Author Topic: [DENIED] Sam Beecham's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1164 times)

Offline Super_Killer6501

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[DENIED] Sam Beecham's Civil Authority Application
« on: January 24, 2012, 10:12:12 PM »
Sam Beecham's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Super_Killer6501

IC Character Name: Sam Beecham

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
When Sam was first captured by the Combine and moved into his first city, he hated their guts! Blaming them for the death of his entire family, ruining his life he was just starting, and ravaging the earth! Then he saw a broadcast by Dr.Breen. This broadcast explained how the Combine were here for us, to help us, to immortalize us, and to keep us safe. Sam bought it! Believing the Combine were the good guys here to help us against the evil creatures outside the cities, including the Vortiguants.

Sam, now no longer hating the Combine deciced to make the best of his new life and help the Combine! This included cleaning, reporting crimes, and being a great citizen! Sam thought it was a smart thing to do! Help the aliens who came her to help us, and get great benefits while doing it! He was now on his way to becoming a loyalist and he loved his life!

Realizing how great it was to be a loyalist, Sam decided he wanted to take the extra step! Before the Portal Storms, Sam was the bartender at a local Pub his wife and himself owned. Now that his whole family is dead from the Portal Storm attacks, Sam has something new to announce his love and eternal loyalty to. The Combine Civil Authority!

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
He is very lawful and any crimes of any sort he witnesses he immediatly reports! He is a very friendly person and will usually offer his help for a lot of situations. He is passive but isnt afraid to fight back if attacked. He always looks at the cup as half full!

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
I expect the Combine Civil Authority to be very hard and demanding at first. To learn a lot and to try to roleplay to the situations given to me. But after a while I will start to understand and get the hang of it and become a great Civil protection character who can memorize all the codes and rules of the CP! I expect it to be a very fun, strict, and high role playing role!

Sam expects the Civil Protection to be his next step torwards Union loyalty. He hopes for it to be a role where he can use his new power and influence to help others. He knows he will be challenged at first with all the new information for recruits but after getting the hang of it knows he will become the right hand of the Union. Ready to die when they say so!

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Sam Beecham was born in Manchester England. He was born to two teenage parents who were in no way fit to raise him. Before Sam could even talk he was dumped on the nearest Orphanage with no Identification except for a sheet of paper that said "Hi, this is Sam Beecham. Please take care of him! Thanks!". Sam was then raised by the Orphanage what would be, for the remainder of his childhood.

By age 18 Sam had never of been adopted. Call it bad luck, but no one wanted to adopt him. He married the only other girl who also had not been adopted. Her name was Cathy. Cathy was given away by the Orphanage at the wedding and the couple immediatly opened a local pub (Sam as the bartender, Cathy as the Manager), got a two story house, and had a happy life.

By age 19 Sam had two beautiful children, a boy and a girl. With the new children being born, Sam and Cathy made sure to go out of there way to give them a happy life, one they never had. They closed the Pub ealier, spent many hours with them, and spoiled them rotten. They still needed a babysitter once and a while, but spent as much time with the children as they could. Life couldn't be sweeter.

By age 23 Sam and his Wife had been doing very well. Their children were speaking, walking, and gradually developing. Their Pub was doing very well and had many customers. Finally they had lots of friends and life seemed like nothing could go wrong, that was until the Porta storms striked. It was almost instant. Before Anyone even heard about them they appeared. One particullary right inside the Pub! It was chaos! People running as fast as there bodies were dropping from the alien creatures. Sam in terror and confusion ran for the only thing that mattered to him, his wife!

Sam was running into the managers officer and was about to open it when he heard a scream. He broke open the door, only to find his lifeless wife in a Vortigaunts arms. In rage, Sam charged the Vortigaunt, stabbing it in it's large red eye with his fruit cutting knife. As the dying Vortigaunt let out a loud screech of pain, Sam ran for his last hope, his children!

Sam ran through the chaotic, burning, alien infested streets of Manchester. He dodged in the shadows, making sure to be seen by nothing! When he finally got to his house, Sam's heart stopped in his track as he saw his entire house was gone, and all that stood was a burning crater. Sam, disreguarding all the chaos, bent down and wept over what remainded of his daughters teddy bear. Sam was almost killed by a group of headcrab zombies until he was saved by the local military and taken to a barricaded section of Manchester. Sam's life was broken and all that remained inside was a black void.

By age 28 Sam had been trying to live a normal life in the encased cities. helping around the city as much as he can, but unfortunatly being unable to fight. Untill word got out about Soldiers and cities being destroyed all over the planet by the millions in minutes. Super Soldier Aliens were exiting out of the Portals destroying all in their path. Seeing as how poweful these alien creatures were, Sam blamed the Combine, even though he didn't know for sure if they were the ones who killed his family, he had to blame somone! As the Combine moved through Manchester, Sam and a handful of his friends ran and hid untill they were finally captured by the Combine.

Now at age 29 Sam lives in city 45. After seeing an broadcast by Dr. Breen, he no longer hates the Combine but the exact oppisote. He see's them as a species that came to save the humans against the Evil creatures outside the cities. He no longer blames them for everything and instead blames the other creatures, most importantly the Vortigaunts! Sam soon starts his path to becoming a loyalist and decides to apply for the Civil Protection!

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
Yes a long time ago, before you needed loyalist status. It was removed, due to inactivity because I was busy with school.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
1-2 years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
2-3 years.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
about a little longer than half a year.

4. What Time zone are you in?
MST.

5. In what country do you live?
U.S.A

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
I was cleaning S2 when two Anti-citizens arrived. They put me at knife point and demanded I give them Tokens! I didn't want to cause trouble so a threw tokens both there way. Unfortunatly they decided to cripple me before leaving and one seemed to be taking steroids or some sort of drug. He kicked me so hard in the knee that my leg bent backward and the bone split out of the skin.

The Anti-citizens then left me there after throwing a few kicks and punches as I crawled to the main plaza. When I got there a trail of blood followed me from S2. Luckily the CWU had a medical institue set up in the main plaza. I went in and almost fainted of blood loss and shock when a CWU worker saw me and did some work on me. After a long operation and lots of pain RP, she gave me come crutches and it was fun to RP having crutches around the city. I now have a scar in my desc and it will be there forever!

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
YES! Very good listener!

IC Section

Full Name: Sam Beecham
CID: 56145
Height: 6'4
Hair Colour brown
Eye Colour: blue
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 180
Mental Distinctions: Over Joyus, sees life to the fullest, helpful, trusting and trusthworthy.
Mental Defects: Slight depression from the loss of his family.
Mental Advantages: strong willed, obediant, fast learner.
Notable Qualities: Loyal, Hardworker, Charismatic, No family, Tough(been in multiple accidents and bar fights, gotten used to pain.), and fast reflexes.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
Ive been detained for trespassing. I was in a room when another citizen spead by me and opened a secret passage to tunnels. I was going to chase him down and report him when a CP saw me and thought I was using the Tunnel system. I tried to explain but it was no use and I was sentenced 3 cycles and had 2 points removed.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes every day! Only rations and sometimes if I have enough money twice a day.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Of course I am! If the Universal Union sent me to my death I would die with honor and know I was dying for a good cause!

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes I do!

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes! Loyal and faithful every day, every hour, every minute, every second!

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
want a chance to make difference in this life! I want to help better serve the Union and this is the path to it! I also want to have more controll over stopping anti-citizens from doing criminal acts then I would with a request device. In conclusion, I want to help and make life better and more stable.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Sam Beecham hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 07:44:01 AM by Veran120 »

Offline ghostface killah

• Anime King
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Sam Beecham's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 03:44:46 AM »
UNIT: 312
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: Officer
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: Sam Beecham
Citizen Identification Number: #####

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| INTERVIEW PENDING ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting <C45.CCA.UNIFORM.OfC.312>
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 03:46:30 AM by Jogzi »

Offline Veran120

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Sam Beecham's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 07:43:44 AM »
UNIT: 58466
DIVISION: Universal Union
CLEARANCE: Sectorial Commander
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: Sam Beecham
Citizen Identification Number: 56145

Acceptance status:
<::|| DENIED ||::>

Reason:
<::|| Applicant is classified as level one BOL due to being ex-military enlisted soldier according to previous application. Issue level 1 when found. ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting UU.C45.SeC.58466
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
HL2RP Characters
UU.C45.SeC.58466 | ALIVE | City 45 | "If you fail me, better for you if you commit suicide." | Theme: [Click]
Zoey 'Angel' Talke | ALIVE | City 45 | "Oh really?" | Theme: [Click]
Valerie 'Val' Anderson | ALIVE | Outlands | *grin* | Theme: [Click]

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal