Author Topic: Half Life the movie?  (Read 6637 times)

Offline agrum

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Half Life the movie?
« on: November 30, 2011, 11:15:23 PM »
What would you guys think of a Half Life movie? Not a cheap one, I mean a largescale one. What do you think it should be about?
Ideas? Feel free to share.

Also check this out, it is kind of creepy how close these are.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4rAJpUohrs" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4rAJpUohrs</a>

(I know a lot of people have probably already seen it, but for those who haven't...)

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Half Life the movie?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 11:27:37 PM »
IMHO, Hollywood like they're usually are will fuck up the movie, oh wait they will.
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 11:31:20 PM »
Honestly, I think it's a stupendous idea. I don't know why nobody other than the purchase bros. never really bothered to make a HL2 movie. Even they, who spent money to do it, made it a short film like a couple minutes long. I'd love to see an actualy movie movie like a two hour one.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Eclipse

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 11:34:10 PM »
Honestly, I think it's a stupendous idea. I don't know why nobody other than the purchase bros. never really bothered to make a HL2 movie. Even they, who spent money to do it, made it a short film like a couple minutes long. I'd love to see an actualy movie movie like a two hour one.

People haven't done it because video games that end up becoming movies, are the worst movies in existence since they always fuck up either the story or everything overall. I'm glad they haven't made one yet, because it would be complete shit if they do.

Offline emma

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 03:18:33 AM »
It would be interesting to have completely new characters that would explain the story a tad bit better, like starting from the 7 hour war.

Hell, they could call it 7 Hour War.
;)

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 04:16:05 AM »
What would you guys think of a Half Life movie? Not a cheap one, I mean a largescale one. What do you think it should be about?
Ideas? Feel free to share.

Also check this out, it is kind of creepy how close these are.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4rAJpUohrs" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4rAJpUohrs</a>

(I know a lot of people have probably already seen it, but for those who haven't...)

its "creepy" because they're the people valve modeled off of, not just random people who happen to look like characters from hl2

Offline agrum

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 08:27:59 AM »
Well, that is pretty cool. But do you have proof my friend? I do not doubt you, I would just like to read about it.

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 08:36:59 AM »
If I were directing a half-life movie, i'd choose the half-life2 timezone, and make it a movie about the resistance and their struggles + at the beginning of the film it would be the tale of the 7 hour way, then it comes out of the flashback and its a resistance member telling the story.

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 11:02:41 AM »
If I were directing a half-life movie, i'd choose the half-life2 timezone, and make it a movie about the resistance and their struggles + at the beginning of the film it would be the tale of the 7 hour way, then it comes out of the flashback and its a resistance member telling the story.

Good idea, if it was made I'd watch it. Maybe have Eli or something narrate the 7 hour war as well.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 11:37:23 AM »
If they did it from the rebel prespective...maybe. It would not work from Gordans point of view...cus he cannot talk...
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 12:20:00 PM »
If they did it from the rebel prespective...maybe. It would not work from Gordans point of view...cus he cannot talk...

Out of all the characters you'd have as the lead of a film, I dont think a mute who runs around gunning everything would be a good sell

Offline emma

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, 03:06:56 PM »
Itt: People who doesn't understand films.
;)

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2011, 09:05:02 PM »
I think it could either be really good, or a complete piece of shit.  It depends who makes it, who the actors are, and what it's about.  I couldn't bother thinking of an idea myself but I think it could be made really well.

Offline Christopher Jay

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2011, 09:25:43 PM »
You know those photos are actually the reference people that valve used to model after them?

Offline agrum

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2011, 06:24:42 PM »
You know those photos are actually the reference people that valve used to model after them?

You do realize someone already said that...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal