Author Topic: Matthew Myron's Civil Authority Application  (Read 913 times)

Offline rtmbloo

• View Profile
    • Awards
Matthew Myron's Civil Authority Application
« on: December 22, 2011, 08:56:33 PM »
Matthew Myron's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Rtmbloo

IC Character Name: Matthew Myron

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
My character, Matthew Myron, wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority because of his complications he has had with the law in the past.   He wants to forget about these complications to start a new identity as an authority figure and enforcer of society. The rebellion never struck as a good opportunity to him, although countless times, he has been offered to leave the city. Joining the Combine Civil Authority was a dream of Matthew's and  he wanted to keep cities safe from people similar to his old self. He was beat up, robbed, and even contraband was planted on him at Sector 6 and he wants to defend those who don't deserve to be treated badly.
Since he doesn't agree with the rebellion at all, he really wants to go against them and show them who's boss on this planet. He speaks for the Combine and with the Combine. His goal since arriving in the city was to keep criminals away and the laws enforced. He promised himself that he would stay loyal no matter what obstacles he is put against. He believes he can make it as the best Combine Enforcer out there. He is determined to live his dreams and fulfill his goal.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Serious, intelligent, determined, trustworthy.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
I am expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be enriching for both me and my character. For me, I would imagine enforcing the law to apprehend citizens who decide to rebel or disobey laws. For my character, however, he'd probably be at a rough start. Due to his complications with the Combine beforehand, he may be glared at or ridiculed by the other authorities. In one day, he has even had 3 offenses, which affected his reputation. But looking away from the past, he will probably enjoy being in the Combine Civil Authority. The other members of the Authority would soon forgive him ,I presume, for he would show is skill and determination. He will remain very loyal to the Combine. Eventually, he will gain respect from the others and may even be a public icon to the Combine. This is meant to be an enlightening experience for me and Matthew Myron as it's something much different than being a citizen of the city.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
As a child, Matthew always seemed troubled. He was never happy, but he seemed to excel at everything. Therapy never changed his attitude, but yet, he remained intelligent, even more than most people. Teachers were impressed but his family wasn't, as they were known to be joyful and festive people. His family disowned him even though he had academic excellence. If he wasn't happy, then they didn't call him their son.Throughout high school, Matthew was bullied a lot for his excessive knowledge of technology and society. He always read books about the Universe and eventually developed the theory that Earth would be taken over at some point. Everyone laughed at him after presenting this information, as they didn't believe anything that they couldn't see. He graduated as Valedictorian and soon was on the way to success until he realized he didn't want to be a doctor, a professor, or a Scientist. He wanted to be a criminal, a notorious one at that. He started with petty theft and eventually worked his way up to full-out bank heists and even hacking the CIA to give himself money. He was on every wanted poster, on the news everyday, but was never caught. Right as he was about to be arrested, that's when the Combine came and saved him from the death sentence. He took this as an opening to start over, but eventually made the same mistakes in this Combine-run city he resided in. He was a criminal, but obviously couldn't get far with the advanced law enforcement that is called the Combine Civil Authority. He wants to now start fresh, as an enforcer rather than a criminal. He wants to forget about his past as a lawbreaker. Now, he is determined to become part of the CCA, as they are the reason he didn't get the death sentence. Matthew realized that he had to repay them and now he dreams to join, it's obvious that he is in their debt.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No, I have not.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
About a month.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
Just started recently, about 2 weeks.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
Two days.

4. What Time zone are you in?
Pacific

5. In what country do you live?
United States of America

6. How old are you?

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?
My most memorable RP experience was actually on this server, when I was interrogated by the combine for contraband. It was a great experience and I felt very immersed into the roleplaying.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes

IC Section

Full Name: Matthew Myron
CID: 58736
Height: 5' 8"
Hair Colour Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 150
Mental Distinctions: More intelligent than most.
Mental Defects: Can take many things too seriously.
Mental Advantages: Can solve problems with ease.
Notable Qualities: Educated, very loyal, confident.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
Yes, I have, twice for running in the city, and once I was accused for carrying contraband. I have learned from these mistakes now and will not perform the actions again. I was always looking for trouble, but not anymore.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes, but I cannot say I enjoy them. They do feed me, though, which is enough for me.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes, I would risk anything for the cause of the Civil Union.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes, I accept all responsibility of my actions.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Of course, even in the heavens I will remain loyal and faithful.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I want to let go of my past, become a new person, have a new identity as a law enforcer. I no longer want to be known as a criminal and I must stay loyal to the Combine after all they have done for me.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Matthew Myron hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Matthew Myron's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 06:32:37 AM »
UNIT: 522
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: Divisional Leader
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: Matthew Myron
Citizen Identification Number: 58736

Acceptance status:
<::|| DENIED ||::>

Reason:
<::|| Question 1 and 3 do not meet paragraph requirements. Backstory lacked proper detail of the Seven Hour War. Post requirement not met. ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting 522
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal