Author Topic: Fallout or Skyrim?  (Read 9819 times)

Offline Cat With A Mustache

• King of the 'stache
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Fallout or Skyrim?
« on: June 21, 2012, 09:52:18 PM »
Fallout is a great game, its a role-playing game with guns and choices ans such and set in a future time period after a giant ass nuclear war with Chine (I think) . Skyrim is the The same thing but involves swords, bows,magic, and is set in a time, i don't know, the past or something, anyways they both seem like great games, but i don't know what too choose. Fallout or Skyrim?

wait i dont get

thats what i said when i first learned about weaboo's, furries, and bronys

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Fallout or Skyrim?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 06:46:46 PM »
I have always liked the fantasy like game series Elder Scrolls, I am a nerd for that.. Fallout is however good as well and I would take either one.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 06:58:11 PM »
I like the aspects of both. Skyrim brings the mythical and fantasy aspects to the table, but I'd almost have to go with Fallout, because I like the post-war 1950's retro feel.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 07:09:03 PM »
In my honest opinion, when I played Fallout 3 and New Vegas, my mind was blown.  However, after playing Skyrim, I can't go back.

Offline xLazerz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 05:52:23 AM »
A very tough choice

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 05:57:58 AM »
In my honest opinion, when I played Fallout 3 and New Vegas, my mind was blown.  However, after playing Skyrim, I can't go back.

I have to say, New Vegas was good.. but it felt like I was playing Fallout 3 over again.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 05:59:22 AM »
They are both great games, although Skyrim really didn't keep me hooked on the game. I played it for a little bit, but I got bored of it easily. The quests you have to do are not that appealing to me and just the game bores me. It is fun when you come across a dragon when you are exploring, but other than that, the game just got really dull really fast. I like Fallout 10x more, as the quests you have to do are amazing and fun. When you explore I am mind blown, I walk to the top of a mountain and see the tall buildings of New Vegas, or I walk though a bunch of buildings and find a massive ship/town in fallout3. The Fallout series just seems so much better than the Elder Scroll series, although Oblivion was a really good game, a lot better than Skyrim.

tl;dr Fallout is better than Skyrim.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 06:27:32 AM »
For both Elder Scrolls and Fallout (that I've played) this is my opinion:

Fallout 2 & 1 > Morrorwind > Oblivion > Fallout 3 > Skyrim > Daggerfall

Best     ---------------------------------------------------- ------------ worst (but not bad)

Offline Calo Nord

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 07:26:28 AM »
The original Fallouts and Fallout 3 can't even be compared to any elder scrolls game. Fallout is just so much more immersive and and enjoyable, The Elder Scrolls just feels like some generic nerdy knights and dragons RPG, no where near as original as the Fallout series.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2012, 07:30:26 AM »
Wasteland nuclear apocalypse is original now?

Offline Calo Nord

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 07:36:13 AM »
Wasteland nuclear apocalypse is original now?

When Fallout originally came out, it was a somewhat original setting that hadn't really been done on the scale that Fallout did it. Also I have to say its 10x more original even now than The Elder Scroll's setting, yet that's just my opinion.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2012, 07:46:22 AM »
What's wrong with Morrowind? It's damn amazing
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 07:49:31 AM by Smt »

Offline Woods

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2012, 09:28:52 AM »
Fallout 3 was a very good game, however i haven't played skyrim.

Offline XxRunnxX

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2012, 02:23:38 PM »
Skyrim-Easier to mod, better character, wide variation of customization, not as creepy, Horker  ;D

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2012, 05:22:30 PM »
I am going to have to agree with cow on this one. While Skyrim is fun and enjoyable at first after a while it becomes dull and boring when the quests are running thin and they become even more non-exciting. Somewhere near the end of the game while I was playing my Two-Handed warrior I literally did not take damage and I killed everything in one swing. I had insane amounts of armor because of my heavily worked on heavily crafted and heavily enchanted armor (of the Daedric origin.) One of the main things I don't like about skyrim is the lack of choice in character skills, being limited to Thief, Warrior, and Mage is very boring even though there are some area's in them that are quite... Other worldy ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhBiNx749Zw )... One more thing is that while exploring you will always find yourself in either a plains or a forest which is very dull.

Fallout on the other hand has quests that are extremely fun and exciting and never really bore you even on the second playthrough. One thing about weapons in Fallout is that you either have a high powered weapon or a lot of ammo, not both which can and will balance out the game. Fallout gives you a lot of choices that your character can take unlike in Skyrim if you take time to think you can come up with almost anything that you want to fight as in Fallout. On this I agree with cow that in your exploration of the environment you can find almost anything and because of the good graphics it is pretty good eye candy when you stand atop a mountain to look down upon Vegas.

Fallout is the way to go in my opinion.
I have to kill fast and bullets too slow...

RoflWaffle: tryharding is a good thing in a way

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal