Author Topic: I do not want to see this again in Outland rp... EVER  (Read 9075 times)

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: I do not want to see this again in Outland rp... EVER
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2011, 04:51:01 PM »
Yeah, especially now that we're handing out PKs.
o7

Offline Col. Avalanche

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2011, 05:39:07 PM »
Alright, seeming as you're all upset about my roleplaying ways, I will explain them.
First, seeing as you're all butthurt over the mugging, let's relate it to real life, shall we? Roleplay is nothing but a reflection of real life with a fictional character, no? Well, let's discuss reality. Muggers and thieves. What are they? Are they "FailRPers" of the world we live in today? Or are they desperate for money and food so much that they are willing to mug other people to survive? Well, the answer is yes. Muggers and thieves are often stealing from others in order for themselves to survive. Desperation for survival.
Now: let's relate that to the Outlands scenerio which we are all angry about. Outlands: what is it? It's the outskirts, or deserted areas of what once were cities. Who inhabits these areas? People who do not seek the Universal Union's success. They see it as torture, and escaped the heavily guarded cities in order to spend their lives in the ways that they see best to survive. What does this mean? Well, obviously that everyone is striving to survive. Are all people living their lives in a Christ-like way? No. Does everyone have the same morals? No. Is everyone of the same sanity at these times of desperation? No.
So at this point, what we have come to gather in this rage-full thread, is that mugging is "FailRP" and is "un-Canon". So, gentlemen, let me ask you this: are all refugees striving towards the same goal in this roleplay server? Yes, yes, they are. But are they all expected to achieve freedom, peace, and survival through unity? The answer to that is no. As I've stated previously; muggers and thieves only do what they do because they are desperate to survive, and see no other way to go about it. In my mugging RP, my character is desperate for survival, struggling in his habitat, and has been becoming, what some would call, insane. I understand that you all see Outlands as a place of teamwork between the refugees, but that's not it at all. I don't care if there were no mugging scenes in either one of the Half Life games. Mugging is an attempt at survival, as seen through one's state of mind. Surely: Gordon Freeman was never seen being mugged, that would be ridiculous, but not non-Canon.
The next question I must ask: how is this RP, in any way, non-Canon? This is a fantasy world, and a game (keep that in mind). It is also a roleplaying server. My character has laid his hands on a weapon, and is going through a time where the only way for himself to survive is through the mugging of others. As I have seen some ridiculous points being made about us only mugging Bleach, and only un-armed people, I will explain those, because clearly; you have no common sense. Why would you mug a person who could fight back with the same firepower that you are mugging the person with? Un-armed people are weak, and defenseless; thus making them easy targets to pick off and attack. Mugging people with guns would risk the mugger's life to a point where any sudden move can make the mugger fire without a second thought. Now; the next point. Why mug people for Bleach? Well, first of, that is an understatement. We do not mug people for Bleach, but occasionally run across it. What do we do with the goods we mug that cannot be consumed? We sell them in order to aquire currency, so that we can buy the food required for our characters to stay alive, staying within realism.

The fact that you're all upset about simple RP and disconnect to avoid it is insanely immature.

Read over everything I said. It will open your eyes to reality. Welcome.

Offline orky12

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2011, 07:59:06 PM »
I hope that Gordan Freemen gets mugged in the next Half Life game, because if he does, I bet Rory Phillips would change his mind completely about this topic.

He seems to believe that just cause it never happened in a game, it will never happen. Fucking. Pathetic.

Fuck.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 08:01:32 PM by orky12 »

Offline Col. Avalanche

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2011, 08:07:49 PM »

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2011, 08:23:00 PM »
Not everyone is going to get along. Not everyone is mentally sane. Mugging is in no way 'uncanon' and will remain allowed - however, we will add guidelines to it and doing it without proper IC reasoning and doing it excessively will not be allowed.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2011, 08:39:49 PM »
Not everyone is going to get along. Not everyone is mentally sane. Mugging is in no way 'uncanon' and will remain allowed - however, we will add guidelines to it and doing it without proper IC reasoning and doing it excessively will not be allowed.
Settled, thank you.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal