Author Topic: Speed of Light? More like speed of shite!  (Read 4769 times)

Offline SaoulZod

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Speed of Light? More like speed of shite!
« on: September 23, 2011, 03:32:47 AM »
haha! Rhyming Subject Line.. but still!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/8782895/CERN-scientists-break-the-speed-of-light.html

Damn science, you scary.

Serious Mode:  This is probably the coolest thing I've read in a little while.  It pretty much screws the known laws.

you ban me for such bad reason u just cant understand the level of depth i roleplay on i am just far better roleplayer than u lol play half life 2 and then come back 2 this server plz
*sigh*
chunkeymonkey79: please get the entire CG community and uproot Saoul and RTLK
Thanks, Chunkey.

Offline Technical Abbreviations

• Acolyte Of The Carp God Baby
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Speed of Light? More like speed of shite!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 03:46:40 AM »
It pretty much screws the known laws.
We exist
But matter doesnt exist
But it does
Spoiler for :D:
\\r\\nWe live in the explosion of a bomb that has not yet finished exploding. You and everything you love are debris. Have a good day ^_^\\\'\\\'\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: Who is talking?\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: They sound hot\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: The background\\r\\nDegtyarev: They are 11 :l

Offline SaoulZod

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 03:50:51 AM »
It just proves that Science is always developing. :D

you ban me for such bad reason u just cant understand the level of depth i roleplay on i am just far better roleplayer than u lol play half life 2 and then come back 2 this server plz
*sigh*
Thanks, Chunkey.

Offline Technical Abbreviations

• Acolyte Of The Carp God Baby
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 03:56:39 AM »
the theory that basically states "universe doesnt exist" should have been disproved a long time ago
Spoiler for :D:
\\r\\nWe live in the explosion of a bomb that has not yet finished exploding. You and everything you love are debris. Have a good day ^_^\\\'\\\'\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: Who is talking?\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: They sound hot\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: The background\\r\\nDegtyarev: They are 11 :l

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 03:57:19 AM »
I just switched my light on and it's scary how fast it lights up the room. Scared!
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

Offline Desperado

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 07:23:11 AM »
6 nano seconds faster the  the speed of light omg

Offline SaoulZod

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 07:58:53 AM »
That's 5.9999999 more than it needed to be.  Anything over the assumed Speed of Light is not supposed to be possible.

*sigh*
Thanks, Chunkey.

A new Age
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 09:36:35 AM »
Under Einsteinian physics, nothing can exceed the speed of light, and so far, nothing has challenged that conclusion.
At particle accelerators over the decades, subatomic particles are pushed to ever-higher speeds, but it takes ever more energy to attain each new fractional step toward the speed of light.
Instead of going faster when driven with higher-energy accelerators, the particles get heavier.
That phenomenon is described by Einstein's famous equation linking energy (E), mass (m), and the square of the speed of light (c): E=mc2.
But over the last three years, the OPERA experiment has gathered high-precision data on exactly how long it took for the neutrinos to make a journey that should last about 2.4 thousandths of a second.
The neutrinos, though, arrived about 61 billionths of a second sooner than would light traveling in a vacuum, where its speed is at a maximum.
That's about 2 thousandths of a percent faster than the speed of light--not much, but more than enough to throw a major wrench into the workings of physics if the result is validated, Neutrinos still amazes.

Re: A new Age
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 09:39:33 AM »
Ninja'd,
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=6651.0

If possible remove this thread, or merge it.
Thanks.
Also, the above post was my 800th, totally. Worth it.

Offline SaoulZod

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: A new Age
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 09:46:02 AM »
Ninja. :D

*sigh*
Thanks, Chunkey.

Offline deXterous | KaB00M!

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 10:07:53 AM »
Although it is a big step for science;

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myjaVI7_6Is" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myjaVI7_6Is</a>

Offline Jon

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 10:19:57 AM »
http://news.cnet.com/8301-30685_3-20110594-264/physics-shocker-neutrinos-clocked-faster-than-light/
Great copy and paste martinerr.

Anyway. Most probably a zero error or some issue with the equipment.

lulz for anyone who didn't know (in the video above) z+1 = (delta lambda + lambda)/lamba, Z is therefore (delta lambda/lambda).
z + 1= Robserved/Remitted (Radius from one planet to another) or 1 + v/c (Doppler Shift).
Times the 1+v/c by the gammer factor or relativistic factor (differently named) to get the relative time.
t = t'0' x (gamma factor)
Gamma factor = 1/(root '1-v^2/c^2')
Just give you some basic understanding of what's going on.

The speed of light shows us everything we see. An object can gain speeds greater than the speed of light but the speed of light will slow down it's local time (Slowing the object purely relative to an observer far away) because everything MOVES with and is shown by the speed of light. Therefore everything must slow down behind the speed of light. Even if two relative velocities add up to over the speed of light, they pass it. Time is slowed down so it can be seen. In other words, how can a sensor pick up something that has not happened yet?

It's like you drawing something and having the image in your head but only being able to draw it at a certain rate. So there is no way something can bypass the speed of light... with this technology  ;D.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 10:38:03 AM by cuq »

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2011, 10:51:51 AM »
http://news.cnet.com/8301-30685_3-20110594-264/physics-shocker-neutrinos-clocked-faster-than-light/
Great copy and paste martinerr.

It's an article, why can't I copy and paste. I gave credits, don't be a smartass.

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2011, 03:14:14 PM »
Do you mean changing?
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal