Author Topic: [OCRP2] Tow Truck Driver  (Read 1621 times)

Offline feedonswords

• fakken goat m8
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[OCRP2] Tow Truck Driver
« on: May 13, 2013, 05:41:38 AM »
This is my first guide
This is a guide on how to be a good tow truck driver in OCRP, and not a random towing person that everybody hates.

First, here are the rules of being a tow truck driver.

Tow Truck Rules

Do not randomly tow cars

Randomly towing cars is not allowed. You need a good reason to tow a car.
You can tow cars if the owner asks for it, or if the police tell you to.

Do your job

Respond to all calls regarding towing cars.
Do not respond to every police situation. If the police need you, they will call for you.

Do not charge anything for towing

Your job is to tow cars and that is what your paycheck is for. Don't ask the police or civilians to pay for it.
If someone asks for their car to be towed to the car repair lady, do it.

How to be a tow truck driver
Now, to be a tow truck driver, drive to industrial, right when you get pass the first road in there, turn into the building with a shack toilet thing inside and a yard behind it, talk to the guy in front to be one, and go to the guy in the right of the yard to get your tow truck. The tow truck is quite a nice vehicle with speed, but is quite big.Now, to actually do Tow Truck RP, you first need to back up your tow truck
where your back plate is almost touching their front plate, to hook up the car to your tow truck, press E on your hook or their hood.
After that is done, tow it to the Tow Truck Yard, press F3 on their vehicle, preferably the driver door, and input a price up to $1500, as a repair cost $1000, if they accept it, you go up to the tow lady and repair their car, if they decline, just don't do anything.

Never EVER charge someone to repair their car and not repair it.
It is preferable that you do some RP, for example.
Adam Cokin hooks the hook of his tow truck to the axle of Bob's Blista Sport, he checks if it is secure.
Adam Cokin says "Okay, hold on."
Adam Cokin gets in his truck and drives carefully, he puts his traffic hazard lights on.

What not to tow

What to tow

Towing a car

First, back up to the front of the car.

Then, hook it up by pressing E on your hook or their hood

Then drive away carefully with your traffic hazard lights on.

Be sure to obey traffic rules!

Then let charge them, repair their car, and let them drive away.

So majestic...

Describing tow truck drivers
Describing a tow truck driver isn't much, it's really just a job where you respond to calls to tow things, and tow cars parked terribly, but DO NOT abuse your ability to tow someone.

Purpose of the tow truck driver
The purpose of the tow truck driver is to tow vehicles when you are called by someone, be it civilian or police, and tow cars parked where they shouldn't be.

Keys for the tow truck driver
The tow truck driver has lights just to say you're a traffic hazard when towing a car, these are NOT emergency lights and do not allow you to bypass traffic laws, they are activated with 'Shift'.

Important Information
You can't tow a car because it is slightly on the sidewalk, an example of what you could tow is if it was completely obstructing the sidewalk.
Never charge someone to repair their car and don't repair it, you'll get banned.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 06:28:21 AM by The Doctor »
Goats can fly if you eat a blue sandwich with swiss cheese.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: How to be a Tow Truck Driver.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 08:12:52 AM »
My only suggestion for this guide would be to include a diagram on when cars showed be towed. You have a point at the bottom of the guide saying not to tow vehicles that are partially on the sidewalk but it could use a picture or two to show when vehicles should be towed.

..And if I catch anybody breaking road rules (speeding, running through stop signs/red lights, ramming vehicles on opposite lanes, hitting pedestrians) as a tow truck driver then I will blacklist them without warning. I've had about 10 separate incidents in the past week regarding very poor driving by tow truck drivers and it's time that the punishments were stepped up.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 09:04:39 AM by Mingebag »

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: How to be a Tow Truck Driver.
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 11:06:31 AM »
I'd suggest adding a RP part to this. How a tow truck works, what tools are used, where to hook up, etc. What I know is that the hook hanging from the boom hooks onto the front axle, and from there you raise the boom until the front tires are on rubber pads. Perhaps add a section for basic vehicle repair and maintenance? I know when I'm a tow truck driver I like to tow broken cars and actually perform RP repair on them.

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [OCRP2] Tow Truck Driver
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 12:30:23 PM »
The Doctor, could you please update this thread for the new system we use for tow truck drivers. How to repair now and whatnot.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal