Poll

Which listed map for City should we goto?

Stay on C18 until our NEW EDIT is done
16 (38.1%)
C45 (Not our edit)
4 (9.5%)
Stay on C18, forever
2 (4.8%)
City 8
14 (33.3%)
City 11
5 (11.9%)
Some other City map
1 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: What map should we goto?  (Read 6796 times)

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
What map should we goto?
« on: August 17, 2011, 10:58:00 PM »
I want to see your input on this major source of debate, vote and tell us why you think so.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: What map should we goto?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 11:15:38 PM »
       ...To reduce minges, all we need to do is switch back to City 8, or a similarly uncommon map. You may be asking, "Then why the hell haven't we done that yet?!" Well, the answer is playerbase. RoflWaffle greatly values playerbase, and I believe he doesn't want to part with City 18 because of the amount of users C18 attracts. This is somewhat understandable, because more players naturally equals more potential donators. From what I've heard, donations contribute immensely to server maitainance costs and such. However, a large proportion- possibly even the majority- of new users who visit the C18 server are either trolls or utterly new to serious roleplay gamemodes. There comes a time when one wonders which takes the higher priority: money or roleplay.

You might say, "With no money, there's no roleplay," and you would, in fact, be right. But the thing is, there are ways to increase the inflow of cash. Rofl's already added adverts to the forums, which could potentially make donations a non-issue. Maybe it already is. But if you're still hung up on donations, there are other ways to increase their frequency. It's as simple as thinking up some new donator benefits; making donating seem more worthwhile. A few new VIP/Gold rewards will bring an influx of donations to the community. With the combination of adverts and new donator benefits, attracting donations via map selection would cease to become an issue, and again, possibly already has.

With the playerbase issue eliminated, there is no reason to stay on City 18. City 18 is bland, but the primary problem with the map is the level of undesirable players it attracts. The standard of roleplay on City 8 was superb, at least compared to the current standard on C18. I propose the city server switch back to C8. The playerbase will decrease, true, but the fact is that City 18 attracts far too many trolls, minges, and immature kids. Staying on C18 simply is not worth it. On City 8, we will get fewer players, but the roleplayers we do get will be of far better quality. Quality over quantity.
o7

Offline Phalanx

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 11:16:29 PM »
I think we should stay on C18 until C32. I'm pretty sure c32 is gonna be better because statua is a pretty damn good map maker. C18 is overused.

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 11:20:02 PM »
Personally, I don't care as long as its not C18. Maybe just go on city 8 or something until city 32 is finished.
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 11:22:42 PM »
I think we should stay on C18 until C32. I'm pretty sure c32 is gonna be better because statua is a pretty damn good map maker. C18 is overused.

Uhh, if you read Statua's thread you would remember that making a new city map will take four to six months. That's a lot of time, especially of you allow for unforseen delays. Staying on C18 "until C32" is out of the question.
o7

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 12:44:39 AM »
Personally I hate the nexus in C8 its almost impossible to train recruits in breaching/teach my APEX shit.
I really would like to see it back but I would also like to see C45 back.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline LeninRoxSox

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 12:50:36 AM »
       ...To reduce minges, all we need to do is switch back to City 8, or a similarly uncommon map. You may be asking, "Then why the hell haven't we done that yet?!" Well, the answer is playerbase. RoflWaffle greatly values playerbase, and I believe he doesn't want to part with City 18 because of the amount of users C18 attracts. This is somewhat understandable, because more players naturally equals more potential donators. From what I've heard, donations contribute immensely to server maitainance costs and such. However, a large proportion- possibly even the majority- of new users who visit the C18 server are either trolls or utterly new to serious roleplay gamemodes. There comes a time when one wonders which takes the higher priority: money or roleplay.

You might say, "With no money, there's no roleplay," and you would, in fact, be right. But the thing is, there are ways to increase the inflow of cash. Rofl's already added adverts to the forums, which could potentially make donations a non-issue. Maybe it already is. But if you're still hung up on donations, there are other ways to increase their frequency. It's as simple as thinking up some new donator benefits; making donating seem more worthwhile. A few new VIP/Gold rewards will bring an influx of donations to the community. With the combination of adverts and new donator benefits, attracting donations via map selection would cease to become an issue, and again, possibly already has.

With the playerbase issue eliminated, there is no reason to stay on City 18. City 18 is bland, but the primary problem with the map is the level of undesirable players it attracts. The standard of roleplay on City 8 was superb, at least compared to the current standard on C18. I propose the city server switch back to C8. The playerbase will decrease, true, but the fact is that City 18 attracts far too many trolls, minges, and immature kids. Staying on C18 simply is not worth it. On City 8, we will get fewer players, but the roleplayers we do get will be of far better quality. Quality over quantity.
My thoughts almost exactly

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 01:10:14 AM »
I'd like to see the original C45. The sunny one.

Offline lemonshit

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 01:24:26 AM »
City11 for the reason being that it's small. It makes it look like there's a lot of people even if there's only 15 people on. And with 30+ people, it'll be like New York City.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 01:32:24 AM »
I would like to stay on city 18 until the Statua's map is finished. I understand that map development takes a long time, but on city 18 there is at least a chance to roleplay with some people, other maps = 0 people playing in my timezone.

Offline Calstifer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 04:11:12 AM »
Any map but C18 till '32.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2011, 07:35:06 AM »
C45 was a very good map. The one and only issue with this is the huge amount of crashes due to Kaz being a turbo derp and going far over the ent limit.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2011, 07:45:49 AM »
Remember guys Quantity > Quality

Meaning even if statua finishes his map in his "Set timeframe" roflwaffle would reject it with that reason.  The same reason being why we are back on shitty18.

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2011, 09:09:16 AM »
City 8 imo

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2011, 10:43:51 AM »
City11 for the reason being that it's small. It makes it look like there's a lot of people even if there's only 15 people on. And with 30+ people, it'll be like New York City.

Exactly, and the Nexus is uber boss.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal