Author Topic: World War 2 Games  (Read 3277 times)

Offline Sean Archer

• I do love me some titty sprinkles...
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
World War 2 Games
« on: August 10, 2012, 09:04:56 PM »
Has anyone got any suggestions for World War 2 games? I have the BIA series, and the RO series. Can anyone suggest more?

Offline Jimbow0512

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: World War 2 Games
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 11:05:12 PM »
For a really good MMO i would say World War 2 online. It doesn't have the best graphics but its still pretty good.
http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/

Also if you never have played Call of Duty 1. It's one of the best World war 2 games in my opinion. It's one of the best COD ever made.
James Healey- Alive, Loyalist

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 11:53:52 AM »
Company of Heroes, great RTS.
World at War, it might be CoD, but it was the last decent CoD made before it got infested with kids and copy n pasted shit.
IL-2 Sturmovik 1946, if you are interested in WW2 aviation, play this. Really fun WW2 flight sim.

Offline MrVolker

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 04:53:49 PM »
Older CoDs, older MoHs (Especially European Assault), and older Battlefields (especially 1942).

The Sniper Elite games are entertaining and quirky but not trenched in WWII stories or anything.

Day of Defeat and Day of Defeat: Source are good online WWII shooters. Still pretty populated too.

The new (Not really, 2009) Wolfenstein was fun as hell, and well worth the $10 I payed for it. The other Wolfensteins are all good as well.

Company of Heroes and Men of War are two excellent WWII RTSs. Men of War is a little easier to run if you have a lower end machine.

The Battlestations games are all pretty decent WWII Naval/Aerial sims, if that interests you.

Finally, if you like big, time-consuming War-games then I'd try the Hearts of Iron series. These games are hard to explain so you might just want to look it up.

Good Luck, hope this helps in your search.

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 10:15:59 PM »
Day of Defeat is a good one that I play often, COD 1, 2, 3, and 5 are good ones too, but COD 3 is pretty bad, actually... There are a bunch out there, bro.

Offline Sean Archer

• I do love me some titty sprinkles...
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 05:51:08 PM »
Company of Heroes, great RTS.
World at War, it might be CoD, but it was the last decent CoD made before it got infested with kids and copy n pasted shit.
IL-2 Sturmovik 1946, if you are interested in WW2 aviation, play this. Really fun WW2 flight sim.

Yeah, World At War was the last decent CoD.

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 05:21:39 AM »
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory is a great multiplayer WW2 game, the same with Resistance and Liberation (although that's a mod for HL2).

Offline ReconPWN??????

• Reconfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 10:43:24 PM »
The only recent games that I feel executed the WWII aspect correctly would probably be Sniper Elite and Red Orchestra, with that said there are tons of WWII games I just find those two be the more suitable ones for me. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal