kinda contradict here..

Also #2: There are only three rules on your "full list of rules" and the third one is that not all rules are listed on the "full list".

You were unwhitelisted and banned because you felt the need to grief a LOT of people by destroying their homes and looting chests, after being told not to do that, as well of clear evidence of using X-ray. So no, you wont be whitelisted.

Can we have this same rules regarding griefing please? Since I dont like to see my village being burned to the ground for no reason because someone felt like it...

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline hogs

• [LOOC] Shane West: cash first.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2013, 06:46:05 PM »

You were unwhitelisted and banned because you felt the need to grief a LOT of people by destroying their homes and looting chests, after being told not to do that, as well of clear evidence of using X-ray. So no, you wont be whitelisted.

Can we have this same rules regarding griefing please? Since I dont like to see my village being burned to the ground for no reason because someone felt like it...

but i want to burn your village to the ground because i'm claiming it as my own

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2013, 07:52:04 PM »

Added. Also revised rule 2.

Offline RealDope

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2013, 08:40:21 PM »

You're joking right?

First of all, I wouldn't consider griefing 2 houses "a LOT of people"? Secondly it most certainly was NOT "after" being told not to do that, it was after being told I COULD do that, and BEFORE being told I couldn't.

Let's look through what happened:

1. I killed somebody in the wild assuming that if pvp was enabled, killing was allowed. After killing him, he complained so I asked if it was allowed, an admin said yes.
2. I asked in TS3 if griefing was allowed (I had found a base and was interested in looting chests) there was some bickering, and the final answer given by Matt was that yes, griefing was allowed.
3. I grief a few bases (apparently taking stacks of diamonds from places that I could not have found when I never took a single diamond from anywhere, and only looted the chests in the middle of the rooms)
4. I'm thrown into lava by somebody else, all my stuff burned and progress gone (not punished, pvp is only disallowed when I do it)
5. People start complaining that I griefed their stuff
6. Admins on the server decide that griefing will NOT be allowed until further notice, so I stop and don't do any more.
7. I get bored and log off
8. I try to come back on, I'm unwhitelisted, reason being "griefing people and pvping" and my favorite "clear evidence of xraying".

I don't xray and didn't loot a single chest that was hidden anywhere? Please show me this "clear evidence of xray" as I am eager to see what players are able to make up to pin on others now. I only pvped and griefed DURING the time that it was "allowed" according to admins. This seems to me more like a flaw in the admining and a lack of agreement between admins than a mistake on my part.

This post will be pretty much completely ignored, I'll get the same response I did every other time which is: "You are staying unwhitelisted for pvping and griefing." Again, I don't see how this is my fault at all, I SPECIFICALLY asked about each rule before doing it, and got a YES answer to each one.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 08:42:29 PM by Real14 »
HRP doesn't crash enough.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2013, 08:51:15 PM »
assemble comrades to the defence of rabbi real14 we must vanguard him

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2013, 08:55:14 PM »

-snip-
Make a ban appeal in the ban appeal section under the Minecraft board. It's there for a reason.

Offline Katazuro

• Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2013, 12:54:42 AM »
This isn't a vanilla survival if you're just going to regulate how to survive, and play the game how it's meant to be played. Might as well make it a roleplaying server if you have to regulate raiding. And about that "just because there's no rule on it doesn't mean it exists," is a surefire way to have people get smart on you. You need rules set in stone, not some lazy oxymoron of an excuse. Players need to know what they can and can't do, without stressing administrators. Previous servers like Adam's were much better handled. You're just asking for all the right things to go wrong. As much as I show hostility, it's not. I don't intend any offense - just being the messenger boy of my thoughts.

Reading the board, hell, so much of the disagreement of administration and clear communication is obviously throwing the server off.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 01:02:36 AM by Katazuro »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal