Author Topic: [OBSOLETE] RP_City45_Catalyst_x1e_r  (Read 24572 times)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RP_City45_Catalyst_x1f
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2012, 02:41:37 PM »
Here are a few problems I have already encountered which make this map even more broken:

Click to see the original size.
Double doors to Firing Range

Two windows are nighttime, one is daytime, wat.

Another screwed up door, the one to CWU Storage.

Also, most of the doors do a 360 if you hit e on them twice. Did you even test this map properly or even double and triple check everything before you released? I want this map, but it is pretty broken atm.

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2012, 03:04:43 PM »
I have a feeling its going to be quite some time before HL2RP is up and running correctly with this new map and working character models. The character models don't work as it is, even with the old map.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2012, 04:32:53 PM »
Also do something with the citadel. The environment is dark, but you as a player see the whole citadel. It should be darkened a bit so you don't see it all.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2012, 02:36:29 AM »
After dicussing some issues with the issues we have encountered, KFrohman has been nice enough to make an x1e release thread. It will be available shortly in this forum.

Offline .:KFrohman:.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2012, 03:02:06 AM »
Was just reading some of the thread. Very nice ideas.
Regards to abbotts' above post, about the windows, it's not daytime it's just a white brush, I left it in there.
The doors seem like an areaportal issue, like a leak or something.

Offline AcelinH98

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2012, 09:34:55 PM »
I have seen people on their own server's use this map, are they allowed to because if they aren't can't you message them to stop using it?
And the map look's good played on it and it feels a lot better.
Turtle since I started gaming - 2001

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2012, 12:50:02 AM »
I have seen people on their own server's use this map, are they allowed to because if they aren't can't you message them to stop using it?

Yes, they are allowed. According to Valve developer licenses or some similar thing, all maps must be released under Public Domain. As long as they don't decompile the map and don't break the license terms by removing the initial credits seen on the trainstation spawn, they can use it. *sadly.*

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2012, 03:36:54 AM »
I don't care if they use this version because it's broken as fuck, lol.

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RP_City45_Catalyst_x1e_r
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2012, 02:58:32 AM »
Well, I'm back after my month-long hiatus from Catalyst Gaming and I've fixed the city map up.

Download link will be available once the map is confirmed to be working on the server. Kronic has been kind enough to upload it on to the server box already but the map data still needs doing though and that'll hopefully be either in 5 hours or so when he wakes up or tomorrow.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2012, 06:18:48 AM »
I am not sure if this problem persists in the new version on map still, but in that one that is currently used at HL2RP there is a bug with door. The door leading to balcony ramp from the detainment block opens upwards, what causes it to slide out of ground in MoC. Fixing it is task of two minutes, so please, if you could  ::)

This is the door:
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/918982608594561185/3148E8C21A35AE3ABA00F17D9F6A5012536382F1/

This is what happens:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/918982608594561896/A2E0DF9B9EEC0E4832D1E2EFB86E94CD79197C59/

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2012, 06:36:52 AM »
I fixed the balcony access doors since that version was released. Everything in the current map is in perfect condition aside from the acid pit in which I forgot to add a filter_class to so it removes player deathcams, causing a client lockup.

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2012, 02:14:18 PM »
What about the messed up citizen models like last time?

Offline Orange - Cisco Certified

• aSK mE aBOUT mY pENIS
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2012, 07:31:39 PM »
Obviously that would be one of the first items addressed. It was the main reason the map was denied.

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2012, 07:42:46 PM »
After doing rigorous beta testing and using the process of elimination with a number of testers, I have managed to determine that the models that were being packaged (or pakratted) with the map were causing conflicts and animation issues with several users. As such, the map has been packaged without ANY models and only includes the custom textures (credits and posters).

Some of my beta testers include Raged and Orange who had issues prior to the map being released and I wrongly assumed it was a client side issue, so I removed the models from the map editor. This didn't work, so I pakratted the map again and it suddenly worked for them on both singleplayer and the dev server without any issues.

Then I had Sectus test the map and he still had animation issues with only the male citizen models. After releasing about 5 different version of the map, he still had issues. This was when I removed the models from the map and gave him the map as an addon format:

4:43 PM - OzJackal - no internet 10 mins: yeah, thats fixable
4:43 PM - OzJackal - no internet 10 mins: are anims messed up
4:43 PM - Sectus: HOLY FUCK
4:43 PM - OzJackal - no internet 10 mins: ARE ANIMS
4:43 PM - OzJackal - no internet 10 mins: FIXED
4:43 PM - OzJackal - no internet 10 mins: UP
4:43 PM - Sectus: IT WORKS
4:43 PM - Sectus: O_O
4:43 PM - OzJackal - no internet 10 mins: for FUCKS SAKES YES
4:43 PM - Sectus: THEY'RE FIXED!
4:43 PM - OzJackal - no internet 10 mins: MY DICK IS HARD LIKE A TREE

To Kronic:
4:44 PM - OzJackal - no internet 10 mins: whos the best
4:44 PM - OzJackal - no internet 10 mins: im the best
4:44 PM - OzJackal - no internet 10 mins: <link> - there's your final version of the map, upload and map data will carry over from what i did last night - faction spawns, doors are done but still needs 3d text

Hopefully this should clear up any concerns or worries about the map being responsible for animation issues.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 07:45:13 PM by OzJackal »

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2012, 08:18:37 PM »
After doing rigorous beta testing and using the process of elimination with a number of testers, I have managed to determine that the models that were being packaged (or pakratted) with the map were causing conflicts and animation issues with several users. As such, the map has been packaged without ANY models and only includes the custom textures (credits and posters).

Some of my beta testers include Raged and Orange who had issues prior to the map being released and I wrongly assumed it was a client side issue, so I removed the models from the map editor. This didn't work, so I pakratted the map again and it suddenly worked for them on both singleplayer and the dev server without any issues.

Then I had Sectus test the map and he still had animation issues with only the male citizen models. After releasing about 5 different version of the map, he still had issues. This was when I removed the models from the map and gave him the map as an addon format:

4:43 PM - OzJackal - no internet 10 mins: yeah, thats fixable
4:43 PM - OzJackal - no internet 10 mins: are anims messed up
4:43 PM - Sectus: HOLY FUCK
4:43 PM - OzJackal - no internet 10 mins: ARE ANIMS
4:43 PM - OzJackal - no internet 10 mins: FIXED
4:43 PM - OzJackal - no internet 10 mins: UP
4:43 PM - Sectus: IT WORKS
4:43 PM - Sectus: O_O
4:43 PM - OzJackal - no internet 10 mins: for FUCKS SAKES YES
4:43 PM - Sectus: THEY'RE FIXED!
4:43 PM - OzJackal - no internet 10 mins: MY DICK IS HARD LIKE A TREE

To Kronic:
4:44 PM - OzJackal - no internet 10 mins: whos the best
4:44 PM - OzJackal - no internet 10 mins: im the best
4:44 PM - OzJackal - no internet 10 mins: <link> - there's your final version of the map, upload and map data will carry over from what i did last night - faction spawns, doors are done but still needs 3d text

Hopefully this should clear up any concerns or worries about the map being responsible for animation issues.

The map worked well for me when I tested it as well. Good work!
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal