Author Topic: My time to rant.  (Read 5617 times)

Offline Nuke

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: My time to rant.
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2011, 04:06:09 PM »
Grid is so out of order right now it not funny.

I going to look on my old computer and check for tech section.

Back along time ago when I played another community before it died they had the tech.

There Motto was

We fix thing and kill thing.

I might post it here so it can be look at. This will also a fix for the lack of training.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2011, 04:13:23 PM »
Well thats right Grid is not getting the training. Its time to clean out the high ranking member because there never on to train us.

And RTLK add something to the training so that only 01+ can train not 02.

So I might be up to asking for a transfer also because of this and the lack of training.

The Outlands server pretty much took all the GRID units that could train.  And its not that I added that, its that that is the authorizations, read the Rank Loadout / Authorizations thread and you will see 02 can only train recruits that have a permit, not their own division.

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2011, 04:15:51 PM »
1. Karma will be demoted out of High Command if he does not get his shit together with GRID. No, Karma. I'm serious when I say that you cannot continue using your "Overlord" rank to prevent from being demoted. This is your last warning.

(EDIT: Did not see your post. Regardless, I did not see any evidence of GRID units being trained before Outlands came up. No more of this "long-term stasis" bullshit.)

2. Outlands has pretty much killed the city server. With a lack of CCA units online, there isn't much to do as SeC besides accepting new people into the CCA.

3. We should make the city server a higher priority than Outlands.

4. When If we can get a playerbase back on the city server, more shit will be done about High Command and their divisions.

5. Ice, remember the warning you received from Roflwaffle. My suggestion to you is that you do not make members reapply. Why not try to shape the members you have? The way you're planning on going about things suggests (at least from my opinion) that you'll be the captain of an empty, broken down ship.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 04:22:10 PM by Burning Bullet »

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2011, 04:35:08 PM »
Heres my replies to the points, I did it from the bottom up and bluescreened before I finished my first point so after trials and tribulations, here you are.

Alright I have a few things to rant about about the WHOLE server.
CWU:
Alright where the HELL did Ice come from and why the hell does it look like he just did a hostile take over of the CWU? He wasn't even in it when you guys decided to pick him. Skipping EVERYONE IN the CWU you decided to put (From what I can make out) some one more power hungry and larger ego THAN ADAM, you replaced Bush WITH HITLER.  I mean come on I am not in the CWU and I can already see what kinda hell hole hes turning it in to. Half the roleplay that they could have done has been cut down DUE to his new rules they can't give out shit they can't sell shit with out his permission, WTF IS WRONG WITH THEM SELLING/GIVING CRAP OUT?

Lets take Ryan for example: He COMMONLY opens a store and gives shit out with out charge. But now he can't do that because Ice wants control over every thing(SO it seems) I mean THAT'S good RP hes doing more than any one else has done EVEN ALL OF THE RESISTANCES IN THE CITY! Now he can't because Ice wants to control every thing that goes in and out of the city.

Then his ego: First off its larger than Adam's,
No. I'm the Organiser now. (Which won't be the rank name for long. :Y)
He then tried to change the name to OVERSEER even if that's the job of the CCA.
Then hes making all of the CWU T3 members reapply why? Why the hell not!

The system Adam had WAS FINE, why fix what isn't broken?
All you add to do for giving out/selling crap was log what shipments you got it was all neat now you have to get his permission to do every thing but clean.
I will just say one thing, and that is the entire CWU shit is being talked about and discussed between a group of us, namely waffle, bullet, yankee, and myself.  Expect change, and note that I do agree that while Adam was completely incompetent to run it, he did have a good system, and that the new shit system has in fact essentially killed the CWU.

CCA:
Alright this is were it gets interesting.
First off from what I can make out Burning can't do shit with out karma's say so? HES A GOD DAMN DvL! Yet Toy can do what ever the HELL he wants with out ASKING burning what he thinks.
I don't know where you are getting this information, but first off Toy is not SeC anymore.  Secondly, Bullet can do what he wants, there are just a few instances where he needs approval for a major change and only two people are allowed to give that, being waffle and myself.  So the fact that I am a DvL has no say in anything, but the fact that I can authorize major changes does.

GRID: I never see ANY 02's+ on because of outland(Will address later) And I've had TWO FUCKING TWO units come PM me about transferring to APEX due to them not getting the training's they NEED.
The issue is all the units are in outlands webeling it up.  The only people allowed to train (in any division) are 01+, and we currently only have one active, plus Sonicdawg who is acting DvL while I fix my shit computer (which to prove point bluescreened while I was typing all this up, after a restart and having nothing else going but skype and steam.)

APEX: Alright APEX needs to be able to do more, Hell I am the fucking OfC and I have no idea what APEX can and cannot do.
I would like a LIST of what all APEX can do and cannot do.
Because this is all I know we can do:
Sweep D2/Sewers.
Do raids in UCH.
Command community inspections

That aside from SD is all that I know we can do in APEX.

You see this rant and you know who I didn't bring up? NOVA, because they got their shit together so does APEX but I can't lead if I don't know what I can do.. So I suggest that the SeC's decide on what each division can and cannot do and post it in their private forums.
APEX is the ground units.  They are the units that should be the ones that clamp, the patrols, etc.  They have no special directives like GRID or NOVA.  And technically, GRID would be in charge in community inspections.

Private forum access: We really need to sort this shit out because I have an 03 that still does't have CCA private forum access.
I deal with it every couple days (3 at max), so the issue is not us sorting the shit out, its the fact that your 03 and all the people who complain do not actually make a fucking post about it.

Outlands: Really REALLY needs a white-list, First off you can get a weapon on there EASIER than on OCRP.
Its killing the city server because every one wants to be part of it and the GOOD RPer's are out numbered by the fail muggers.

Muggers: Alright this is the ONLY server I've HEARD of that allows/considered that shit. And whats stupid is people are saying its not cannon and this is the reply: Cannon isn't important. WHAT THE HELL With out a cannon we have nothing more than a Advance Dark RP server with fucking HL2 weapons.
Read the rant below regarding outlands whitelisting.  In terms of muggers, that is totally retarded and I will see about changing that.  The entire outlands will be getting a rule reworking here soon.

Whitelist: ALRIGHT the highest number I've seen the god damn city server on since that damn hellhole came out was fucking 15, Before it was getting up to 30! That's half of the players gone to out-lands with: NO proper RP reason to be there, ABLE TO COME BACK(For now) WITH MORE WEAPONS/AMMO THAT THE DAMN SeC.

Its also taking almost all of CCA away from their duty's causing the damn issue with GRID, for the past few days the only HC units that have been on is SeC 60210, OfC.246 AND I. We HARDLY if ever get the units on to fully do SD with units patrolling why? People wanting to play out-land's even if CCA units ALWAYS take the spot over ANY other ones.

Map: We had to change back to C18 to get more players BUT WHATS THE POINT WHEN HALF OF THEM ARE MINGES? hell I must have killed 20 of 'em all proper prop surfers Prop DM'ers or just plan 'Ol RDMERS.

The map is also a reason to whitelist it I love the map I hate the mingebag's, Rofl you keep saying "Never going to happen " IT NEEDS TO HAPPEN its KILLING the city server and admins are to busy with that server to help on the city server.

Half of the shit in my rant is because of the lack of whitelist.
The reason for no whitelist, which I partially agree with, is due to the fact that we need justification to have the servers up, and with a whitelist system, there would only be about 5-10 players at any one time max due to it.  The fact is though it has killed the city server and I will speak with waffle about it, plus I do have some things planned for the city server that should bring more incentive to it.

Oh and the admins control EVERY THING OOCly when it all could and SHOULD be controlled IC it would make better RP and its more logical than having the admins/SAs being able to override what the damn SeC orders.
The shit is ran ICly, the admins are just there to help.  The only thing admins really can and should control are events.  There are specific rules (such as no citizens staring at walls or locked up for long amounts of time) that need to be enforced, so almost all events have to be controlled by an admin.  Other than that no HL2RP SA, A, or OP should be controlling anything IC unless they have the IC power to do so.

Offline Ice

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2011, 04:48:09 PM »
All T1's become Managers (Excluding Avalanche whom I believe was a T2, but is now my second.)

T2's are Representatives, and depending on their merit, a few will become Quartermaster.
goodmorrow

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2011, 05:14:59 PM »
Okay, so when will you be setting a Roster up so we know? As i was a T2 and am curious.
what

Offline Ice

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2011, 05:29:06 PM »
As soon as I am able to compile a list of all the names of people who were actually in the CWU. (The roster is vastly incomplete.
goodmorrow

Offline Technical Abbreviations

• Acolyte Of The Carp God Baby
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2011, 05:29:43 PM »
Oh and the admins control EVERY THING OOCly when it all could and SHOULD be controlled IC it would make better RP and its more logical than having the admins/SAs being able to override what the damn SeC orders.
*watches admin noclip across map and kill people at resistance base*
i agree, needs more IC
Spoiler for :D:
\\r\\nWe live in the explosion of a bomb that has not yet finished exploding. You and everything you love are debris. Have a good day ^_^\\\'\\\'\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: Who is talking?\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: They sound hot\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: The background\\r\\nDegtyarev: They are 11 :l

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2011, 06:20:17 PM »
CWU: Issue is being worked on.

CCA: Agreed, BB needs more independence as SeC.

Grid: The real issue is that city RP has been shit starting with the switch back to City 18. It's just that city 18 is an extremely popular map, and therefore attracts minges and trolls. Of course nobody wants to play on the city server. Outlands RP is 100 times better than anything you'd find in the city.

Apex: What RTLK said...

Private Forum Access: When I got into the CCA, I had to wait around three weeks until I finally got priv forum access. Apparently, nothing has changed. People do make posts, it's just that RTLK is too busy doing other things and doesn't seem to have time to deal with other shit... Which is why I want a hl2rp-dedicated forum dev.

Outlands Whitelist: Not necessary. What we need are server-specific characters. That way you can't pick up an smg in the outlands and jump onto the city server, RDM'ing every "see-pee" you find.

Muggers: In my opinion, mugging is a completely legitimate form of roleplay and is only a problem in-character. Your character is in the outlands, there are no laws, you should know the risks.

City Map: City roleplay will be dead until we get the fuck off of Shitty Eighteen. The only reason the higher-ups switched maps was for the goddamn playerbase, which is the only fucking thing RoflWaffle seems to care about.
ok fuck roleplay we just need lots of players and we dont care if there all trolls lol

Admins: The only instance where I see this happening is SeC 602 and all of the hoops he has to jump through to change anything. That's sad and needs to change.
o7

Offline Bromine

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2011, 08:07:24 PM »
As soon as I am able to compile a list of all the names of people who were actually in the CWU. (The roster is vastly incomplete.
Perhaps you'll recognize my position, T2-Commander, equivaling a Tier 1.

Offline Ice

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2011, 08:48:46 PM »
Perhaps I may talk to you on Steam? I'd like to ask a few questions before I put you up as a Manager.
goodmorrow

Offline Bromine

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2011, 09:46:09 PM »
I'm out all week. Perhaps forum PMs will do.

Offline Ice

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2011, 09:48:31 PM »
Fair enough.
goodmorrow

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal