Author Topic: Resist~ A speech given over the City Eighteen broadcast system.  (Read 1347 times)

Offline Ice

• View Profile
    • Awards
** Jack Sment reverses the armband, setting down his suitcase and opening it up- Pulling from it a beanie and a datapad.
(I've moved to a Nexus access point here)
** Jack Sment crouches down, setting down the datapad next to him.

** Jack Sment removes a small crowbar from his cargo pocket, searching for a spot to wedge it in the panel.

** Jack Sment spies a small nick, jamming it in roughly and yanking it in an attempt to wrench the panel from the wall.

** Jack Sment succeeds in wrenching the panel from the wall, exposing a series of wires.

Jack Sment says "Heh, heh. Yes.."

** Jack Sment adjusts his glasses with one hand, setting down the crowbar.

** Jack Sment reaches in, yanking down a wire.

Jack Sment says "Hmm..."

Jack Sment says "Yes, this is the one I want."

** Jack Sment inserts the cord into one of the datapad ports, tapping a few commands on the screen.

A small burst of static is heard issuing from broadcast speakers across the city.

Jack Sment says "Aha, it works."

** Jack Sment taps a few more commands, disconnecting the datapad and shoving it in his pocket.

(At this point I've moved back to my station.)

** Jack Sment taps a few commands on the screen of the datapad again, sending the command to access video feed.

Static plays across the screens of televisions across the city, another burst of whitenoise playing through the speaker

The image of a man appears on the screen. He is wearing a beanie and civvies. A lambda armband across his arm.

The man opens his mouth, "Brothers....sisters. Citizens of City Eighteen. Hear me now and truly he listen." he says.

"Hear me now and listen, for my message will not be repeated," he continues.

"Recent events may be weighing heavy on your minds. Blood, death in the forms of zombies tearing apart your fellow man

He pauses, his eyes growing sad. "Think to what 'Our Glorious Union' did for us. NOTHING!" Saying this message, his face grows red and angry.
"They pushed us aside to tend to their own. Civil Protection... The irony is thick in the name." he says.

"Think about what they have done. Think about the injured who got no help."

"Think about those who were trapped inside the apartments while the zombies rent their flesh."

"Think of those who have no hope of their own...."

"Hope is our most powerful tool. Hope is the one thing that cannot be taken away from us."

"The more you attempt to destroy it. The more it grows."

"....The more people begin to find it."

"In dark alleys and dusty apartments. Everytime you hear that siren for a Judgement waiver."

"We can find hope and determination in our hearts."

He pauses, staring at the screen, "To RESIST!" he says in a near shout at the camera.
"Hide until the time is right! Find other likeminded people! Gather what supplies can be mustered."
"NOW IS THE TIME TO UNITE!"
"NOW IS THE TIME TO RESIST!"

"Now...is the time to step in and take what is ours." he says to the screen.

"Thank you for your time. Good night." The image freezes.

The man is stuck staring at the screen until the broadcast ends completely in a burst of static.

Dispatch broadcasts "Attention resident. Miscount detected in your block. Co-operation with your Civil Protection team permit full ration reward."

** Jack Sment reverses the armband, pocketing the beanie.

(I flee my place of hiding into the main city)

Dispatch broadcasts "Protection team alert. Evidence of anti-civil activity in this community. Code: ASSEMBLE, PLAN, CONTAIN."

Dispatch broadcasts "Citizen reminder. Inaction is conspiracy. Report counter behaviour to a Civil Protection team immediately."

An explosion is heard in the slums, the luxery apartments exploding in a burst of flames.

(This is me detonating the explosives in my station.)

Dispatch broadcasts "Attention all ground protection teams. Judgment waiver now in effect. Capital prosecution is discretionary."

Dispatch broadcasts "Attention protection team. Status evasion in progress in this community. RESPOND, ISOLATE, ENQUIRE."

Dispatch broadcasts "Alert community ground protection units, local unrest structure detected. ASSEMBLE, ADMINISTER, PACIFY."

Dispatch broadcasts "Attention all ground protection teams. Judgment waiver now in effect. Capital prosecution is discretionary."

Dispatch broadcasts "Attention please. Evasion behaviour consistent with mal-compliant defendant. Ground protection team, alert. Code: ISOLATE, EXPOSE, ADMINISTER."

** Jack Sment keeps the weapon tucked in his pants, under his shirt.

(I'm fleeing into the subway here)

** Jack Sment draws the weapon, holding it at the ready as he cracks the door open slowly.

(Checking for Civil Protection)

I die shortly after I enter the subway. Overwatch was called in and I was found and subsequently killed.

Yes, this was a server wide event. Yes, I am the user who created the event. Thanks to Greenblood (KG Gaming), YankeeSamurai, and RTLK. They were wonderful in helping this event to become a possibility/b]
goodmorrow

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Resist~ A speech given over the City Eighteen broadcast system.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 12:21:23 AM »
Moved to IC section.

Good job. I hope it turned out well.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 12:25:07 AM »
Sounds like it was pretty epic, wish I was on.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 12:26:36 AM »
Was pretty epic indeed.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal