Author Topic: Loyalist Points  (Read 3027 times)

Offline connall

• LUA Monkey
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Loyalist Points
« on: December 26, 2011, 06:21:26 PM »
The loyalist points system has really started to piss me off. So far I report crimes to officer and either I hand in contraband, they go thanks and leave or for instance the most recent example...

I was walking around sector 2, just wandering what was going on, a man approached me offered some radios, tells me about a stash in his bar after I "convince" him I am on his side, and all I can think is "Jackpot!" I rush to a CCA officer speak to him, and what does he tell me? "I honestly don't care I have things to do." Well okay I thought a bit odd, so I went to find another officer spoke to him explained everything. Silence. "Go talk to another officer." Well thanks. I understand people complain about the points a lot but what I think people can forget or at least the CCA is that since they are officers now they don't care about other people getting points. Can't there be another system in place or an interview or just something else, the one time I actually got points on a character and I had an CCA go Dirty Harry on my ass. Something to think about I suppose. I think it could also be because of my timezone (GMT) no admins are on to organize events to get points.

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Loyalist Points
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 06:34:48 PM »
I understand your hatered on the system. I about to be made 01 from 02 and upon this happening I will have a talk with all the lower units on how this should be played out. As of now to all the units reading this I want you to listen to a loyalist! They may not always be the brightest but they tell the truth about 99% of the time. Please for the love of god give them a fair amount of points for a sitiuation.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline GRID

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 06:50:28 PM »
The loyalist points system has really started to piss me off. So far I report crimes to officer and either I hand in contraband, they go thanks and leave or for instance the most recent example...

I was walking around sector 2, just wandering what was going on, a man approached me offered some radios, tells me about a stash in his bar after I "convince" him I am on his side, and all I can think is "Jackpot!" I rush to a CCA officer speak to him, and what does he tell me? "I honestly don't care I have things to do." Well okay I thought a bit odd, so I went to find another officer spoke to him explained everything. Silence. "Go talk to another officer." Well thanks. I understand people complain about the points a lot but what I think people can forget or at least the CCA is that since they are officers now they don't care about other people getting points. Can't there be another system in place or an interview or just something else, the one time I actually got points on a character and I had an CCA go Dirty Harry on my ass. Something to think about I suppose. I think it could also be because of my timezone (GMT) no admins are on to organize events to get points.
It's not the admins job to organize points, it's the units. Most of the units are lazy, but, most of us are usually VERY busy.

Offline connall

• LUA Monkey
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 08:36:32 PM »

It's not the admins job to organize points, it's the units. Most of the units are lazy, but, most of us are usually VERY busy.

Fair enough, but to flat our ignore it? No.

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 08:41:59 PM »
If I'm busy at the time - I usually thank the citizen and resume whatever I was doing / planning to do. I then keep an eye open or construct a BOL if they reported a person for something, and go on with whatever I was doing.

If we capture the BOL later on and it proves to be true, I usually give the citizen who reported it 1-2 points depending on what it was they reported etc. It just takes time.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 10:32:42 AM »
I once reported 3 BOLs in a row. They all got confirmed BOL by 152 (Which is you alex if I'm not mistaken) and by the APEX OfC.
How many points did I get for this? Oh yeah... ZERO.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 12:10:14 PM »
A female was attempting upa with my character so i tried to call over a nearby officer. He comes over to me, tells me to stop yelling, hits me with a powergame, and walks off.

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 10:40:04 PM »
I'm also having bad luck with points. Yesterday I managed to get 3 points for reporting a homicide and stopping a murder from continuing a crime spree. Today, spent like half the day on the server and reported 2 people, a Loyalist and an injured man, who had been locked in a room. I get no points for that. Isn't that considered saving someones life which is worth like 2-3 points? I also turned in 3 rebels, one of which was trying to recruit other members. Still no points. I didn't ask for points, but I complained a little bit about it in game. I honestly think more CCA should be in the habit of remembering to award points. Awarding points should be the first thing done at the scene of a crime if the crime is obvious in my opinion. For example, if someone turns in a stash of radios and says its so an so's, the CCA officers should just give the person who turned them in their points right there rather than taking the man who's accused into custody, questioning him, and eventually forgetting about the person who turned them in. I mean the crime is obvious, its highly likely the person who is being accused is guilty, and I don't see a reason to keep someone from getting their points while an investigation is done to prove everything.

I know I sound like I might be raging a bit, but I'm kind of tired of seeing blatant crimes being done that are of some significance, telling officers about them, and then being told "Thanks" as my reward, if even that (I'm usually told to back away from the crime area after the officers arrive) and not given any points. It actually demoralizes people who ARE Loyalist, and makes people who are trying to become one, give up or want to give up. I normally love playing on this server, but after reporting 2 incidents that I KNOW are worth points (reporting the injured guys locked in the room, and reporting 3 rebels) and not receiving a single point for any of it, I'm beginning to dislike it.

I understand CCA Officers are busy most of the time, but like I said the points system is in place so people can get points for good deeds and reporting crimes and when someone does report a crime or goes out of their way to do a good deed such as clean the streets, they should be awarded their points. More officers need to be in the habit of giving points on the spot. I also think everyone should be on the same page about the points. I read on the forums earlier today that cleaning the street/monument/vendor windows was worth 1 point. Some others and myself got rags and spent around 10 mins or so cleaning blood stains and graffiti and vendor windows and the monument right in front of CCA officers after being asked to clean by CCA officers and none of us got a single point. I asked about it in OOC if cleaning the streets like that was worth points and two people responded with a "No." I then said the forums should be updated then. If cleaning isn't worth points, then the forum post regarding what is worth what needs to be updated, or else more people need to be educated on how it all works.

Like I said before, I know the CCA is very busy and I understand that sometimes you don't get awarded points for some simple things like cleaning the streets. But I think things like requesting CCA assistance because two people were locked in a room against their will, or reporting 3 rebels, one of which was trying to recruit more people, is worth at least something.

Offline TorrentGamer ?Romney2012

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 08:04:53 AM »
On the server not too long ago, I was on my loyaltist character and I was busy asking a unit about points. Two people come over and he yells at us to get on the wall. He randomly searches us and tells us to move along. I later reported the unit ICly/OOCly to an 01.

The point is, one of the main objectives of the CCA is to turn people into loyaltist and soon become a CCA. And points is what leads to this, if you report somebody you should be rewarded points and a, 'Good job, citizen.' In any case, I do not see this in most 02- units. And I would like this to be fixed as many of the things that need to be so.
\\r\\ncolor annoys me, barely anyone is black, unlike last year\\r\\n
\\r\\n\\r\\n

Offline GeneralTrivium

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 08:23:28 AM »
On the server not too long ago, I was on my loyaltist character and I was busy asking a unit about points. Two people come over and he yells at us to get on the wall. He randomly searches us and tells us to move along. I later reported the unit ICly/OOCly to an 01.

The point is, one of the main objectives of the CCA is to turn people into loyaltist and soon become a CCA. And points is what leads to this, if you report somebody you should be rewarded points and a, 'Good job, citizen.' In any case, I do not see this in most 02- units. And I would like this to be fixed as many of the things that need to be so.

Sorry to say you're wrong here, in a non-canon aspect yes, you are right. I treat loyalists better than regular citizens in little ways, but that's just my character's personality. In HL2 if you go up to a CP they will push you away and eventually hit you if you don't bugger off. Try to talk to them, they tell you to move away.

But it's reasons like this we have VOID, they can't be everywhere at once but they try to be to catch out units performing unorthodox behaviour.

We cannot reward you points until what you claim has been proven true. If a description/name is given of an individual I copy the information down on a notepad and keep my eye out. I sometimes tell citizens they will receive points if it's proven true but some units (including myself) forget to say this which leads to citizens feeling that they're not being rewarded.

As for handing in contraband, this needs to be discouraged. If you pick up contraband you can then be charged with possession, which I tend to (perhaps not such harsh a punishment if they're a loyalist). An OOC reason  for this is that people with certain flags can simply spawn contraband and hand it in for loyalist points. I believe we give points for people who REPORT contraband, however you have the same problem here as before. You can simply spawn the item and then report it, which is why I think we shouldn't reward people for reporting contraband. Unfortunate though it is, I see it as the only solution.

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 11:50:33 PM »
I think contraband should only be worth points if you report someone that is then searched and found to have contraband. Although this can be exploited as well by someone selling or giving it to someone, then reporting them for it. I guess it should really be taken on a case by case basis on whether or not turning in contraband is worth points or not.

Offline Bobby ã??

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 10:38:26 AM »
I managed to work up the points pretty fast due to reporting major crimes and becoming a vigilante at some points.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal