Author Topic: Price Masterson's Authorization Application  (Read 2514 times)

Offline Reaver

• THE CRAB MOTHER
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Price Masterson's Authorization Application
« on: August 30, 2012, 10:10:24 AM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Reaver
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): For years.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: Two years.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
-A dusty checkered suit.
-A black, finished hard-wood cane complete with neigh-shattered crystalline pommel.
-A stark white fedora, although due to excessive wear-and-tear, it is falling apart.
-Psoriasis and Vertigo-These are both conditions, while Vertigo is an inner-ear problem that causes dizziness, Psoriasis is a disease that causes red scaly patches on the skin, from too much or too little sun-light.
-Several small bottles of pills, ranging from pain-killers to pills for Vertigo and Psoriasis treatment.
-Provisions, including several small things such as Debby Cakes, Alcohol, chips and multiple other small brand name food-stuffs.
-Three small boxes of Cuban Cigars.
-Skills with a rifle.
-A CA model, this one is big. I would very much like to use the CA model, as I am in a suit..I understand the fact that I can RP it, but my preference would be to use the model that is there, readily available. So...please. Thank you.

Name: Price Masterson
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
It was a normal autumn day when Price awoke from his strictly scheduled sleep. With a groan and a yawn, the man lifted himself from his bed, idly scratching at his 5'o'clock shadow as he peered into the mirror. What a mess he was, his hair stuck out at odd intervals and there were large bags under his striking green eyes. It comes with old age, I guess. Nothing to worry about, everyone goes through it at some point of their lives. With a sigh, the mans gives a cursory glance towards the multiple sores that spotted his body like chicken-pocks. Grimacing, he can't help but think how annoying these little fuckers are. They pop out of nowhere and make him look like a fucking weirdo. Great, more of a reason for his wife not to touch him. Because that's what he needs, a woman who sleeps in the same room as him, but refuses to so much as look at him for longer than thirty seconds. His marriage was on the rocks as it was, and he was sure as shit that it would have already been over if it wasn't for Corran, his seven year old son. The only times Delilah and him even pass a smile to one another is at the dinner table, when Corran is giggling, their new kitten hopping onto his lap. Oh well, nothing can be done about that, so he might as well just accept the fact that his family life was in shambles. At least he had work, something that would normally be a hell-hole, but was a quiet solace, giving Price a hiatus, time away from the stressful life at home.

After draping himself in the normal suit and tie, Price admired himself through the glass of his wife's shelves, which were lined with Boyd's Bears of all shapes and sizes. Those fucking bears. She cared more about them than she did Price, and he had fantasized about feeding them all to the rottweiler next door, that would teach her. Snapping out of his momentary lapse of focus, he stared at his reflection a few moments more. Juxtaposed against the tiny bears, with their brown fur and beady black eyes. He looked like a prissy faggot. Wonderful. Delilah sat on the pale living-room sofa, thumbing through her latest issue of People magazine. She barely gave heed to Price's obvious leave, offering a single curt nod in his direction, responded to promptly by a spite-filled grunt back towards her. Price swept the white fedora hat from the hat-rack, slamming the door behind him as he left. Jingling his keys, he moved towards his Honda Civic, sliding the key into the lock, and switching the tumblers to unlock the vehicle, which he promptly entered, started, and drove off in. Half-way into his commute to work, he made a sudden realization as his vision began to blur, he had forgotten to take his fucking medicine. The one thing that keeps his Vertigo in check, this was the shitty little cherry atop his cluster-fuck sunday of a life. He shook his head, attempting to dispel the cobwebs that were muddling up his mind and line of sight. To no avail, as the car in front of him seemed to be getting bigger and bigger...or was it closer and closer...before he could decide, he slammed into it, blacking out.

It was several hours before he awoke for whatever reason, and in the distance he could hear the horrific sounds of screaming. Raising his head, which was throbbing, he rubbed at the large red bump atop his noggin. His vision was still blurred, but this as surely due to his leave of consciousness. After adjusting to his consciousness, he saw in the distance several large shapes, looping around in teh sky, fire seemed to be flaring from it's front. It couldn't have been a plane or something..It moved to fluidly, seeming to bend and contort as if it was a living, breathing being. It quickly flew away after several more moments, and Price took no time. He had watched too many alien movies for his own good, and he had to ignore the sudden smell of piss and the wet spot that now stained his lap. Flinging the car door open, the man spilled out of the vehicle, sprawling out over the ground, slowly inching towards the bridge, if only he could make it over the edge and into the river....

---Several months later---

That deer just wasn't sitting right with him. Not at all. He was lucky to have stumbled acrossed the rifle and ammunition a week earlier, otherwise he would have been dead by now. He went over the last month in his head as he leaned over the tree, spilling his guts all over it's roots. With a heavy sigh, Price stood back up, walking further into the woods. Looking down at himself, he couldn't help but smirk. He had had a flight of fancy several weeks earlier and had stumbled upon a truck that must have been inbound towards some sort of Gentleman's store, because it was lined with all sort of suits, canes, hats, everything. It had been laying on the side of the road, keeled over with no driver in sight. Of course, he had no use for a new hat, he had the trusty old one from back at home that he still had, miraculously. Back on topic, Price was sporting a splendid suit that was just his size, and clutching a black cane in his hand that was being utilized as a walking stick. And he was pretty su-...is that what it looks like? There seemed to be a small town in the distance, although he hadn't seen it earlier when he was sighting atop the tree-line. Regardless, eh broke into a full sprint, running towards it. A town meant food and food meant survival. If someone was there already, they would have to fight him for provisions. Nearing the town, he saw a sign that read 'Andros, welcome.'. And another that read 'Belles, two miles.' This..was going to be nice.

-Several weeks later-

He had made quite the haul two weeks ago, his bag was full of a plethora of food and drink and he had basically plundered the local pharmacy. It wasn't like they needed it or anything. Although he wasn't sure why an isolated town had a general store that sold fucking -Cuban Cigars-, as if they could have possibly had a populace rich enough to afford them, he had taken several cartons of those as well as a few lighters. He looked the part to be a right mobster, and he was loving it. Whatever, he had time to think about this later, he needed to find a bigger city, somewhere he could settle down and rest for a few months. Besides, everyone else was dead, weren't they? Speaking of city...there seemed to be a large wall in the distance, and there were...those flying things..those...biological manstrosities that he had seen when he crashed. No, it didn't matter, he was there, and he had little to lose, he was going in. Besides, there was a grate visible on the side of the wall, and a huge sign on the outside....

'City 45' sounded inviting..

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
-Just some fun RP, the diseases are a way of helping myself by giving me some passive RP, and eventually by running out of pills, I would begin to pass out a lot.
-The can could be used in self-defense, and looking like a general BA.

Defects
-The diseases are the huge ones, here. They can cause a huge array of problems.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
Create RP for myself and others, as well as possibly create a trade with some of the provision I hold.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No, although if someone kills me, they could easily take my clothing, food, everything.

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional):
A Freudian dick is when you say what's really on your mind instead of what you intended to say

Offline A Dark Tree

• WHITE
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Price Masterson's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 05:30:06 PM »
Having rped with Reaver many times, I know for a fact that he is able to handle these.  I personally believe that the Defects match, if not go above the Perks of this application.  For this app there are some people who wouldn't really be able to handle the rp of having this, though knowing Reaver as I do, I have a definite belief that he can handle it.  This app has my support.  +1
Add me on steam, the name is Saaaaaaaaaaaan.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 07:35:14 PM »
 I (in my opinion) don't think you need authorizations for the diseases and cigars.

Diseases are still around in the Half-Life 2 environment even if it was reality today due to the increase of pollution and radiation surrounding most areas. It also makes the concept of your character look much more interesting and appealing which I did to my character Amanda Tennington (Heterochromia Iridum diseases make both eyes differ in color.)

Cigars are just small-time, passive roleplaying items that can be founded in Half-Life 2 too but not very much of it. I think you could find it in the Outlands but no the City.

Oh and +support due to the fact that I have roleplayed with you a dozen of times and I seen the performance of your roleplaying pretty damn well.

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 08:23:55 PM »
I've rp'd with a lot of your characters and you have proven to everyone that you won't abuse or misuse said authorizations. I'm not an admin, but I hope my +support counts

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 12:32:25 PM »
Although it is only a minor thing, I am pleased to see a char with such motivation; it seems you really put effort into the back story and he seems like a believable person. I doubt it counts for anything but I have complete confidence you can do this and never overstep the line into misuse of the auths. None of the auths are peculiarly game-breaking and I hope this is accepted.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 10:07:36 PM »
As already stated.
It's an interesting story, with a convenient background for why the different items is required.
I've known you long enough, to know, that you won't abuse those kind of authorizations and that you'll use them well.
I'll gladly support this application, yet I am quiet unsure regarding the suit.
You've already stated to me, you wanted the CA model and were to speak with Roflwaffle about it.
I'll leave this model change for a SA and just the basic accepted / denied judgement for one of them.

Offline Reaver

• THE CRAB MOTHER
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 10:21:08 PM »
Rofl hasn't given me an answer, although I will also talk to Kronic, as he is more likely to respond. Regardless, I hope an SA will make the decision to talk about it, and I'll post now why I think I should be allowed to have the model.

As Challenge has told me, a citizen in, what I assume is Outlands, already has a Kliener model, and Sexy Frog was give the Vort in a labcoat model. After speaking with Ozjackal, the leader of the City Administration Board, he has given his consent towards my use of the model of his faction. The model is there to be used, and I would very much like to make use of it. I understand that I can RP it easily, but Price is to be a major character and to be my return to the Anti-citizen game. For this reason, I would like him to stand out for a few reasons. Although he will usually be operating from the shadows, the model would help with people taking him seriously. It would also dispell judgement from other people asking if my things are authed, seeing as an administrator has given me the model. Again, I will ask Kronic, but I hope an SA will come to the decision on his/her own. Thank you.
A Freudian dick is when you say what's really on your mind instead of what you intended to say

Offline Sectus

• Flutterbutter
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 03:21:50 AM »
RP'd with him in the past. Has demonstrated capabilities beyond that of a normal roleplayer to many members of CG several times in the past. Exceptional grammar and punctuation, extremely trustworthy and understanding, request terms are reasonable.

+Support

http://sectussection.tumblr.com - My Tumblr Review Page
https://twitter.com/Sectus12 - My Twitter Page

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 04:55:31 AM »
I've got no doubt that Reaver is safely capable of handling the authorizations he's applying for in here. He has mentioned sufficient amount of outcoming defects. You've got my support, good luck. I am looking forward to annoy this character in-game.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 05:20:42 PM »
While I don't really have any issues with this app, the CA model might be a slight issue due to people getting confused, so I'll leave this open for another SAs graceful appearance to give their own decision, but for the most part I give this a +support.

Offline Reaver

• THE CRAB MOTHER
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2012, 06:17:46 PM »
For the confusion bit, I would be fine with explaining it to anyone who asks, and although it would be kind of an iffy decision, I think I could handle it. But, as you said, it's up to another SA.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2012, 06:40:44 PM »
23:35 - Reaver: Like, if you want to accept it on the other terms. I can just take out t he CA model
23:35 - Reaver: And leave it up to Owner decision
23:35 - Reaver: At a later date
23:36 - Smt: uhmmmm
23:36 - Smt: i guess thats okay yes

Okay, overall accepted apart from the OOC model its self which you can just get auths for separately from an owner or I guess another SA if they approve it (I'm happy to give it my support if another SA does basically).

Accepted, locked and moved

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal