Author Topic: Draining  (Read 2502 times)

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Draining
« on: February 21, 2013, 03:29:24 PM »
So, CG, what do ya'll know about draining? And no, not the removal of water from an environs, I'm talking about the act of exploring urban storm drainage systems. Far be it for me to suggest that I leave my basement once in a while, but it's sort of become my new hobbie.

My friends and I recently discovered an unlocked exit tunnel dumping into our city's resovoir, and it's so cool seeing what's down there. We're trying to map it out, but it's so damned extensive.

What're your thoughts/experiences?
C45.CCA.GRID-DvL.604 - Healthy - Executing citizens. Tally: 4
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

--------------------------
Cutlass, Sail and Cannon:
Ernest Cumberbatch, Port Royal, Governor. Governing.
John Gatsby, of the brigantine Brimstone. Amputating Limbs

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Draining
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 03:30:37 PM »
So, CG, what do ya'll know about draining? And no, not the removal of water from an environs, I'm talking about the act of exploring urban storm drainage systems. Far be it for me to suggest that I leave my basement once in a while, but it's sort of become my new hobbie.

My friends and I recently discovered an unlocked exit tunnel dumping into our city's resovoir, and it's so cool seeing what's down there. We're trying to map it out, but it's so damned extensive.

What're your thoughts/experiences?

This sort of stuff is called urban exploration in general I believe, I REALLY wanted to do it but never got round to preparing my self (proper hard hat/protection, camera, flashlight, etc etc, can't just go down in any old clothing and not being prepared)

I really want to urban explore pripyat so bad

Offline Star Rees

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 05:19:25 PM »
My only word of advice is to not fall into any sewage, because who wants to be in that?

If someone does fall in, make sure to get it on camera before calling 911, then send it into Tosh.0.

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 05:33:01 PM »
I suggest not doing it. Firstly its hard as hell to get bodies out of any type of pipe networks. Secondly the pipe network itself can take hours to go through when searching for a lost person and or searching for a drowned victim, to retive the network paths and such from the city is always a hassle for your local Fire Fighters and or rescue personel. Here in Vegas nevada we have a lot of underground tunnel networks for flooding control, and some of those are big enough to stand upright and walk in, and some are just big enough for a 'rag-doll' to be rushed in when flooding occurs. Trust me, i have had my experiences of drowned victims from lifeguarding to flash floods... However, I must say its most likely safe then cave diving. And definitely sounds funner to do. I'm just looking at it as a safety concern and hazard.

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 03:32:20 PM »
Storm Drains don't actually contain sewage, silly. Just run off.

KJUN, you seem to be under the impression that I'll die down there, and it's just a matter of how difficult it'll be to retrieve my corpse...
I've looked into it quite a bit, and it ought to be safe down there when there's no precipitation. Met was my forte when I went through aviation training, so I can be fairly sure that there won't be any death storms.

Smt, why not get into draining? Chernobyl is cool, but very far away.
C45.CCA.GRID-DvL.604 - Healthy - Executing citizens. Tally: 4
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

--------------------------
Cutlass, Sail and Cannon:
Ernest Cumberbatch, Port Royal, Governor. Governing.
John Gatsby, of the brigantine Brimstone. Amputating Limbs

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal