Author Topic: Multiple Characters  (Read 1891 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Multiple Characters
« on: April 30, 2013, 02:02:19 AM »
Basically have the ability to make multiple characters with different inventories for different forms of RP. Example, i currently have a male who is in the Emergency Services org. However ive been wanting to start up The Underground again. Cant really do that without putting bad thumb in the ES.

Basically, its giving players the chance to have characters with 2 reputations. I would have one character with a good emergency services rep whereas i have another character with a bad black market rep.

This could also work for skills. Say youre in a criminal org and want to rob with your buddies. However you also want to sell things. You can have one character for the org and another to sell stuff.

The characters wouldnt share anything and transferring of money and items between the two would be against the rules.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Multiple Characters
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 07:12:24 AM »
I would love to see this. It would be awesome to have my inventory full of safety props for fighting fires with certain skills, then another with crafting skills and raw materials.

Offline SeraphRakov

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 04:43:33 PM »
+support, and after reading a bit more we seem to share the same points of view. I feel a bit trapped having to specialize for the type of rp my character and their skills fit. Having two or more would definitely broaden the area I could have more legitimate roleplay in. But I really don't want the two to interact directly, (like you said with item transfer and such.)

Offline Akise-Kun

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 01:23:07 PM »
As I do see a lot of positives towards this and I would support this idea myself, I can see it being easily abused to benefit the player. Maybe like a hour has to pass before you can switch again once you have switched?

Offline S?cojnr

• #1 CHAV
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 01:31:35 PM »
I would love to see this added, would be a great addition, there may be a few problems to it, but overly I feel that it is more beneficial than not beneficial.

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 02:20:09 PM »
Honestly yes. This is great. My character that I'm useing was just recently almost raped... He's no suffering form of PTSD and he's homeless.... Lost and confused. I'm going to need a new character to replace this one. Though this character may bounce back. All in all this will improve the look of OCRP2 and should make players believe its more then just a SSRP server. Hell most of them say its just a perp server on a different community. That needs to be changed.

Offline ejecX_

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 04:11:50 PM »
I also support this, this would enable people to choose different paths for each character, one could be guns and ammo retailer, one could be all about stealing, and one could be a badass robber dude.

Just on a sidenote, how would organisations transfer, if they even do. Because that would also allow people to be a member of an emergency services orientated org, and a "robbing" orientated org and such.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 11:19:04 PM »
The issue is the game mode is not made to support multiple characters and it'd be difficult and probably near impossible to do so without needing to recode the entire game mode.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 01:07:49 PM »
What could be done to stop abuse with this? Lets say I have a character with only skills to build stuff and another I use for actual RP with stregth stamina and herbalism and evertything you need to live longet and make money. I could just create a charactee give him money and books they make the supplies and I am OP. So this could easily be exploited, even if there was protection another guy could get involved in it to exploit it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal