Author Topic: City Twenty Four  (Read 19025 times)

Offline voidicus

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: City Twenty Four
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2012, 01:37:21 PM »
You want special stuff for GRID only? I will only be pleased if the rest of the divisions get special "only for them" stuff as well.

Mind you, this project isn't 100% geared toward use on CG; though I find the input valuable nevertheless. But as such, I'm trying to shy away from things totally geared towards specific divisions, aside from the bare essentials (Medical bay, APC bay [because that's kind of one of my selling points :~)] ).

Still, though, I'm well aware of how divisions love to separate from one another, so there's a sort of 'official' building for each of the various groups.

Maybe I'll upload a screenshot soon.

- Evil button that turns Nexus / city lights off.

There's a sort of district command room in the works that will have a wide variety of shiny buttons to be pressed, pertaining to various aspects across the city (Shields, lights, etc).

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2012, 02:28:27 PM »
You want special stuff for GRID only? I will only be pleased if the rest of the divisions get special "only for them" stuff as well.

I know only what GRID may want. As I wasn't in other divisions, I don't know what do they want. These I posted are these what I find good / I would like. They have to post here themselves. I cannot read minds.

- Evil button that turns Nexus / city lights off.
Actually this may sound like stupid kid idea. However, I remember an exogen breach in C45 with power blackout. If the lights went really off, it would greatly support immersion and would totally change the overall feel of the game.

Would not give that to GRID. Even though that seems logical, I don't even want GRID anywhere near that button.

I didn't mean to give the button to GRID :) I fully understand your reasons D:

Maybe I'll upload a screenshot soon.

Please.. please..! :P
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 02:32:39 PM by Khubajsn »

Offline 429ghost

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2012, 03:03:36 PM »
Please tell me your still working on the nexus.

If so:

Please put a sort of barracks where off-duty units 02- may ICly go to sleep, perhaps having bunk beds and lockers. And alongside this barracks, a stasis room for 01+ and COTA. Please connect these to the mess hall/break room.

Also, for City Administration, perhaps a type of Office level for them, with a broadcasting room and atleast three desks. Above City Administration, a seperate office for Sectorial Command/High Command, as it wouldn't make sense that Sectorial Command shares an Office with City Administration like they do now, I can remember one time the SeC kicked my CA out of the office to have a meeting about something.

One more thing, perhaps a forensics lab, used by NOVA for investigations involving biological evidence such as blood samples or DNA samples?

In the front of the nexus, perhaps setting up a gate? So that way a level three tresspassing charge won't have to be imposed on anyone who passes the barriers(such as minges being trolls because they can see that it says very clearly "Going past the barriers is level three tresspassing"), just a level one for anyone who manages to infiltrate the gate?

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2012, 03:07:01 PM »
In the front of the nexus, perhaps setting up a gate? So that way a level three tresspassing charge won't have to be imposed on anyone who passes the barriers(such as minges being trolls because they can see that it says very clearly "Going past the barriers is level three tresspassing"), just a level one for anyone who manages to infiltrate the gate?

implying they'll get that far, you'll see what i mean soon

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2012, 03:23:03 PM »
Alright, I don't exactly know how to explain this. I'm suggesting perhaps to expand the City a little further and adding some forest area sanctioned of by Combine Walls instead of a designated D6 that rebels would go. So it would give a bit more of an open feel to the city, but give another environment aspect to it. It would make patrols sick to walk though forest.

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2012, 03:27:04 PM »
It really displeases me how I have people making nasty comments towards what GRID wants.. It is our opinions. Sure as hell would love to have a Garage so I don't have to build the shit in the street anymore. Sure, I really don't care what you place in for APEX, NOVA or UNIFORM.
I am just securing my needs at this point and you can secure your needs after. No need to get all nasty in this thread.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline voidicus

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2012, 03:30:38 PM »

tease tease tease

Offline ?????¬??

• An Idiot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2012, 03:34:11 PM »
I love how just the street is looking already. I can't imagine how awesome this map is going to be, so keep up the good work!

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2012, 04:30:28 PM »
I love it so far Void, it is great looking.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline Semiorph

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2012, 06:03:44 PM »
Wow, looking great so far. Now I'm all excited. Good job, Void!
HL2RP Characters
CCA.C45.APEX-02.929: Maintaing sociostabilty

Offline voidicus

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2012, 06:46:08 PM »

for size comparison, myself standing next to one of the supports:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 07:37:59 PM by void »

Offline shrimp

• The ONLY Ninja
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2012, 08:10:48 PM »
*NinjaShrimp takes his sunglasses off
"Mother of god....."
No but seriously, this is how HL2RP is suppose to be done in my opinion, Dark, edgy, Something to actually give use to the flashlights.
A real human beeeeeiiinnnggg.

Offline 429ghost

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2012, 11:15:26 AM »

for size comparison, myself standing next to one of the supports:

Jesus H Christ :O

Shit's about to get real now, mingerunners XD

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2012, 03:20:34 PM »
So ehm, when will this be done?

Anyways, looks amazing Void. Reminds me of Tron...

Offline voidicus

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2012, 03:37:53 PM »
So ehm, when will this be done?

i hate to give this reponse i really do

but

"when it's done"

Nonetheless, still working on the Union tiers of the city. I accidentally a lot of my progress earlier. Got fed up, took a break. I'll likely be working on and off on this map for a while; especially considering that the project itself doesn't have a particular motivation, other than to look nice and play well.

The wonders of not having a deadline.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal