Author Topic: Vale senex  (Read 3146 times)

Vale senex
« on: December 07, 2011, 08:57:05 PM »
There stood a old man, so old infact that he welcomed his dad back from Korea.
He was standing on a bridge, looking down in to the canals he started to speak to him self.
"Your too old for this Matthew, too old to keep living like this"
He started talking to himself since he enter the outlands so long ago.

"What else can I do..." He said.
He sighed and said.
"The only damn thing I've been able to keep right since the war."
He started crying when he remembered a time when he once lived working in a hospital in the ER.

He remembered his wife who he lost in the war no more than a year ago.

"You have to do it Matt, there's probably not a lot left that can"

He was talking about the only two traits that have kept him alive: Medicine, And leadership.

He sighed and pulled out a rusty 357 and looked down on it

"This things gotten me no where."

He looks down at his fake leg which was made out of a bent piece of metal and flips out the cylinder of the .357 and frowns

"Out of ammo anyway." He said.

He tosses it out in to the canal and walks away.

He walks by the clinic, looking at a place that had once been an idea and is now proof of what they could achieve if humanity worked together.

"I hope to god it was worth it."

He was speaking of the ones lost: Such as the unknown man lied to rest out the back door, Or the combine spy he gunned down in cold blood.

He then continued to walk intill he reached the old alliance base and said:

"God rest their souls."

And walked away.

Intill he reached a strange area which he once used to enter the area and turned around and said:

"I swear on the lives of my wife and son I will be back."

And then he entered the strange area with a mission.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 10:27:27 AM by Juggernaut »
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Re: Dark Days.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 11:24:43 AM »
As he walked in the dark tunnel to the area that's called "No-mans land" in his mind he was thinking "What am I to do... How is he still alive after all this time?"

He saw the light at the end of the tunnel pulled out a tape recorder and hit the play button.

A strange voice over the speaker said "Its been a long time old man...... I think you would recognize the voice.... I want to meet you where it all began for you.... Where you chose this kind of life."

As Matt put the tape recorder away he walked out in to the light staring at a wasteland that was once a Forrest ravaged by the Seven Hour War.

Matt and encountered the area when he was traveling to the out-lands there it reminding him of Houston on that fateful day.

Matt's mind started to wounder to the memories and the pain

One year ago.

Matt was working over time in the clinic the portal storms growing worse and worse.. The soldiers defending the city from those.... Things where relentless.

His pager went off, He was called in to the clinic due to one of his nurses was having an issue managing the crowed.

When he got there he got every one to quiet down and he spoke softly.

"Please stay clam we are working as fast as we can but we're short handed as is please our nurses will make sure that you'll get a doctor soon enough."

He walked out and sighed as some one else came in for him to treat.

Half way through the sirens started to go off he went to the ham radio to investigate.. Next thing he knew the wall down the hall from his was gone and gun shots where raging out side.. He started getting people to evacuate when the clinic was hit again.. This time two of his nurses went down he went to get them but the wall beside him was blown up knocking him out........

Matt brought him self out of those memories and he started heading off in to the wasteland searching for the voice...
The impossible voice.....

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 12:08:55 PM »
As Matt started to walk the waste he was blocking the memories of what happened on that fateful day.

He came across a rock with the worlds written with charcoal across it "For the old man as he walks this road."

Matt bend down and uncovered a box holding in it: A old .357 revolver, a box of 30 rounds, And a audio tape.

He loaded the .357 and played loaded the tape in to the audio player and started it.

The impossible voice started to come over the speaker and it said slowly " So old man...... You now walk a path that you did a year ago...... The year that you make your self forget.... Because if you remember you might just lose your self..... Walk the path that you did a year ago find me..... We will end this.....

As the tape stopped he fell to the ground when he remembered what he did.....

Four years ago...

As he was walking along with soldiers he felt fear..

Fear for what laid a head for humanity.

He was brought out to be the medical aid in a camp trying to study the portal storms and their effects on the environment in the middle of a forest.
As he started getting settled in the best he can his mind wondered to his wife who he left in Houston...

Suddenly got shots started to ring out in to the night he ran out of his tent green lighting was being shot from the woods almost hitting him he ducked down and soldiers started firing on the aliens he remained under cover as the firefight continued then he heard one of the soldiers hit the ground he broke cover and rushed to him with not a medical kit he tried to treat the soldier the best he could but failed..
He grabbed the soldiers side arm and started taking pot shots at them and soon the firefight was over he dropped the pistol and went to check on the rest of the soldiers.

Matt forced the memories away and stood up pulled his .357 and cocked the hammer and continued to walk and soon over the radio he heard the impossible voice.

"As you walk this path old man..... Do you remember the lives you failed to save?.... Or the ones you took?"

Matt then said "Why are you doing this..... What did I do to you?"

The impossible voice said "You really don't remember do you? You blocked those memories.. Interesting....."

Matt replied "What Memories am I blocking?"

The voice said "Those that show that you are not the saint that you try to be.... You true self... The one that came out the day that you killed those soldiers....."

Matt set down and started making a make shift shelter as the sun started to set.
He was a afraid to go to sleep due to him remembering things that he must have blacked out....
Around midnight he dosed off.....

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 10:57:25 PM »
Four years ago....

As he was tending to the soldiers the C.O came up and said "What the hell where you thinking picking up that weapon?".

Matt replied furiously "What the hell do You think I was doing, I was saving your MEN!"

"Don't you dare yell at me Citizen, your only here because I needed a medic and we had you on hand." The soldier replied.

"Then send me home to Houston, just know that two of your soldiers are dead and I'm trying to save a third." Matt yelled at the C.O.
 The Soldier grunted and walked away and Matt started work on the third soldier.

Three hours later....

Matt was walking out of the camp to get rid of some waste when suddenly he gets hit on top of the head and falls down knocked out.

When he comes too hes surrounded by strange aliens speaking in a strange voice pattern that Matt couldn't under stand.

"What do you want with me?!" Matt yelled

One of the aliens came closer with a yellowish green ooze coming out from under his hand and another alien makes a strange sound while pointing to other.

After a few seconds Matt said "Wait... Is he shot? Do you want me to treat it?

The alien nodded.

As Matt helped him self up the other aliens started moving away from him and he went closer to the injured one, slowly reached out and moved its hand way from its chest and look at the large bullet hole in its chest.

"Oh god.... I'm so sorry." Matt said.

The alien looked up at Matt as he looked around and saw all the injuries they had.

"Wait... If I'm not dead then you aren't invading are you?" Matt asked.
The aliens looked at him giving him a strange sence of being right...
"If your not invading.... Yet your coming over here in large number-" Matt was cut off as gun fire started and he ducked down and looked as the soldiers shot the closest wounded alien and started firing at the rest.

Matt jumped at the soldiers yelling "STOP FIRING THEIR FRIENDLY, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?" One of the soldiers shoved Matt to the ground and then was hit by a bolt of green lighting, falling to the ground he dropped his gun and Matt grabbed it. There were three humans to 7 aliens that could barely defend them self's, Matt picked up the gun taking aim fired at one of the soldiers hitting him in the leg and the side.

As the other soldiers turned to look at Matt they were hit by the strange green lighting falling to the ground.
Matt dropped the gun and yelled "WHAT HAVE I DONE" And then fell to the ground.

Matt got up after an hour the aliens where gone with out a trace so he started heading in the area that the soldiers came from finding the camp again he got in and got on the radio saying "This is research base charlie does any one come in?".

A voice came over the radio saying "Copy charlie, Send message."

"Base charlie compromised need pickup." Matt replied.

The voice over the radio asked "Please ID your self?"
Matt replied "Doctor Matthew Henderson working for team as field medic"

The voice over the radio said "Sorry EVAC orders can only come from your C.O please get him so we can get you out of there.

Four years later.

Matt wakes up with a start and pulls his gun looking around.

It was around nine so he started packing up half way done a zombie came walking up wearing Camo he pulls his .357 aims for the head and at 20 feet fires taking the headcrab off of the zombie, he holsters it and hears over the radio " Do you remember yet old man? Remember why this place is where you became?" Matt then realizes who the voice is the impossible voice. Matt calmly said over the radio"Captain Please.... Lets talk this over-" Then the long lost soldier interrupted "There was no talking when you killed my men... When you gunned those soldiers down WHEN YOU SHOT ME...... Why should I talk to you? Because you can't surprise me in this wasteland.... No where to ambush from.... No way to take me out at a distance..... Its going to be a fair fight unlike what my men had." Matt replied "THEY were murdering the vort's I wasn't just going to stand around while People in need of help where murdered on the spot asking for aid..."
"I didn't see you calling them people when you shot one of them...." Said the soldier.
Matt replied "I was never there when the firefights started I always assumed that they started it."
The soldier then said "It doesn't matter now tomorrow we'll meet and have a final show down..."

Please tell me what you are thinking of this so far.

Offline Phalanx

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 11:14:43 PM »
Damn nigga this is an awesome, intense, and chock-filled with action. Keep it up.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 11:15:02 PM »
Your real good at writing Jugger. Keep these up, I'll continue to read them if you do. :)

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 10:39:01 AM »
One year ago...

Matt was running faster than he ever thought possible...
Some alien military was invading killing every one... He took cover has he spotted some strange soldiers turning around at the sound of his running, the only thing in his mind was to get home and get her out of here...
the soldiers kept moving along as Matt took off trying to get home when he made it dodging soldiers and monsters alike he came to his worst fear.....

His house was destroyed.
Matt went in to the rubble looking around for her.. His wife.. The woman hes loved since he laid eyes on her.

He found her.

She was dead.... Her body laying on the floor broken, he sat down next to her crying this eyes out... The woman who hes loved for 30 years... Gone....

After spending an hour crying he picked up her body and started moving back to the clinic. Encountering neither soldier nor monster on his way, when he made it there he found a shovel and started digging.

Half way in a alien came up to him staring, when Matt finished he looked up and asked for help the alien nodded slowly moving over to the body they both picked her up and slowly lowered them selves in with her. The alien quickly climbed up while Matt remained staring at his dead wife, slowly climbing out he grabbed the shovel and lowered the dirt on the body, he found some broken wooden planks and he made a cross from it and dug it in to the ground marking the grave. He bent down beside it and said "I'll come back....".

A year later.

When he started moving he started encountering more and more zombies, fighting through them he started making his way to where the old camp was not for revenge but for forgiveness, he never forgave him self for what he had to do but this wasn't the way this needed to end, if he could talk the captain down he could get him to go to the clinic and teach them kids how to fight and give hope to a land which has lost it.

As he was moving he started falling back in to his memories.

Four years ago.

Matt got up from the desk and realized that the Captain wasn't in the fight, he started to look for him searching the whole camp he couldn't find him. Matt started making his way to the radio when he heard a click come from behind him followed by "If you turn I'll blast your head off you traitor." Matt replied "Captain... They were murdering those aliens, Those aliens are peaceful sir." " Don't brother calling me sir you won't live long enough for it to matter" The Captain said. Cries start ringing out all over the Forrest from those strange skinny zombies.
"Look arrest me but it won't matter much in a few minutes they're coming for us!" Matt said turning around. The Captain stuck the barrel in his face and said "It won't matter EVAC is coming but only one of us is getting out of here." Matt quickly grabbed the barrel of the weapon and twisted it out of his hand and went to bring it up to be hit in the gut by the Captains head, "You shouldn't have done that old man" he said.

Matt threw the weapon when he was hit and the Captain started to move to it he quickly jumped up and charged the Captain in the back slamming him in to the ground, then jumped and grabbed the weapon and pointed it at the Captain saying "Please don't make me..."
"It won't matter an airstrike is coming they're under orders to pick me up and me only!" The captain replied.

Matt took off with the gun heading for the radio when he heard the sounds of a helicopter he turned and watched the captain bored and it take off when suddenly a flying monster came over and destroyed it and started attacking the camp, Matt turned and started heading to the woods when he encountered the same group of aliens as before and he said "We need to get out of here there's an airstrike coming!"
They quickly made circle around him and started chanting in a strange voice forming a purple wall around their hands Matt heard a plane over head and quickly looked up to see it dropping one massive bomb he ducked down covering his eyes and heard a massive bang and was thrown off his feet.

When he came too he looked around and the aliens where gone he stood up and saw a V-22 osprey land no more than 100 yards from where he was laying, he took off running with his hands up yelling " DON'T SHOOT DON'T SHOOT, I'M UNARMED I'M FRIENDLY!" the soldiers quickly grabbed him and got in inside were they took off.

Re: Vale senex
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 05:17:50 PM »
Still heading east he was almost at the spot where the old camp once was.

His mind clearer than its been since the war, He knew what he needed to do, what needs to happen.
As the old man got to the camp he stared the Captain in the eyes and said "I'm so sorry."
"It does not matter what you say old man..... my team will still be dead and you would be the one that caused it." The Captain replied.
"I know that now... I was defending people who are now our allies!" Matt said.
"Allies? I will never work with such... Filth. The Captain replied.

At the last word Matt lowered his hand close to his .357.

"So you think that you and I will have a shoot out here and now?" The Captain Asked

"No... Captain you can help the resistance.. They are lost with no training what so ever." Matt replied.
"Why would I help people who work with the aliens?" He asked.
"Because as much as you hate them you still have a duty to your self..." Matt replied.
"Duty to my self? No such thing.... The only thing I want is your death..." The Captain replied.
"Then why did you give me a gun? Why did you give me the supplies needed to survive?" Matt asked.
"Because if any one or any thing were to put you down that wasn't me.... All this would be for nothing..." The Captain replied.
"All this?" Matt asked.

"You've been fighting zombies on there way here yes? The area you came from will be swarming with them in a matter of hours.. You can never go back." The Captain.

Matt fell down on his knees and looked The Captain with rage in his eyes.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!" Matt yelled.

"The same as you.. You destroyed my world I will destroy yours." The Captain replied.

Matt stood up and turn around to head back when he heard a click from behind.

"Please.... They're the only thing I care about in this world." Matt said turning around.

The Captain stood there with a 9mm in hand.

Why do you think I'm doing this" He said.

"You and I can fight to the ends of the EARTH for all I care.. But if one of those zombies gets in.... You'll wish you died in that crash." Matt said sitting down.

"I didn't want to kill them.... I was shooting to get them away from the vorts..... Look do what you will to me... Just let them live." Matt said.

The Captain looked him in the eye bent down and opened a small container with what looked to be a detonator.

Matt looked at him he flipped a switch and pulled the trigger, a large Explosion range came from the west and Matt turned to look.

"Their safe..." The Captain said.

Matt turned and said "Thank you.."

Then the captain looked down and said "The only other exit is the west... I'm heading that way.. I'm finished with this stupidity."

He then turned around and walked away with Matt staring at his back Matt said "I am truly sorry."

The Captain replied "Save it." and kept walking.

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 01:44:39 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmVAWKfJ4Go

Matt stood there thinking to himself for an unknown amount of time then looked around and saw one last tape loaded in to his audio player, the captains voice started to come through it.
"If you listening to this old man...... Then I am dead.. Or less likely defeated, if I survive then I want you to remember that people like us.. We keep the world going... Keep it sane for the many... You use to be be one of them... But things like that...
They change quickly.. If I did not survive I want you to keep heading east.. There is a refugee camp close by... I want you to assist them they will soon come under combine attack.. I want you to help them.. If you can stomach it."
Then the tape ended.

Matt sat down knowing what he must do those people still he his help... The Captain needed his help, he had a chance to redeem him self once and for all.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 06:14:02 PM by Juggernaut »

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 07:57:39 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV4oYkIeGJc

Slowly sitting down on the chair the Old man looked up in to the mask of a Civil Protection Unit.

The Unit stood their stun baton clenched in its hand and slowly said "How did you do it?"

The Old man quickly said "Did what?"

The Unit quickly raised his stun baton and said "If you want to make it out of here you better start from the begging".

Three months ago

Matt was moving east to the area of the map which the Captain highlighted, moving as quick as he could he quickly reached a clift and saw a few buildings and moved in to the closest one to stay for the night when just out side the door he heard the sound of a shotgun being racked he stopped put his hands up and heard "Gonna explain whatcha doing here friend?"

"Just looking for a place to stay for the night, but I guess I'll keep moving."
Matt replied.

The man lowed the shotgun and said "Who am I to kick an old man on his behind.

Matt lowered his hands and processed in still watching the strange man but quickly fell asleep.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 08:03:46 PM by Juggernaut »

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 05:27:20 PM »
http://youtu.be/eJlN9jdQFSc?t=10s
Is this him?

Yeah, why are you here Oldman?

Matt was waken up by some one kicking his good leg.

Hmm, whats going on? Matt said.

Matt opened his eyes to be looking in to the face of The Captain.

I see I made it...Matt continued.

Why are you here? The Captain repeated.

Redemption.Matt stated.

The Captain turned around and walked away laughing.

Whats so funny?Matt asked.

The combine are coming and we got no way to hold out till we get every one out of here. The strange man replied,

Matt slowly and painfully stood up and dusted him self off just as The Captain walked in to the room.

What supplies do we have?Matt asked.

Not enough.The Captain replied pointing in to a room.

Matt quickly limped in to the room and looked at the supplies to find that The Captain was right only a few hand grenades a single mortar shell and two SMG mags, he pointed at the mortar shell and asked Is that what I think it is?

Yes, a 50mm mortar shell...The Captain replied.

The trigger is bad and we have no idea of it can be of any use.He continued.

Matt quickly asked "How are y'all getting out?

Tunnels in the back, there are chock points that are working against us. The man stated.

Matt replied with "Can you fit every one in to the tunnels cause if so we can blast the place taking the Combine with it."

The Captain sighed and said "No supplies for a trip wire and they don't have enough electric wiring to reach inside of the tunnels."

But enough to wire it all up... A suicide mission.Matt said.

Yes but we still need to get the TNT out of the mortar shell and if its any good we use it and that thing some one found in a area in Germany we'd be lucky if it doesn't go off before then.The Captain said.

The person close to it would be killed by the combine before he could set it off there's only one weak point in the building.The man said.

With this much I wouldn't be amazed if it destroys the tunnels let alone properly block them off giving us time to get out and even then who would do it? You got a wife among themThe Captain ranted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeKonj9Rg3c

I will......Matt said quietly.

They both looked at him, not a sound on the earth, only broken by
"Are you sure?" The Captain asked.

I got nothing to live for... My whole family is dead, All of my friends are dead or I have no way to get to them.... Matt said.

I'm dyeing.Matt said.

The Captain just glared at him.

Some would say "Old age"...

That's why I came here, that's why I'm doing all of this, so that I can to give y'all a fighting chance.

I'd be lucky if I make it another month..
Matt stated.

Do you know what it is? The Captain said.

Matt replied "No clue, got no way to detect it other than I feel my self slowly and painfully leaving this earth"

We'd better get ready they'll be here soon. The man said.

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 10:41:37 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N3N1MlvVc4

Matt was sitting down just staring at his feet not a single thought in his mind.

It's time.... they'll be here very soon.

Matt quickly stood up and walked in to the main room looking around.

He saw the mortar shell by the door and the grenades on each of the support beam all connected with electric wiring.

The Captain came up to him and said "When its time... Connect those to wires" pointing at and the end of the wiring which was striped bare and another wire connected to a car battery also striped bare.

"Right before you do pull the wire connected to the grenades that'll pull the pins and they'll go off."

Matt nodded.

"If the mortar shell doesn't.. said The Captain.

"I know... Go in to the tunnels I'll be fine. Matt said.

The Captain nodded and went in, Matt sat down by the wires and waited for what felt like hours.

When he heard sounds coming from out side the building he quickly grabbed the wires and got him self some cover, when he heard the breach charge go off he peaked his head around the cover looked in to the eyes of a combine soldier and got back behind cover as he started shooting.

"Anti-citizen four confirmed at 10-20".

Matt took a deep breath and pulled the wire as hard as he could then connected the wires, sending a pulse of electricity to the TNT inside the mortar shell setting it off.

http://youtu.be/XGZ0ULOL-mo?t=4s

From inside the tunnels The Captain turned around as he heard them breach then ran as quick as he could after he heard the mortar shell go off and then the grenades he knew that the Old man was finished and kept going.

"Confirm Anti-citizen four amputated."

"Affirmative."

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 11:03:55 AM »
"So... That still doesn't tell me how you got In the city."

The Man in the chair looked up and slowly started to speak in a soft deep voice.

"Fate"

The Unit threw down the baton and drew his pistol and took aim for the mans head.

"If you want to make it out of this room you better tell me... Old Man."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I80pc9jZ_t8

The man on the chair slow smiled.

"I managed to find a break in the sewers And followed it and came out in the Canals there I just followed it to an exit in the city."

"Records show you died...." The Unit said.

"Ah but as fate would have it, the first blast collapse the floor under me and I fell in to a sink hole next to the tunnels all I had to do was slowly dig my way in to the tunnels wait for the every one else to get out dump the ruined uniform and "barrow" one from a citizen who was no longer going to use them." The old man replied.

And the body? The Unit asked.

The Old Man quickly replied with "The body of a fallen comrade that they left behind, with how the building fell it made it look like he was where I was."

"So where does this leave me?" The Old Man asked.

The Unit chuckled and replied with "Dead"

The Old Man closed his eyes and awaited the gun shot that will take him from the world and reunite him with his wife and son.

But the shot never came, instead in its place it was replace with the unit talking over the radio saying "The some one forgot to log him getting in to S6..."

The Old Man opened his eyes to find the unit holstered his pistol and was walking to the console.

"Why?" Those where the only worlds that The Old Man could get out of his mouth.

Because even if you are who this thing says you are... There's no way I'm killing my grandfather." The unit replied

"What about any recording of this?"The Old Man asked.

"I'll take care of it, or it'll be a while before they figure it out." He replied.

The unit went over to the door and opened it and said "Your free to go."

As the Old Man was walking past the unit he whispered "Thanks Jake."

And thus the story is at its end, I had a great time making this and I hope to see you in the servers soon enough.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 01:39:33 PM by The Doctor? RIP juggernaut »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal