Author Topic: Big changes  (Read 3786 times)

Offline ???Jesusfreak???

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Big changes
« on: February 07, 2013, 08:02:03 AM »
It all began a few days ago. and before you ask... No I did not get laid

In Denmark we have some annoying thing called "værnepligt" in English "compulsory military service"
It's where the military can "force" you into the military, and be in there for 4 months. I knew one day I would receive a letter from them and had to be there on they date they wanted to see me. I could refuse, but that would just come with a consequence of jail or a big fine, or the police came and took me out from my bed, throw me in the car and drove me to the place.

When I came to their station on they date they had to expect me to be at. I were not alone, there were around 28 others students of different schools. It all began smoothly, I didn't really want to get into the army, but wasn't "Noooo! I don't wanna!" thing. I was okay with it if I were been chosen. We started to watch a few films of what happen in the army. They had the airforce, navy and the infantry. But since we also were one of the few countries with a royal queen/king we also had the *ugh* "the Royal Life Guards". Yes I talk about those men with a giant black "hair hat" who has to remain calm and stay still for a long amount of time as stupid tourists could take pictures or be annoying as fuck.
As the film ended they gave us an IQ test which I scored 49 points of. My first thought was near the "stupidity scale". After that we went outsite for a break where we could get food and drink. In the meantime I tried to think if this really could be an opportunity to do something from my life. Of course it isn't fun to be yelled at for a simple mistake you have been made, but still.

I gave it a chance since when I'm done with my education I would have a free year where I could do what ever I want, if I had the money for it. I was later that time been called into some ear and eye tests to see if I was blind or deaf. after that I went to the doctor to check my body (no homo) to see if I had any issues with leg, head etc. He also notified my score on 49 point which he said was a great score since the average was around 38 points. And also told me I was the 3rd best in my group. "well that was abit unexpected." he also told me I were able to sign in the army and then signed on a piece of paper which he gave me.
As I went out a female hand reached arm and pulled me inside her room where she should "No... not anything related to sex" give me my papers I came with (grades and such) She asked to pull me a number. If I was between 1-4000 I had a chance to get forced in the army. everything else up to 36000 was a free number. I picked the number 22664 She said I got a free number and then signed on the papers and gave them it back.
Still when I came home I had a feeling I could sure spend 4 months on my free year on something which would give me some new abilities. So yeah... I'm going to start training again, and try to send a request that I wish to get the armies basic training. I hope I get accepted.

Credit goes to jackal

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Big changes
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 08:16:15 AM »
I knew that something like this existed but i've never heard of it being used in Denmark.

It seems like bs to me (not your story, i believe you, its the entire concept of compulsory military service), just dont like the idea behind it.

Anyways, good luck to you.

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 08:31:48 AM »
Good luck bro, I'm planning on enlisting out of collage(If not before to cover the cost) and gonna start training my self and getting in to tip top shape over the next few years(Shooting for Rangers or Marine first recon).
Military training does give you a lot of skills that you can used outside of it.

However, I don't like the idea of conscripted forces unless absolutely dire(Like Russia in WW2... though not the way they treated them).
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline ???Jesusfreak???

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 11:53:13 AM »
I knew that something like this existed but i've never heard of it being used in Denmark.

It seems like bs to me (not your story, i believe you, its the entire concept of compulsory military service), just dont like the idea behind it.

Well it says here on Danish:

"Du skal være opmærksom på, at ulovlig udeblivelse fra Forsvarets Dag kan medføre straf i form af bøde eller fængsel, jf. værnepligtslovens (Paragraf 34), jf. lovbekendtgørelse nr. 255 af 13. marts 2006"

That was the paper they sent me + a free transport ticket. on the data I should meet.
Sure you can find it in the book about the laws in Denmark.

Credit goes to jackal

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 12:14:57 PM »
If you had an actual IQ test of 49, something isn't right surely? Or was it not a proper one?
what

Offline Rasmus5500

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 12:15:28 PM »

"Du skal være opmærksom på, at ulovlig udeblivelse fra Forsvarets Dag kan medføre straf i form af bøde eller fængsel, jf. værnepligtslovens (Paragraf 34), jf. lovbekendtgørelse nr. 255 af 13. marts 2006"

That was the paper they sent me + a free transport ticket. on the data I should meet.
I've only heard that, if you refuse to join the military in Denmark you'll have to have some community service for the 4 months, you should have been in the military. Maybe i heard wrong..

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 12:35:58 PM »
If you had an actual IQ test of 49, something isn't right surely? Or was it not a proper one?

Im assuming the 49 was some sort of grading system, I doubt a military would let people who have an IQ of 49 in

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 12:47:28 PM »

Im assuming the 49 was some sort of grading system, I doubt a military would let people who have an IQ of 49 in

A person with IQ of 49 probaly wouldn't be able to play computer games and interact on the Internet..

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 02:43:59 PM »

Every male in Denmark has to go through this. Your chance of drawing a so called "free number", is VERY big tho (just like Jesus picked one).

But yeah, unless you have a special illness that makes you unable to attend, you HAVE to unless you want to serve some kind of punishment.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 03:03:02 PM »
I do not have an issue with compulsory military service. Many nations require it because of small populations an imminent threats, or a lack of interest among the civilian populace to willingly enlist in the armed services. If I were called upon to serve my country, I'd do it without question.

Good luck, though.
Live free or die

Offline ???Jesusfreak???

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 03:28:30 PM »

I've only heard that, if you refuse to join the military in Denmark you'll have to have some community service for the 4 months, you should have been in the military. Maybe i heard wrong..

You can skip the military, yes. You just have to spend 4 months with a job which is related to the army.

And the IQ-test results is in grades. Not the IQ of a person.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 03:30:17 PM by Jesusfreak »

Credit goes to jackal

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal