Author Topic: tnb citizens  (Read 6497 times)

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: tnb citizens
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2014, 05:44:44 AM »
i honestly don't see the point in having extra content. extra download times for what is close to no gain. custom models aren't really going to enhance roleplay much if at all

mate workshop exists now and if people cant download 50mb and go make a drink then why would they bother with a laggy game like garrysmod

For the people that want quick entry. Remember that the server isn't even up yet and when it is will take some time to repopulate, without anyone wanting to make a huge commitment. Because of this you want the quickest connection possible, even with workshop integration it takes time. Maybe after the player-base is reinstated it could be considered further.

But, like rofl said. HL2RP is about the RP, not so much about anything else, Gameplay > Visual Customization even though visual customization was always a useful tool, again, why I said it should be considered later on in the servers timeline.
"If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son.
I've got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one."

"Have a great evening, sorry, maple syrup, eh, moose, and ice hockey to you!"

"Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna' be my year."

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2014, 06:07:38 AM »
pretty sure by having equippable items that customise your appearance in over 250 ways can contribute to rp and is well worth the extra 20 seconds of waiting

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2014, 12:12:10 PM »
pretty sure by having equippable items that customise your appearance in over 250 ways can contribute to rp and is well worth the extra 20 seconds of waiting

I do agree with this, even if they're scripted items, they can still do something for RP since they've visuals, so we don't have to clog up chardesc with 4 lines of info to tell about a couple minor things. 50mb isn't a whole lot and with 500kb/s that's barely two minutes of download time, now I don't know about the rest of the world but I think that those speeds and above are standard at most places these days.

Still kinda neutral though, I like the idea but not necessarily that much.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2014, 11:16:21 PM »
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=150041615

i think having these (including shirts for CWU) would be better than just blue shirts and hey, it would add more contraband shit than just weapons into the economy

and

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/919013985471375934/96DDD2F14C6F144E541016167F9159678C1E52C1/

(didnt [img] b/c too big)

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2014, 12:31:08 PM »
i don't see why people are even saying no to this when it's only 71MB in size and the models themselves are pretty swish and a great deal better than the default variety of about 15 citizen models

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2014, 04:20:29 PM »
i don't see why people are even saying no to this when it's only 71MB in size and the models themselves are pretty swish and a great deal better than the default variety of about 15 citizen models
The general belief is that people will instantly disconnect if they see they have to download something because nobody has patience anymore.  I don't follow that unless it takes 5+ minutes.  Considering it's only 71MB, though, it should only take, what, 30 seconds?

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2014, 04:25:56 PM »
The general belief is that people will instantly disconnect if they see they have to download something because nobody has patience anymore.  I don't follow that unless it takes 5+ minutes.  Considering it's only 71MB, though, it should only take, what, 30 seconds?

Even if you download with 500kb/s it's only 2 minutes.

If you have speeds slower than that you should be used to waiting a few minutes for such things anyway, I dont really see how 70mb can make people think "lol fuck waiting a minute"

Offline Cat With A Mustache

• King of the 'stache
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2014, 06:59:42 PM »
With my whopping 300kb/s this still only took a few minutes. I remember another server running with the model pack too, and people really did like it. Cause it's nicer to see Ten's of models instead of a mere (16?) models. Makes it easier to identify people.

wait i dont get

thats what i said when i first learned about weaboo's, furries, and bronys

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2014, 07:02:19 PM »
We could literally put that into a collection and everyone should be able to download that + map + metrocop v5 models + anything else in a day and hl2rp still isnt up for another 2~ weeks

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2014, 07:16:53 PM »
yeah honestly give it a chance, there are other gamemodes which require you to download a lot more so i dont see why we have to stay as minimal as possible in terms of downloads plus more freedom in customisation is enjoyable too

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2014, 07:29:25 PM »
this pack is used at nearly every hl2rp community currently active so i think you'd find most people wouldn't even have to download them as they'd already have them plus the metropack

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal