Author Topic: Better RPers on their way?  (Read 2840 times)

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Better RPers on their way?
« on: January 21, 2012, 06:47:02 PM »
Lately, we've been getting applications for children, animals etc. And most of the backstories for these characters are making RP much more realistic for players, proving that maybe people in general are getting better at HL2RP. If we get more of these kinds of players, perhaps the days of trolls and minges will be a thing of the past (yeah right...).
im bach

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Better RPers on their way?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 07:03:11 PM »
I'm afraid I don't exactly... Get the point of this thread... Like, what's your point? (Yay for the better players?)

:l

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 07:31:42 PM »
I think it's just basiclly saying that it's possible people are getting better at roleplay and new roleplayers on the way I would guess....  I think the main idea of this topic was to start some sort of talk. I'm not really 100% sure on why this topic is here or how to respond to it. Now that I think about it.

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline The Pattywagon

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 11:08:43 PM »
I hope they are getting better. I keep getting guys with the black guy model (They always use it.) who come up and ask for beer or something. It is childish and annoying.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 11:12:10 PM »
Just because someone has an auth for an animal or child doesn't mean they are BETTER at rp...

You can be the best rper on the server with just 1 human character. It depends on how well and detailed your /me's are, how well you participate, and how you develop you're character via forums and game.

You never know what someone can do, it's hard to rp a child or animal.

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 06:04:25 AM »
I generally made this as a debate thread, for people to decide whether people are actually getting better or its just people making more applications.
im bach

Offline ElectricCake

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 08:07:36 AM »
Well, before this post was made, I did know how to RP well with a bit of decency, but seeing this actually is a bit cool, as having a pet dog (AKA Pet D.O.G), or a kid in your family in game. Thanks for showing this info with us. 

Offline psycho

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 11:07:24 AM »
It depends on how well and detailed your /me's are

I hate people who make this assumption. It doesn't take a good roleplayer to spend 5 minutes typing out his /me using tons of big words that no one understands. For the most part I agree with the rest of what you said, but detailed /me's have nothing to do with your roleplay ability. Roleplay ability is based on your ability to make your character as real as humanly possible, in the current situation he is in. Nothing is enjoyable about waiting for someone to type out two paragraphs when they could just type /me looks nervous.
game over

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 11:13:44 AM »
"/me looks nervous" isn't what I'd called "good rp", and it doesnt take long to type out "/me 's eyes dart nervously betting the group" which is only slightly longer but much more detailed, which as you say does add depth and realism to your character

lol a serious post

Offline Jasdahlk

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2012, 06:20:44 PM »
I got lucky and actually managed to find a couple people who are "good" role-players; they're detailed, they make their characters feel "real," and they're fun to play with.

I'm still having issues finding other people to play with though, which means when my current friends aren't on, I don't have anything to do. Most action in the city in the afternoon is watching people get shot at by CP guarding a shop.

But, if you're right, and we're getting more "good" role-players, then maybe I won't be so bored. :D
HL2RP Character(s):

John Ark (CID:88210) {} ALIVE {} Adjusting to life in City 45

Gerald Furman (CID: 14500) {} ALIVE {} Waiting for an inteview to join the CWU

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2012, 07:31:13 PM »
If only there could be perfect RPers. Too bad it'll never happen.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2012, 07:47:24 PM »
If only there could be perfect RPers. Too bad it'll never happen.
That post was almost completely unnecessary

But anyways, authorizations come and go and i would like to point out how people use them. Like with the first accepted child app, they said he had a knife. He then first day using his character, said that he punched a guy in the back of the head with his knife and should have knocked him out. I just think this is dumb because i don't know if this is just me... But not only am i not strong enough to knock a grown man out, but i wouldn't even want to try.

Offline Jasdahlk

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2012, 09:37:35 PM »
I just think this is dumb because i don't know if this is just me... But not only am i not strong enough to knock a grown man out, but i wouldn't even want to try.

Seriously... A kid in the HL2 universe wouldn't wander around hitting people with a knife, he'd probably be hiding from the CCA somewhere. Meh.

Part of the problem with roleplaying in a set universe is fitting your character into the rules that have already been made. Too many people seem to forget that the CCA doesn't like them, doesn't want them wandering around...
HL2RP Character(s):

John Ark (CID:88210) {} ALIVE {} Adjusting to life in City 45

Gerald Furman (CID: 14500) {} ALIVE {} Waiting for an inteview to join the CWU

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal