Author Topic: Guns ?  (Read 1880 times)

Offline Ipwnedx

• View Profile
    • Awards
Guns ?
« on: October 17, 2011, 06:33:49 PM »
Well I was wondering where on earth do you get guns and ammo at? I am a newbie, I am just a little curious. I am thinking of donating so I might have a lot of credits.
If anyone is willing to, could they give me a brief tutorial on how to get guns and items and such?
Thanks a lot!

Re: Guns ?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 07:18:40 PM »
Guns are available on random drop by admins in the outlands only. Ammo is extremely rare, and nobody will ever trade you for ammo. Believe me, I have tried. Guns, however, while not common are not rare, and many people have them. Seriously though, what use is a gun without ammo?
Kathryn Williams
Now in the trading business with Angus Buchanan.
Val'Nok Rotuk
Lost in the canals.
Ember Olliver (Tier-3)
Enjoying her new CWU Winter Coat.
C45.CCA.GRID-01.414
Look at my dress, my dress is amazing.
UU.OTA.REAPER-EtL.73092
Does anyone else taste metal and see red?

Offline TorrentGamer ?Romney2012

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 08:03:38 PM »
There needs to be a little more gun circulation in my opinion, even in the city slums. Because, if this was IRL there WOULD be weapons hidden in such places.
\\r\\ncolor annoys me, barely anyone is black, unlike last year\\r\\n
\\r\\n\\r\\n

Offline TylerPirrilo

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 09:00:33 PM »
This is Half life 2.Not Rl,and im pretty sure there is a rule about guns in the city.
** CCA.C8-NOVA-OfC.(A).501 // bolts in, spraying shotgun shells at the fagalol while fapping furiously
[LOOC] C8.CCA.GRID-03.423X: heres your present :D
[LOOC] C8.CCA.APEX-02.246: stunbatonnzz
** C8.CCA.GRID-03.423X hands him a couch
** CCA.C8-NOVA-OfC.(A).501 // cums all over the corpses while shouting and sticking out his tounge
[LOOC] C8.CCA.APEX-02.246: lol
Aftering Giveing him his present I hit him with my stun baton yelling
C8.CCA.GRID-03.423X yells "<:: FUCK YOUR COUCH NIGGA

Offline GeneralTrivium

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 03:02:55 AM »
In real life maybe (in gun-filled countries like America). But this isn't real-life, it's Half-Life 2, everything coming in and out of the city is monitored extensively, meaning little to no weapons making it into the city. Weapons also need a lot of responsibility, i've seen instances of RDM by people somehow getting their hands on AR2s. So weapons in the city should be a very rare occurance and used only by mature RPers who know what they're doing.

Which is why getting into the CCA is so strenuous, because you're basically getting free weapons on every spawn.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 03:04:53 AM by GeneralTrivium »

Da HkKillermind

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 07:46:05 PM »
@ GeneralTrivium,Your right, i myself am a newbie too, but i think Shoot to Miss is good RP, and should be used whenever in a firefight.

Also, you can get guns from dead people that had a gun before they died. you used to be able to do this to CP's with your fistrs, but because fists are disabled ATM. I dont think its possible. (This paragraph is for the guy who wants to know how to get guns)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 07:48:06 PM by Da HkKillermind »

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 02:38:54 AM »
Weapons in both outlands and city should be earned over a long period of character development, and should only be trusted in capable and experienced role-players hands. The current circulation of weapons in mainly the outlands is horrible, nearly everyone has a weapon and if you don't you will gain it within a day. That simply is unacceptable, and when they outlands is back up I'll see to it that it's changed. But within the city, it's at a somewhat reasonable level. Not many people have weapons, and the ones that do don't seem to mistreat the privilege of having one.
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 12:45:47 PM »
I agree with SkeptiK,the City gun circulation is good,but outlands is terribly unbalanced.
Though after the update to the Outlands map, I've seen less weapons on the ground.
Ammo is still as always... Refusing to show its face to me. Almost everyone on Outlands who has ammo donated.
I'll probally be donating in the near future for some pistol ammo. My shotgun is lonely  :-[

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal